Lee Nguyen apparently on trial in Turkey

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by johan derksen, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I seriously doubt so, just see what happen in this Danish movie ('Old Men in New Cars'... dubbed in German) when 3 Danes try to order a 'conference room with a whiteboard' at a Swedish hotel :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u44-hdKUiGU

2. Depends on the scholing the reindeer had:p

The Danish players all learn Dutch fast and perfect, better than a lot of Dutch as they get scholing from high quality teachers. Dutch are terrible aat Danish, in Europe Danish is also referred to as that throat disease:eek:

3. s0ccerstud86

s0ccerstud86 Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Columbia, Mo
    ozcitysoccer.com makes it sound like nguyen will be offered a contract by randers fc in denmark. fellow american will john signed there today, too.

4. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats good for Lee and I am sure PSV is happy to unlaod his contract.

5. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    aye aye lord of the thread hijack

and that still stands, any midfield not called the Houston Dynamo he would walk onto, there are some squads that would give their right nut to have Feilhaber on their team. And even then he'd have a chance of starting ahead of your vaunted Ricardo Clark depending on their tactics.

and i keep re-enforcing the point. The biggest reason feilhaber on the bubble in a nats perspective asside from the lack of PT is a) he was exhausted from the copa america and b) he was starting at right mid from sweden on in all friendlies we played this year; setting him up to fail. No master tactician needed to figure this out. Would you line Beasley up at center back??? Bocanegra at forward?

and its a 5-6 game shnide, half of which he was set up to fail, its not a 20-25 game shnide like certain other forwards who shall not go named that you worship.

Feilhaber would start on any MLS squad not called houton, and Nguyen would probably get the nod on 4-6 teams in the league.

6. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not entirely accurate. Actually, I think he would be great for Houston and would team nicely with Clark in Center Midfield with DeRo moving up top. He most likely would not start for DCU as Gallardo is the attacking mid and he needs a more defensive-minded partner than BF in the middle. With every other MLS team, he should be starting if he plays to his potential.

7. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
  8. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Thanks for the info.

9. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until the first time he dribbled backward into the box and lost the ball, or didn't track back and fulfill his defensive responsibilities.... Then Dom would stick him at the end of the bench and never look back. I'd put the over/under for Feilhaber in the Dynamo lineup at about 65 minutes.

10. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Both Americans are making the debut for Randers tonite at 7pm scandinavian time against Hobro in a trainingmatch. They are both starters.
    Randers starts like this.
    Emil Ousager – Søren Pedersen, Robert Arzumanyan, Issah Ahmed, Jan Frederiksen – Lee Nguyen, Jeppe Brandrup, Tidiane Sane, Will John – Bédi Buval, Fabinho.

T

11. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    So, your basic "Empty Bucket" with a Yank on each wing.

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

Actually it's probably a diamond 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 because Siane is an attacking player and Brandup is more defensive.

13. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    OK, I know you are defending your team, but you know what people?
    He isn't that far off.

I watched Benny in Hamburg. He lost his chance because he did these types of things, along with mindless giveaways in poor spots that burned th eteam. He would play fairly well, show he belonged, and then just do one or two really dumb, dumb things to screw it up.

I inintially drooled when I first saw Benny in the U20's and at first with the Nats. I started paying close attention and got to see him at Hamburg (I work in Deutschland quite often).

He just doesn't seem to process quick enough and makes bad mental errors very often. He just may be playing at to high a speed/physicality and level for him.

We need Benny to suceed. We need that type of passing but has real limitations it would seem.

Something that I think was laways glossed over, even in Nat games where he played well, was the mindless poor giveaways right to opponents. The type of stuff Baby B got hammered for. Benny regularly would just play it right to the opp with no pressure on him. Maybe it looked prettier, but very few would comment on this.

I am not suprised he looks good against C'Caf comp. More his style. I am not surprised he looked OK at the Copa. Again, more his style. He gets more time on the ball and to make decisions.

