Total crap

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by JeremyEritrea, May 2, 2012.

1. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my.bigsocer.com takes me to my account.

How do I see my subscribed threads.

Why the hell did this crap have to happen? So glad I'm not paying you idiots

nsa and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  2. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ugh, one of the reasons I liked bigsoccer was the interface was good and the layout was easy on my eyes

this....this...is crap

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  3. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    change it back, even though I'm unbanned because of this new font, but it sucks.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read the User Guide thread in Customer Service.

5. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But get your telescope out to read it. Hint; the font is too small, and ALERT!!

6. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found my subscribed threads, but it doesn't erase those I read, and go to first unread ends up in the middle of threads I have read to the last page already.

I agree, crap.

7. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense, but that shouldn't be necessary. The previous interface did not require reading a "users guide" to figure out; when I started posting here, it was easy to figure out. It was intuitive and just worked. What was the rationale behind abandoning it for one that *isn't* intuitive and *doesn't* just work? Some upgrade.

Oh, and I don't know whether this is the place to say it: but assuming "likes" = "rep", most people's rep seems to have dropped by over half. I assume that's because so many threads seem to be missing -- the rep for a post is lost if the post is? I've gone looking for a number of threads in which I was participating, and can't find them anymore. Again, some upgrade.

What am I paying for here? Every 18 months, the folks that run this place seem to feel it necessary to fsck with things that weren't broken, and break them in the process.

8. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Absolutely terrible. Not only does BS update yet again when not needed but Huss switches to a crappy, inferior, and annoying wannabe VB. Amazing.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? Did you enlarge the pdf to 100%? It looks normal size to me.
    It is a new model. Once you get used to it, it will become intuitive. Has taken me only an hour to get use to this.

Was wondering this, too. It appears someone can only "like" and not leave a rep message. Also, appears that the point system has been removed.

Oh, BS was not broken, but on it's way. Did you ever come here to Customer Service or Tech problems and read the "service slow" threads? There were several over the past months.

10. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK then, as just one example, how do you multi-quote? Before, I just marked the posts I wanted to quote with "multi-quote", then hit "quote." How much more straightforward could that be?

Yeah, their SQL database was overtaxed. And they used third-party sites for analytics that were themselves slow as molasses. How that requires a change to their *interface* I have no idea.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    service slow was not the fault of VB versioned BS. Nice excuse though.

It's amazing the talking points that get pushed each time BS updates, every single time they think we will go along with them as if we are dumb.

12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't save my logged in status......

13. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is the forum jump history too?

14. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    No, there's a little box picture in the bottom RH corner of the screen - click on it, it brings up forum jump.

15. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    This is like going from a friendly pub, to one of those New Age bars where everything is dim, they play "modern trance", and there's no games on the telly, just "artsy" cgi. And the barkeeps and waitresses are all "neo-european" who are too cool to change the expression on their face. This site went from Miller High Life, to the shit the black guy wants to get the hell away from because they're not living the High Life.

This upgrade truly sucks. Look at what this site used to be: http://web.archive.org/web/20101224011354/https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/vaispy.php

Clear, defined posts. It was livelier, had more personality. Now it's depressing. So f'in drab. I feel like I'm in a girl's Livejournal. Are you gonna add "mood: lonely listening to: Green Day" at the top?

vaispy.php was a great feature that hopefully returns. Plus, the archives were good for those who wanted to relive past matches. Sometimes, reliving them thru this forum is better than watching them again.

LIZZIE and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  16. Appleyard

Appleyard Moderator

Jul 4, 2001
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Just click the quote button on each post you want to respond to.

Easy.

17. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a horrible, wet, rainy, grey-clouded miserable morning here is southern England, but it's still far more bright and cheerful than Bigsoccer's new look.

The difference between quoted parts of a post, and the reply post are also almost indiscernible.

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    everything new takes getting used to. my only comment would be that the separation between posts absolutely needs to be more distinct.

on a more important note, a very important thread in the Olympique Lyonnais subforum called OL Café III [R] has gone missing.

19. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I view the forum on an iPad and much of the winter functionality that I used to have has disappeared . I can no longer access emoticons, fonts, and other appearance functionality in posting. So there is that. Will there be an App? Or must I live with this

20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From what I've heard, mobile options will be vastly improved in a week or two.

21. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    I certainly hope so

22. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how intuitive

I also love that extra click needed to go between forums now

...this is the worst relaunch of a website since majorleaguesoccersoccer.com

23. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Agreed! Bigsoccer went from prime rib to bland cubesteak, it's ********ing awful. Spellcheck no longer works in BS from my toolbar, my posts end up in the middle of threads when i post at the end, you can't jump to the last unread post, the bold and italic buttons stay on, even when you don't want them to, etc, etc. If it's not broken, don't fix it!:mad:

The upgade isn't.

24. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lost one of my best friends last month. And we talked about losing him in a thread that is now gone.

When will all the old threads be restored?

25. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    There's a message at the top of every page that explains where the thread import process is up to.