Harassing neg rep; suggestion

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by uclacarlos, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've been receiving harassing neg rep from 2 posters who consistently neg rep me every 3-5 days and have been doing so since January.

I've tried not reciprocating, I've tried calling them out in public, I've tried pointing out that when they do so... it effectively guarantees that I'll get compensatory pos rep from other posters. I've tried pointing out that since their little campaign began, I've added 2 nipples.

Nothing works.

Some of the messages have been yellow card offenses, or at the very least borderline yellow card and they've absolutely warranted infractions. The worst ones are no longer on my "my big soccer" screen.

Should I report the harassment to a mod? One guy has neg'ed me at least 40 times since February, another around 30 since January.

I suggest limiting neg rep (or even pos rep for that matter) to maybe 3x a month. Or maybe "you must spread rep" should be expanded from 10 or 15 to 20 or 30.

But this neg rep crap just clutters up my rep page and it makes it harder to go back to a well-thought out post that I want to reference in future discussions.

2. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Take a screen shot of your rep, PM it to a mod and we will see about taking action.

3. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a certain YA regular who's has taken to neg repping me every couple of days! While the attention is flattering can we just make it harder to neg rep the same person over and over.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Every three to five days? Are you sure you aren't exaggerating?

5. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Six days for me.

6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nope.

I wish I were.

The latest: 05 May 2007 04:22 PM

previous: 30 Apr 2007 05:12 PM

Before that, I think it was 26 or 27th of April, but it's now off my screen b/c his buddy just neg'ed me after taking a full week off.

This is the norm for these guys. Every 3-5 days.

7. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Every three to five days?There must be a reason for that:D

8. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that it clears up the problem, but if you put the offenders on 'ignore' them you won't actually SEE the negative rep anymore, even though it's still there. That might make the problem slightly less annoying if it can't get cleared up. :)

9. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree. I also have the same problem. Some posters also neg-rep me frequently. Well, it's not really a problem for me as I do not really care so much about the rep I receive or do not receive. I believe that a poster's quality does not depend on the amount of reputation received, but I can understand the frustration on someone so devoted to rep to see a red square in the reputation sheet.

Maybe if we get rid of rep altogether? And to reward the good posters and their posts maybe another feature can be installed?

Like from this forum:

[​IMG]

In here, if someone makes a positive contribution, their post can be "thanked" and it will display who thanked them right below that post. No messages, no nothing, just a thanks would do. And how many times that person has been thanked will be displayed in their profile.

I believe an option like this would eliminate any rep problems.

10. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :rolleyes:

That's probably b/c YOU neg rep w/ extreme frequency. There are entire threads dedicated to how much you neg rep and how bogus your "standards" are.

But seriously... every 3-5 days?

Nah.

There would still be ppl -- like yourself -- that would abuse it.

The rep choices are abundantly clear as to what merits a neg rep: being a fan of the US does NOT merit neg rep. Trolling, harassing and flaming posts do.

11. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Maybe we should just merge Customer Service and Rivalries? One of the nice things about rep, is that we don't have to read these kinds of exchanges. Please try not neg repping the other party(ies) and see if they stop neg repping you. If that doesn't work, contact the poster and offer a truce or try hitting them with positive rep. If that still doesn't work, and you are truly being harassed with constant neg rep and you have asked a poster to stop with the barrage, I guess send me a PM.

Thread closed.