Red Bulls 07-08 Off-Season Analysis Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Onionsack, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Violafritz

Violafritz New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Vienna
    2 points:

At first the left guy was also at red bull salzburg a few seasons before.
    His name is: Christian Mayerleb and this striker was one of the most effective scorer in the austrian bundesliga. The only failure was his age:

http://www.bundesliga.at/bewerbe/index.php?sub1=1&sub2=1_4&sub3=1_4_1&vrnr=4035&spnr=170725

At last, Markus Schopp tell today the austrian press that he ends his career:
    http://sport.orf.at/071219-1462/index.html

Sorry for my bad english, but i think that would be interesting for you...

2. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, that is the first we have heard about Schopp retiring. Thank you for the points, your english is fine.

3. Violafritz

Violafritz New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Vienna
    The whole interview from another austrian sport site: "sport1.at"

http://www.sport1.at/911+M55f223a06ad.html

the importent thing in this article (from RBNY view) is this:

~~i try to translate~~ at first the original text:

Sport1: Du wirst dem Fußball aber in einer Position im Hintergrund erhalten bleiben...

Schopp: ...Mein momentaner Status ist der, dass ich mit Jänner noch einmal zurück gehe in die USA. Das hat auch damit zu tun, dass meine Tochter dort noch in die Schule geht. Aber auch natürlich, weil mir Red Bull die Möglichkeit gegeben hat in der Jugendakademie in Amerika anzufangen. Es würde mir auf jeden Fall Spaß machen in dieses sehr interessante Projekt hineinzuschnuppern und zu erfahren, wie es in diesem Bereich funktioniert. Das ist vorerst meine kurzfristige Planung bis Sommer 2008.

so now the translation:

Sport1: You will be preserved to the football in the backround position...

Schopp: At the moment i can say that i go back to US in january, because my daughter even go to school here. Of course RBNY give me the chance to beginn in the youth-section. (as a coach~?!?)
    It sounds very interesting to me and i can learn more new things in sections like this and i would have certainly much fun to try this.
    So that are my short Plans till Sommer 2008

4. pooh

pooh Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Thanks. It would be pretty good to have him as a youth team coach.

5. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATED

CLOSING SCHOPP

Austian Press reports Marcus has decided to retire. Possibly may stay on as a youth coach. This frees up an International spot, around 250K in salary and a senior roster spot. Auf Wiedersehen!!!

[​IMG]

2007 Red Bulls Roster

Senior Roster Players
    16 of 18

• Altidore, Josmer
    • Angel, Juan Pablo
    • Conway, Jon
    • Doe, Francis
    • Freeman, Hunter
    • Goldtwaite, Kevin
    • Kovalenko, Dema
    • Leitch, Chris
    • Magee, Mike
    • Mendes, Carlos
    • Parke, Jeff
    • Reyna, Claudio
    • Richards, Dane
    • Stammler, Seth
    • Van den Berg, Dave
    • Wolyniec, John

Developmental Roster
    8 of 10

• Caccavale, Sal
    • Camp, Blake (waived)
    • Cepero, Danny
    • Ikangu, Elie
    • Karcz, Chris
    • Laventure, Jerrod
    • Patterson, Randi
    • Ubiparipovic, Sinisa

Rights Owned, Not on Active Roster
    • Quaranta, Santino

Internationals
    4 of 8

• Angel, Juan Pablo
    • Doe, Francis
    • Ikangu, Elie
    • Richards, Dane

Designated Players
    2 of 2

• Angel, Juan Pablo
    • Reyna, Claudio

2008 SUPERDRAFT
    Red Bulls Picks

#16- Aquired from Toronto for Wynne
    #?- 2nd round Pick from LA for Mathis
    #44- From Toronto for Ibrahim
    #49- May or may not have it, it was given conditionaly to LA for Quaranta

6. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Why are some players red?

7. Nidal Baba Superstar

Sep 20, 2006
    Far away
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Birthdate. They'll not be eligible for the Dev roster next year, I believe.

8. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Ooo ok that makes sense. Thanks.

9. lprevolution

lprevolution Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Philadelphia
    What has become of Santino? has he lost weight and changed his attitude? Damn, he was a baby in DC, unproductive, except his 1 golazo, and disa f'ing peared.

He just seemed like such the college boy prick, and couldn't be professional, even after playing with the Nats.

Sorry to dis. But, will he be back in favor? opinions?...

10. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hurt himself after one practice.

Somehow, I don't think he'll be back unless he takes a substantial pay cut.

Sad that it didn't work out

11. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So - all 4 draft picks + 2 youth guys will go into Developmental at worst.

I'd be pretty surprised if L'Aventure made the roster. I doubt Karcz will, but I don't knwo how Osorio woudl see him. Sinisa will I believe.

I also think that the develoopmental roster will be totally reshaped - I think no one on that list (save Cepero) is safe from being cut (or moved to the senior roster in Sinisa's case).

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, in 2007 we have seven as DVP, Cascavale, Leventure, Patterson, Cepero, Sinisa, Camp and Vide...

Two of them are gone, Camp and Vide...

Two may stay: Cepero and Sinisa ....

