Watch Week 6 of Soccer USA (UK Version)

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by kinsellagem, Aug 31, 2007.

1. kinsellagem

kinsellagem Member

Apr 27, 2004
    UK
    Evening all

sorrry again for the slight delay. Bloody 3 hour delay at the airport, honestly. "Britain's Favourite Airline" is definately not mine!

The show is a tiny bit shorter this wek, only 33 mins. Im liking the bits where they spot funny stuff happeniing that you would usually miss on a normal highlights show - the bit with Dane Richards celebrating the goal that wasnt is funny.

Here are the 4 parts. I havnt embedded them tonight I think the show is better in full screen via the youtube page. As ever you can get the other week's episodes from my page on youtube

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFUQf2gOKLI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIf7ZhwooqA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcA4hZLLwQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwulWBwRGl8
    (parts 3 and 4 are being rendered so if the links dont work they will be ready on youtube in 10 mins or so - just follow the links from my page)

2. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the highlights. I look forward to them everyweek just like my fellow serb in Russia.......

3. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hartman is looking worse and worse - and these don't even include his RSL "adventure".

4. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this has been said often...but once again, thanks so much for rendering these. They are the highlight of my week.

5. FreddyAduhowdoyoudo

FreddyAduhowdoyoudo New Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Best show, ever.

6. NPS1

NPS1 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    London
    Hello again, hope you've enjoyed the show now it's up. Point taken about broadcasting in the States, it's out of my hands but I guess the more people ask for it, the more chance it has!

Thought you might like to know that a viewer has set up a Facebook group for the show, it's here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4301694068

I guess it's not going to replace the chat here but it is a good way of measuring the interest as we can count friends. As you'll see it's only small at the moment so spread the word, join up and it should grow fairly quickly.

Cheers
    Neil

7. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    Thank you very much again! This is the only show that I watch regularly.

If you are not receiving as much praise as you were intially for your postings it's because many of us have bookmarked the show in our browser (instead of linking from your bigsoccer posting).

Please keep up the good work until the show starts being broadcast in the States (or until you die).

8. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    Neil:

Thanks for posting on this site!

How hard would it be to just replace the show that is currently on the Fox Soccer Channel (in the US) with the one that you are doing? Looks like money saved to me.

Everyone seems to agree that the British show is just better.

9. MickeyMoney

MickeyMoney Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Northeast Ohio

But I don't want to see the bird from the US show lose her job is there anyway I get her in a side box(like for the hearing impaired) jumping on a trampoline while I watch the UK version?

10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That clip of Dean Richards thinking there was a goal had me floored! :p

11. touch line

touch line New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Best MLS show ever... Its just good week in week out.

12. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    Agreed. I can't believe I used to watch MLS Wrap.

13. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    No way.

I like both. If they do anything, it should be to merge them into one much longer show. I wouldn't want to miss any of what they show on either show. (The US version has a lot more video footage than they show on the UK version....and of course the UK version has stuff not on the US version as well.)

I use to watch it and still would if they aired it. It was a good show. (John Harkes has always been one of my favorites too.) I have a lot of episodes on VHS still (to be digitized as soon as I can) and am archiving these current shows as well.

The more MLS coverage and shows the better. Why watch only one?

14. touch line

touch line New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    From one end of the spectrum to the other :)

Both do have one thing in common though; they were both funny. Its just that ones humor is intentional, while the other was unintentional.

Wrap was the Plan 9 from Outter Space of soccer programming.

15. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time I've seen the show

Good Job!

16. touch line

touch line New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    I agree you fat fuk!

17. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    just curious if you were able to capture this show tonight, since they moved it to thursays and shortened it a bit.

18. janner

janner New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    London
    Not a bad show tonight. The half hour format is better imho. No guests :)

Spoilers coming up:

There was a piece on 'Magic Water' and they wanted to know why the crowd were chanting it.

Angel was talking about how much he hates NFL lines on the pitch and how it takes him two days to recover after playing on artificial turf.

19. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, we need more public criticism of FieldTurf to get it removed from the league. Unfortunately, looks like RBNY and RSL are out of luck until their new parks open, but we need to get something done about the pitch situation in Toronto

20. NPS1

NPS1 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    London
    Hey All

Yes, this week's show was aired last night so I guess the links may be up at some point today.

Remember to keep us posted on any stories you've got about your team, or feedback, or anything at all really! Email is soccerusa@five.tv

Happy Friday to you all.
    Neil

21. dbfo

dbfo New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    New Zealand
    Hi Neil

Congrats on the show. Could you or someone connected to the show arrange for online access? Kinsellagem has done a great job and it's been appreciated but if they can't put the show up then no one has access and this week it's not online as yet and the last two weeks were late because Kinsellagem was having a life lol which is fair enough. No offense but I run a website where people are moving to watching the US show because the UK shows availability is uncertain. Thought I'd just ask :) The FSC version is online straight after it airs via mlsnet

Thanks

22. NPS1

NPS1 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    London
    I appreciate your comment but as you all know, our show is being posted unofficially, and therefore we are in the hands of whoever chooses to post it, and when their work pattern allows it. Sorry I can't help further, I hope you all get to see it soon. What website is it by the way, I'd like to read the comments?

23. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My opinion is that the US version is quite inferior to the UK version in the entertainment value category.

24. kinsellagem

kinsellagem Member

Apr 27, 2004
    UK
    Im sorry guys I am having some problems this week.

I hope to get the show up soon but I have some work issues that I have to sort out.

Sorry (I mean it)

Kinsella

25. Cliff Racer

Cliff Racer New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Harrisburg, Pa.