In Europe at the higher levels that ain't happening, and this is where he has issues IMO. I think Spain would be better fo rhim, but even then I am not sure his decision making/brain processing) would be quick enough. Looking back at the U20 he had a lot of time and space on the ball and looked good. When pressured he has the abiltiy to make the pass and get out of it at times (soemthing we love), but more often than he loses it or gets the team in unneccessary trouble.

IOW's. I am not sold on Benny at high levels right now. He has not stood out at 2 places. That is not a conspiracy or accident. He needs to play regularly and have a chance to work things out.

He would get that chance here in MLS, but I am not convinced he would be a big game changer at this point. I hope this isn't the case, but we might have already seen pretty close to the best Benny can offer. I think it is very possible.

Players just grow, change, adapt, improve in different ways and time frames. Some never get passed a certain physical/ mental level. I reserve judgement on Benny until I actually see him get regular playing time somewhere, but I won't rule out that Benny may just not get much better than he is already, and that may just be the case. I'm rooting fo rhim, but I won't be blind about it either.

14. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    Great to hear, prob. not chance of a stream, so any updates would be much appreciated. I'm a bit surprised they're giving both a run so quickly, a good surprised, Lee needs the minutes...

15. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Its going to be a tough match, mostly because the weather here is stormy. No updates because they play around 50 miles from Randers. But will translate match resume later when its on the randersfc.dk website. Randersfc is going to Dubai feb 13 for 12 days trainingcamp. And first real match of the year will be against Brondby in the cup quaterfinal away on marts 9. And first game of springseason is the week after also against brondby.

16. biglove

biglove New Member

Feb 10, 2004
    berkeley, ca
    randersfan, thanks for the updates!

2 questions:

1- do you know of a good English website to follow Randers?

2- do you know where on the internet to buy a Randers jersey, with customized names and numbers?

17. biglove

biglove New Member

Feb 10, 2004
    berkeley, ca
    also, do you know what number he will wear?

and, what name will appear on the back? "Lee" like back in PSV, or the traditional last name "Nguyen"?

18. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Update 3-0 to randersfc at the break. Second scorer of the match Lee. Heard that the leaders of the club called him Lee in a interview so i guess it will be Lee on the back. The goal was a sliding goal, Lee and Fabinho combined though the defense of Hobro.
    Lee was also involved in the 3 goal together with Will. Good combinations.

19. SDBhoy

SDBhoy New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    So it's looking pretty promising? It's always nice when some Americans can make a big impact. And we develop soft spots for the clubs that embrace them for a long time. So I guess you can color me a Randers fan now. Time to go and sign Lee and Will on FootballManager while managing the club. :D

20. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Guess it will up to me to make a english website for u guys over there. I have been webmaster of several website regarding Randersfc, but never on english. but guess it will be a good idea since 2 american youngster is here now. I will try to set it up later today.
    Regarding jerseys its possible to buy at the shop here, But its only danish site
    http://www.randersfcshoppen.dk/shop/troeje-med-tryk-2c1.html
    I will look into other options later too

21. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    So we got the name, we need the number and where we can order a RFC jersey. hook us up :)

22. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Randersfan, thanks for the updates. I think it's best you (or someone else) start a new thread for Lee so this one can slowly die.

:)

I hope he keeps on scoring.

23. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Joahn, i don't know what to say. We'll still get your proprietary animated gifs in the Bradley threads but this is the end of the Lee and Johan road, vaya con dios my friend. :)

24. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    lol

Feels like losing a son...

*damn* should've asked for his PSV-shirts last time I saw him.

:eek:

25. new_skin

new_skin Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johan-
    Don't know if this has ever been asked before, but what do/did PSV fans think of Lee? By that I mean did they think he deserved a shot, or is it more like a Johann Smith-Bolton thing, where even hardcore Bolton fans struggle to remember he's on the squad?