The rest: Caccavale, Leventure and Patterson I thing the best can happen is cut them off, because if they don't make progress in the last two year, I don't thing they ever will....

In the other hand, we only have three International player of eight, and Osorio can start looking for five or six International too fill the hole, I say six if they can find a better international to substitute for Doe, which is one I thing, that don't deserve that no body spend a international spot on him if we can find something better...

13. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Was it sad? I didn't expect a g**d*** thing from Quaranta. Hard to be disappointed then.

14. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about in general : from very highly touted youngster to just about out of the league in about five years or so.

15. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well its possible he could go after 5 more internationals, however, don't forget we still can only have 18 senior roster contract players. So unless some of these internationals are willing to take a crap dev contract there would have to be cuts or trades to make room on the roster.

16. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was one of the leaders in goals scored in the reserve division? Sounds like he was developing pretty well with 4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games.

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    22 now, the 4 YI now could be SI and senior players by default....That will give us more depth and opportunity to have a good bench to fill any casualties that can occurred in the road and that's the name of the game for a long, long season and the play off....

18. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA

and yes well loose the best one in next yeasr expantion draft....

19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    One goes a dozen will come....

We have to expose one of them, no matter if we only have two or eight....

¿Or you mean that because we will loose one or two players we better don't sign anything?, ...come on....

20. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA

no no i dint mean that....

but mls has to expand the protection list to 14 IMO.... and a team like seattle shouldnt have a expantion draft because they have a team let there F.O. look for players and do some trades....

21. MT323

MT323 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    NYC'burbs/Cincinnati
    The Sounders are a USL team and when the Seattle MLS team comes in, the USL Seattle team will simply relocate. Point is, they're not the same team, so you can't just bring an entire USL team to MLS. USL and MLS are completely separate leagues and are not under the same umbrella organization like the FA is in England or the DFB in Germany. Yes, some USL Seattle players (probably no more than 4) will come up to MLS, but not all of them.

22. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The owners are the same, no? Seattle's MLS team and Sounders? I thought I read somewhere that the owners threatened to shut the Sounders down in 2008 if they didn't get some sort of consideration from MLS. Not sure what that was about, but it did make me think that a few Sounders players may make their way onto the MLS roster.

But, from a talent standpoint, does it make sense? After all, Taylor Graham did nothing here, yet he's one of the bright lights of the USL. If Seattle were to load up on USL players, they might just be struggling worse than Toronto did.

23. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS is making some arrangements for the right of certain players on the current Sounders roster to carry over to the new Seattle team. However, they are looking to relocate the team (under a different name, possibly) to another location in Washington state. No telling if it will really happen yet, but it's a possibility. They could very well sell it, you never know.

24. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATED

RED BULLS CAN SIGN ACADEMY PLAYER

MLS has ruled that NY has satisfied all the requirments to graduate academy players into the first team effective immediatly. The big question is whether the team will bring up any of the three top talents. Walter Hines, Johnny Exantus, and Matt Kasell all have great reviews but will the team bring them up, or will they use the draft to stock the developmental roster with srcubs again? I think the choice is obvious, if we are going to have a youth system we need to use it. Personally the college argument is crap, millions of kids every year find ways to pay for college and that option is available as easily now as it is 10 years from now. You only get one short chance to become a profesional athlete.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/01/three-mls-teams.html

MLS PRIMARY TRANSFER WINDOW SET TO OPEN

January 15th, 2008 marks the opening of the transfer window for any incoming transfers into MLS. Any player under contract that would fall under a trafer by fee arangment can now be signed. Free Agents may sign inside or outside this window at any time.

The window closes April 15, 2008.

[​IMG]

2008 Red Bulls Roster

Senior Roster Players
    16 of 18

• Altidore, Josmer
    • Angel, Juan Pablo
    • Conway, Jon
    • Doe, Francis
    • Freeman, Hunter
    • Goldtwaite, Kevin
    • Kovalenko, Dema
    • Leitch, Chris
    • Magee, Mike
    • Mendes, Carlos
    • Parke, Jeff
    • Reyna, Claudio
    • Richards, Dane
    • Stammler, Seth
    • Van den Berg, Dave
    • Wolyniec, John

Developmental Roster
    7 of 10

• Caccavale, Sal
    • Cepero, Danny
    • Ikangu, Elie
    • Karcz, Chris
    • Laventure, Jerrod
    • Patterson, Randi
    • Ubiparipovic, Sinisa

Internationals
    4 of 8

• Angel, Juan Pablo
    • Doe, Francis
    • Ikangu, Elie
    • Richards, Dane

Designated Players
    2 of 2

• Angel, Juan Pablo
    • Reyna, Claudio

2008 SUPERDRAFT
    Red Bulls Picks

#16- Aquired from Toronto for Wynne
    #32- From LA, conditional pick for taking Quaranata
    #34- 3rd round Pick from LA for Mathis
    #35- Unknown, this was our natural pick given to COL for Freeman, but i hear we have it back, no idea why
    #44- From Toronto for Ibrahim

So we have 1--2nd Round Pick
    3- 3rd round picks
    1- 4th round pick

Might be a good idea to after a gen adidas guy at #16 if any remain, then take some college scrubs in the 3rd round and hope one of them ends up being halfway decent (think Parke).