Timothy Chandler- Injury prone/Call you-Tim Chandler merged

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Real Corona, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ScrappytheSeal4

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sarcasm?

2. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read most of his posts you hope he is really being sarcastic if not... :poop:

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not calling in Lichaj will be

4. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL not really, I really like both of them but if I had to choose I will pick Chandler any day!

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    [​IMG]

6. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    BarcaLover and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  8. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've copied the Kicker article for you guys but I've only slept for 30 minutes since driving back from the Germany game in Gdansk yesterday and am too tired to translate. Someone else pleae.

9. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    my machine translated, human finessed, non-german speaking attempt:

The presence of Timothy Chandler at the first training session on Sunday may seem surprising at first glance. All national team players of FC Nuremberg, were granted a few days longer holiday by coach Dieter Hecking (47). And the the right-winger for the club is part of the permanent staff of the US national team, which in June was still in the middle of World Cup qualifications. The 22-year-old was missing, however, from Juergen Klinsmanns team, which caused (at least in the U.S. media) a few irritations. If Chandler, it was surmised, would not play, then maybe he lacked even a desire to play for the homeland of his father.

All nonsense, as Chandler asserts. "I want to play for the USA, but declined the matches in June, because I needed a break after the long season." This was done after consultation with the trainer. "I have spoken with him, everything is good," Klinsmann confirmed this: "Yes, I am left(?) with Timmy. He should really prefer to go on holiday and then come back to us. "The next appointment will be in August, when the U.S. play in the Aztec Stadium in Mexico City in front of 100,000 spectators. "That was something," Klinsmann as Chandler fi nd(?) in unison. First, however, Chandler has his meteoric rise at the club of the past 18 months to cement. "I belong to the tribe now, trying to develop myself and want to take responsibility."

10. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Just don't abandon our tribe, Tim!

Those are encouriging words, however I really enjoyed the way Germany played yesterday but the coach must do something about right wing defender Gerome Boateng, his performance was just disaster and against a stronger team they might be in deep shit because of him. Tim Chandler would fit right in, nomsaying, nomsaying...

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  11. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm really surprised more players have not turned down invites due to being tired. ( possibly Donovan has done it through illness and injury, but who really knows) We see this more often with our NBA players, but we are so deep in talent that it does not have the same effect. The real concern is if Chandler only wants to play when it's convenient for him and how that could cause dissent with other players.

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Friendlies it happens all the time. It's the games that matter that players usually want to play in.

13. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well one would hope as a proffessional chandler would either latch onto a bigger team and play more then 39 games or crack bigger tourneys with his current. Dempsey played something like 56 and played with the USA. What happens if chandler starts to play Europa or CL? Guy is likely to collapse if he's this worn out

This decline shook some of chandlers biggest defenders confidence. Can you blame those who were already questioning it to escalate the questioning?

14. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather he had skipped the mexico friendly but what can u do. People will continue to question his intl career until he's finally tied

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then it will just get annoying.

16. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait to see Timothy in el Azteca! :D

17. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Let's just hope he's in the next qualifer camp

18. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've heard it all before. Why should I believe him this time?

19. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can say whatever the hell he wants. Since when are we obligated to believe him?

How naive do you have to be to think that he doesn't harbor some back of his mind hope that an uptick in form could see him play for the National Team he wants to play for? This team is otherwise known as "not us."

20. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Don't forget what happened in this fixture on August 10th, 2011; Klinsmann's first match.

Chandler was in Klinsmann's initial 22 man squad released on August 4th, but then withdrew on August 5th due to "working back to full fitness after suffering an injury setback in advance of the start of the Bundesliga season". Strangely, despite his injury concerns he went 90 for Nurnberg on August 6th and August 13th.

We'll see if Chandler skips his 5th US callup and 15th US match in 1.5 years.

21. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares if he secretly wants to play for Germany more than the US as long as we get him in the end? He's better than anyone we have now at RB, especially for depth, and I'm not too proud to cut off my nose to spite my face.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  22. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want Chandler, but if i was Klinsy, i still wouldn't call him up until it's a cap-tying game.

23. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on when "the end" is. If it's not until he's 28 or 29, we miss a huge chunk of his productive career.

In any event, my point was that I think it's naive to take what he's said on the subject at face value.

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't care if he makes the August friendly. I care if he makes the september games

25. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    we have to take him no matter what if he wants to play for us, him and Fabian flying down the flanks would be sick..honestly I think both could be good enough for Germany in a yr or 2, they're pretty thin at fullback, and imo Fabian is already one of the best fullbacks in Bundesliga

Ghost and BimmerBenz95 repped this.