Dallas Cup

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by theodore, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the Liverpool youth squad have the Carlsberg sponsorship on the jerseys?

2. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    most of them are old enough to drink in England.

3. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington

seriously? how old is that, 7?

i would imagine lil liverpool is included in any sponsorship deal liverpool has right? bwin or whatever was on Real's last year, not alcohol related. Everton sports Chang which is beer. interesting.

4. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benfica played Chivas tonight... they were down 2-nil to Chivas and came back to a draw 2-2.

They had a few chances at the end to beat Chivas but didn't finish.

So it's Monterrey vs Tigres Friday night at 6:00 and Liverpool vs Benfica at 8:00 Friday night. I'm hoping to be there for both games.

Here's a few pictures from tonight... my daughter and her friend even found a defender from Benfica they liked, #5 Pedro Eugenio.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
  6. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that's the benefit of having Hicks as one of the owners.

7. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    The S group final, IMHO, will be Friday night. Benfica and Liverpool. That will a fun game to watch.

#16 André Carvalhas for Benfica and #11 Ray Putterill for Liverpool have been my favorites.

edit:

by the way, Liverpool are getting reinforcements

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=383507

8. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington
    fwiw Chelsea brought 3 guys who had played in the Prem a decent amount last year to the dallas cup: ben sahar, scott sinclair, fabio ferriera, Real brought Lionel Franck last season and the kid i loved fernando guerrerro. if your under 19 and have a ton of talent, your gonna at the very least see time on the reserve team. hicks doesnt have much if anything to do with the kids they sent. maybe the gaffer wants to give hicks a little piece of the pie but, anything more, id think isnt really on target. Liverpool is on target with those teams with what they sent.

9. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the weather will screw things up again for the finals :mad:

10. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    I would imagine that Tom Hicks insisted Liverpool send a VERY competitive team to the Dallas Cup.....

11. HoopsfamMM

HoopsfamMM Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Round Rock TX
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, he had to have said something to someone about "I would really like to win in my HOMETOWN, so take the "A" team......"

12. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas Cup on Metro Sports
    March 20th, 2008 . By: Buzz Carrick
    http://www.3rddegree.net/

13. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    U13

11:00 am QF1 Southampton FC vs Dallas Texans Red w/Emerson Hyndman

Can anyone confirm he is related to Schellas?

14. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004

Yes...It's his grandson. He is a stud. He's actually a 96 playing up with the 95's. He's a little small, but he is something special to watch. I believe he is already drawing interest from European scouts.

15. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
  16. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    The interesting thing is that Dallas Texans Red is housing the kiddos from South Hampton. South Hampton is also using 2 keepers from the Dallas area as guest players.

17. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Nardo, Is Travis playing in the tourney..if so what team?

18. Zé Bill

Zé Bill Member

Mar 21, 2004
    can someone tell me a NON www.dallascup.com site where I can find Saturday's Dallas Cup schedule of any PHP Stadium or PHP complex Dallas Cup games.

I'm sure it's there somewhere on that site but I can't find it. Thank you DC and Bill Gates for making me feel stupid. It's your world.

I'm not going to Richland; have to tie it in with FCD x CAP

19. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Go to that sight and hit 2008 Tournament. The schedule are below that. Not sure if you can get the whole PHP complex at once. You might have to go by division schedules, and form there, hit individual fields.

20. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Qtr final games starts from 10am on. Friendlies will be ongoing starting 9:30am. You'll just have to stop a DC tent.

21. Zé Bill

Zé Bill Member

Mar 21, 2004
    thanks - among my mistakes in how I failed to find was clicking on that little blue "continue" under the front page paragraph on sched. changes due to rain.

btw re: me and computers : that Glenn Davis audio interview w T-Lo? for me it's a silent psychedelic light show [Vista OS]. Youtube clips? 5 1- mintes to see a 25 second cli[p, that can't be right, can it? crappy Worldverge $9.99 ISP might explain it. so don't expect me to respond to a youtube or half the time even an image.

and DC tents are unstoppable.

22. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    might explain it?

:D

23. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    He is not playing this year.

24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone wanna go bartend for me so I can go to Liverpool's game? Anyone? Buller?

Ok see y'all @ 1 AM, and there better be good news...

25. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh yeah, and one more thing. My girlfriend and I were at the Galleria yesterday and a whole bunch of the Super group teams were there, including Sao Paulo and Benefica. The funny thing is that every guy from Sao Paulo had a little Victoria Secret bag, like they had just ran in there with their male buddies and bough a little unmentionable. Now what strikes me as weird is what exactly could they be getting for their (hopefully) girlfriends that they couldn't get in Brazil? Hmmm.....