Miles Muller at Schalke?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Aug 3, 2012.

1. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    I am goinng to do something differently. Miles Muller is a decent CB prospect who now plays for Schalke u-19 team. There is a certain site out there that claims he has dual German/American. Nowhere else does his american connection exist. The thing with this site is that there is no middle ground if we are talking about a german born player that no american based person knows about him. His american listing on this site is either a mistake by the site or miles himself, friend, family, or Agent or anyone who knows him persoanlly put it there. He is also the son of former schalke legend andreas muller. Considering this and with the help of other german-based posters this should much easier to clarify if his american connection is legit or a mistake so he can be scratched off any possible american list.

Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Being completely serious here -- wonder if we should have a single thread (or even a sticky) on the topic "Does anybody know if these guys are Yanks?"

There are literally dozens if not hundreds of guys around the world who have American-sounding names, or who appear in databases as American- or part-American, or who were based in the States before moving overseas but were not easily verifiable as "ours."

Enough of these guys turn out not to be American that I am leery of giving them threads -- though I certainly do from time to time... Don't know what the right answer is, maybe even a subforum?

FloridaFC2MLS repped this.
  3. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Last week I was thinking the same thing. A sticky thread should be created with the exact title you gave for these situations.

4. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A sticky would be too much. Just start a thread with a "?". If there is nothing to it they quickly leave the first page thanks to the turnover on YA.

5. Soccer888

Soccer888 Red Card

Mar 28, 2011
  6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

We do that already... for whats it worth......

7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    On Miles -- it seems he's the son of Andreas Mueller, a former Schalke player and manager. That doesn't mean he can't have an American mother (or, I suppose, that his dad might have American blood) but I haven't been able to find confirmation on the web.

Personally, I'm glad there is not a thread in the main forum for every guy who lives in Germany and has an Anglo-sounding name, or every guy who was born in Mexico, lived in the States for a few years and then signed for a club south of the border.

We could easy start more than 100 "What about this guy?" threads tomorrow. That would seem like clutter to me. On the other hand, more effectively crowdsourcing the research might turn up some interesting results. I'd support a sticky or subforum.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  8. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I second a sticky thread or subforum. A lot easier to put the potential YA's into one thread/list rather than have a bunch of threads that may end up being closed.

9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can have more than 3 stickys now apparently...

10. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone find out anything definitive about his national status?

11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Not that there was much urgency here, but I was poking around a bit today and figure this thread can probably be closed unless someone has really good information about Mrs. Mueller having a claim to U.S. citizenship, which I haven't been able to find. Miles, meanwhile, seems to be with Floridsdorfer in Austria, or at least he was recently.

http://fac.at/der-fac-verliert-im-cup-mit-02