RC LENS Thread........

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by HADJI, Jan 21, 2007.

1. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ZAIRI to Lens???

Mercato 365 is reporting that Moroccan international Jaouad Zairi considered one of the most talented dribblers in the world, a true genius with the ball, is getting out of his Boavista contract in order to sign with a Ligue 1 club. I can only hope that club is Lens.

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=410629

2. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    First round tie for Lens in UEFA.

The game just ended. Lens 1, FC Kopenhagen 1. Pretty good result considering they were away and came back from a goal down early despite dominating the entire match. We will see what they can do at the Bollaert.

3. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wasn't this the home leg? In any case, I'm reading that Kevin Monnet-Paquet had a decent game, which is good since I think he'll be a star at Lens and he can definitely bring a considerable amount of pace to the attack.

4. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Re: First round tie for Lens in UEFA.

The match was at home, so this is a horrible result considering how Lens struggled away in last seasons UEFA Cup against an OB Odense team that is not quite at the samel level as FC Kopenhagen..

This was also the poorest performance FC Kopenhagen have delivered this season, so Lens really should have secured a much better result, since they must expect that FCK are going to raiser their game several levels in the return leg, playing at home.

5. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: First round tie for Lens in UEFA.

Sorry, my mistake. It was the home game. That changes everything.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lens doesnt really care about Europe now because of their poor domestic form. Had they started off well in league play then they probably would care more about Europe.

7. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Debut of CHARLES ITANDJE at LIVERPOOL

http://lens.theoffside.com/

It was great to see Itandje out there today. I know he will do great in the EPL, should have been there a year ago.

8. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Re: Debut of CHARLES ITANDJE at LIVERPOOL

Well, Hadj, it seems your doom and gloom prediction for this year looks to be coming true. We are in a severe crisis at the moment--a crisis of leadership, I think, which has resulted in a crisis of confidence. Things are getting pretty ugly pretty quickly. Fans calling for Collado's resignation for the second time in just a few weeks, GR getting drunk blaming his poor start on the house and hi-tech kitchen we set him up in, the fact that we're buying back players from our formation who we didn't offer contracts, Gervais cancelling sunshine training in Cannes after the cup exit Friday, it's all bad. I think we have decent players who are much better than the results show this year, but I honestly think the club is struggling with its direction and needs a football man in charge at the top. Collado should go and Gervais should bring in someone who can make quality decision and lead the club.

9. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
  10. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, on the bright side, unlike PSG, it didn't cost you 20+ million to do it as it did when they bought Anelka.

If Belhadj can play as he did at Sedan, that would definitely help a bunch.

11. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Too bad we can't have a tag line for a thread because we now have the perfect one!

Pédophiles, chômeurs, consanguins, bienvenue chez les ch'tis

12. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Time to clean house. Piss off Gervais. Go away JPP. The players who don't give a shit (and there were way too many of them) find a club in League 2 (ooops, too late) or the CFA. This is the beginning of something but I fear it might not be good.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I wonder if JPP is out.

14. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    This collapse started last season when Lens where fighting for a Champions League place. They lost the 2nd leg against Bayern Leverkusen in the uefa cup and never looked the same. It's really sad to see such a well supported club get relegated.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Oh and I'd like to see video of the pitch invasion. Someone please post it.

16. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    The game will be shown on Setanta usa this evening. The pitch invasion was really ugly with the fans trying to get to the players and the coaches. I can't blame the fans because they had quality players on this team, but these guys had no heart.

17. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    The "collapse" has been going on far longer than that because Gervais has mismanaged things for years now. I used to argue differently but it's become clear that no one at this club knows who is in charge and those who try to take charge are blocked (Gillot, Leclercq). Martel thinks he's bigger than the club but only his head is. Welcome to the North, home of pedos, sados and second division football.

18. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    If you read the mailing list or any of the Lens forums this has been coming for weeks now. There were ugly scenes at the Gaillette this week and there has been talks of some ugly plans at the last few home matches but for one reason or another they didn't happen. There will be few players welcome back at the club next season and if wholesale changes don't happen I would not be surprised to see this get uglier.

19. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Really not much to see. All rather contained by security and from what I've been told rather expected.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/RC+Lens/video/x5gttj_lens-2-2-bordeaux-170508-cest-chaud_music

And it though it's not been discussed anywhere here it appears there is a slim hope of RCL getting a reprieve from the descent. Not sure how I really feel about that, though.

http://www.football365.fr/la-une/article_238750_Grenoble-Devant-la-DNCG-le-29-mai.shtml

20. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Last year? No. Great read here. This has been coming for a long, long time. Someone on the mailing list noted today that seven years ago we lost out on the title to Lyon. How things have gone since then:mad:

http://www.nordeclair.fr/journal/NE/2008/05/18/SPORTS/ART331774.phtml

21. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    I feel bad for the fans because they are most passionate supporters in France. The French league will really hurt not having Lens in the top flight. Last year we saw Nantes take the drop, but they where struggling for a few years and narrowly missed the drop a few seasons earlier. Lens just missed out on a Champions league spot last season and I must agree it had alot to do with the leadership on this team.

22. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I told all of you so called Lens fans that this squad would get relegated. After losing all our top players and bringing in the cancerous Guy Roux disaster has struck! The Lensois are gone until who knows when. I recall some of you arrogantly deriding me when I said that the Lensois would be in Ligue 2 at season's end. Where are you so called experts now??? Fighting for the last one hundred and one years in France could not save this bunch! Thanks president Martel and Mr. Collado. You have ruined the most beloved team in all of France!!!!!!!!

23. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    I'm a Benfica fan and I was never really a Lens supporter until I was watching French Football on TV5 and Lens was playing at home against Lyon. The match was being played in the middle of winter and became really impress with the Lens fans who where singing non-stop..The spirit of these fans made me into a real Lens supporter. I really feel bad for the die hard supporters because they deserve better.

24. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn