Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zaku_II, thank yuu very much. I had wished to read the manga about Kawasumi since I first read news about it, earlier this year. Well, ok I don't actually read it either, I just look at the drawings as you do... :p
    But having the full manga is unvaluable to me. :thumbsup:

2. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Reg Sameshima: I also hear she is looking into playing in Germany... So is the move to Japan confirmed?

3. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, I've read there is a rumor about that too although I haven't seen any actual newspaper or any reports about it.​
    As for the move to Vegalta, the club (Vegalta) admitted that they sent their staff over to France to negotiate the deals with Sameshima and the club (Montpellier). So it's not a done deal but at least it's underway.​

Virany repped this.
  4. Virany

Virany Member

Nov 6, 2011
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not much to add from me to be honest. It touches the transfer subject at the very last sentence that I've already translated. With Ando's comments: "I'll concentrate on the Olympics first. I'm looking forward to it".​

6. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope so.

My worry is her knee. It's not like she had an operation and recovered. It looks like more complicated. It seems more like she's going to manage it. Often this leads to not being able to play week in week out. If Duisburg doesn't offer a contract for the next season (maybe they changed their mind because her knee?), realistically I'm not sure if any Bundesliga teams would try to get her. If she decides to come back to Japan, the obvious choice would be the Reds but they don't really need her right now with Kira and Arakawa. And I'm not sure if they (and other Japanese teams) are prepared to offer a professional contract for a player who's got a doggy knee who might not be able to play every week. If not a professional contract, any Japanese club would take her right now.

No mention of the Olympics for Sugasawa. There is not a chance with 6 months at least for her injury to heal. She says the target for her comeback is the All Japan Championship cup in December.

Osafune says she's not really thinking about the national team. She's just concentrating on her club right now.

7. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    So Ando has a sort of mild but chronic injury - that's bad for her. I bet though all she really has cared about these last few months has been the Olympics, she is likely taking it extra easy.

More of the INAC v Belle highlights - these are one-sided. On nadeshiko-TV (here is link for new posters, note replays only) I have watched just the 1st half yet, and although INAC had 60% of the possession, the Belle chances to score were just as good and as many. In fact INAC didnt get a CK until the 43rd minute! And as an_turtar write in his blog, 16-year old Nagamachi marked Takase out of the game. The speed of Kawasumi is amazing though, even on the tiny screen. The highlights do make it look as though the 2nd half was a miracle for Belle, I will have to watch the real thing tomorrow.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, I bet I know what the german negotiations are about... ;)
    She surely wants to join her good friend Saki Kumagai in Frankfurt!!! :laugh:
    Don't you all think I am right? ​

9. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This new highlights shows there were many more chances for INAC in the second half than it was shown in the previous highlights. From the stats, there were no shots for Belle in the second half. It must have been absolute onslaught from INAC in the second half.

10. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Welcome! I guess your favorite L. League club is Vegalta then? Or whichever club the Shark plays for, I guess. I can relate to that. ^_^

I assume this is the article, and yes, it says exactly that.
    "Da sie ihren Kontrakt beim FCR nicht gekündigt hat, hat sich ihr Vertrag automatisch verlängert."
    = Since she hasn't terminated her contract, it was automatically extended.

FYP.

By the way, do you want a higher resolution Belle logo for your avatar? I think I have up to 1024x1024, if I find it...

11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Hi, mumf, would you take a look at one scene of Sayama vs Iga game from 21 minute of the second half (actual time, not the video count)?
    Azami (#7) often does that kind of play; she evades the surrounding opponents and delivers the pass at once.
    Is this ordinary or class?

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After watching the new highlights from INAC vs Belle, I have to say that And G was quite accurate in calling this INAC vs Fukumoto. If there was ever a woman-of-the-match in the world, it looks like it was Miho, capturing all of Inac's shots (except a post by Kawasumi and a crossbar by Becky). The state of form of one of our NT GK is quite relieving now; the other one's... well, not so much...

Talking about Kawasumi. It's been said that she's not scoring much lately (both in INAC and NT), but I have to say that I don't beleive she's playing badly at all: she's just quite unlucky with shots lately; it's not that her shots are bad: sunday's post could have easily been a wonderful goal.

13. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

14. Virany

Virany Member

Nov 6, 2011
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    and why that magnificent GK that Miho is didn't play a game in WWC? some of her fans can tell me why? I really don't understand

16. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Yes - and No - according to an_turtar's blog, link here for the new posters. I am suspicious about these stats ever since they claimed Belle had only one 2nd-half shot against Urawa, when in reality they had 3 disallowed goals. But I intend to watch the 2nd half (INAC game) this evening.

UnePomme - I will check also out that Sayama play that you mention.

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Miho played every game in the 2007 WWC and 2008 Olympics, and all the qualifiers, Asian AFC, EAFF, etc around that time. Her only bad game was indeed bad - the 2-4 defeat in the Olympics semi against USA. But around late 2009 or early 2010, suddenly Kaihori became #1 - we did not know why, but she is maybe 4cm-5cm taller.

Actually, no I wouldn't agree. I dont even think they are friends. There is a 5-year age difference.

Well, if you have it handy. You know I have been thinking now about the time I asked you about the amazing goals against Jeff by Arimachi and Matsuoka's control-and-volley (still leading the race for goal-of-the-year in my opinion) ... and how was I know that I was wasting my time, you had switched 180 degrees to Wada's team... wow was I so stupid :geek:

18. Virany

Virany Member

Nov 6, 2011
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #5nadeshikofan - "Online streaming" like the other football matches?

19. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    then if is for height, why don't play Erina Yamane? she is taller than both miho and ayumi

I know why, Ayumi is a little better than Miho, that's all :)

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mumf, I am not making up stuff or joking this time. The Shark and Saki have become really good friends... There are plenty evidences of that, if you only check Aya's or Saki's blog, photos taken together in Japan or Europe, meetings in Germany or in Paris... I guess Aya or Saki have even officially said in some interviews that they are very good friends.

I guess some people on this forum probably heard the same and can confirm that.

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    KAPIJXM, I am not a "Fukumoto's fan" (I said multiple times, instead, that I think Kaihori should remain the starter, although I think that some competition is good and that her place shouldn't be took for "granted"). My comments are not at all out of fan-support: when Miho made mistakes I underlined it also.

I was just noting that, in the last pair of weeks, Fukumoto looked more convincing in her performance in Nadeshiko League than Kaihori: I didn't want to imply anything with that, just noting a fact that I think anyone that saw last matches can agree with.
    You'll notice, in fact, that my observations weren't followed by some "let's exchange Kaihori with Fukumoto"; I was just worried by Kaihori's state of form, while being relieved by good Fukumoto's performance.

22. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes. Or at least replays that are longer than 7 minutes. YouTube is a good source, in particular for womens soccer, but again, those clips are sometimes too short. On the other hand is the nadeshiko community doing a great job getting games uploaded.

23. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    I think the problem of the goalkeeper in the Nadeshikoteam is complex. I see Kaihori slightly taller than Fukumoto and more athletic too, which means she has more reach and is faster, so you can say she has better potential. Fukumoto on the other hand has better technique, and she has better safety, and take fewer risks.

It is a difficult decision, and in the WWC Sasakiopted for Kaihori, considering that the team's playing style is the possession of the ball and defend thoroughly decreasing the amount of options to the rivals and those achieving the goal have the option the goalkeeper's reach. This gamble paid off in the WWC and Kaihori was key when she saved two penalties.

Today things are not as clear as Fukumoto has shown this year a consistency that Kaihori could not match.

24. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Who knows. Why didn't Solo play in 2007? There are always reasons, but to say "the coach chose her, so she's the best" seems naive to me.

You might have forgotten about this in the wake of the 2011 WC final penalty shoot-out and everything, but if it wasn't for Miyama and Sawa, Kaihori's blunder against Australia might well have resulted in Japan not even qualifying for the WC. I'm not overly fond of Kaihori just because I wouldn't like her face or whatever, but because her inconsistency is a) highly dangerous and b) not something that will be fixed in the near future, as should be evident by now. I acknowledge that she has talent and reflexes and occasionally displayes good presence in the box, but it just doesn't make up for these shortcomings. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Well, let's see...
    • INAC have the most Nadeshiko players, including Nahomi "everyone's darling" Kawasumi. They are a money club, but actually play good attacking football.
    • Belle have Miyama. They also had well-designed uniforms once.
    • Iga have the best mascot. Seriously, it's awesome.
    • Niigata have some cute girls.
    • I still have a grudge against Beleza for various Belle reasons, so don't join their fan club, ok?
    • Urawa may be the only club capable of winning the league besides INAC (and Beleza, alas). They also have really cool uniforms.
    • Sayama has a good GK and I feel really bad for them ever since their 2-3 defeat by INAC. Would be great if they got some more love.
    • Takatsuki, well... Hamada?
    • I don't care about JEF at all, all I know is that Mihoko Ishida once was the league's top scorer while playing for this club.
    • Lastly, Fukuoka seems the most likely candidate not to be around next year, with only one point from seven games.
    So... where do your preferences lie?

Sorry, sorry... I actually became kind of a fan of the JFA Academy shortly after the 2010 U-17 WC, but kept quiet because it didn't actually interfere with my Belle fanboyism. We all have to make decisions in life, and when Urawa became Urawada, well...
    By the way, I did say Matsuoka's lob (I think I mislabeled it a chip before which caused you some confusion) was an excellent goal and I too consider it a candidate for goal of the season. Also, while Nao giving the ball away to Beleza for their second goal made me cringe, it also reassured me that she still makes the same good plays she did with the U-17 Nadeshiko at Urawa, just not in the highlights.

Here's your Belle logo (900x900 and 300x300):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That logo is almost as cool as the Urawada logo.

25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    UnePomme - that was goal-of-the-week for sure, and I dont even know now who scored it ! Actually I watched the entire half, and I would recommend it to anyone (4th game in the list, for those who cant read Japanese, and the right side link is the 2nd half). I was very impressed by Azami and the whole team really (#11 who scored the 1st goal is good too).... they are like a team of Sameshima's or Hara's, and she has a bit of Yokayama touch. Its a pity they made such a rocky start to the year, because they are going to give almost everyone problems (yes, and Belle very soon!). I am going to pick them for the summer competition, when the Olypmic and u-20 stars are away.... I think they might get to the last four.