MD9: Udinese - Roma (October 27th, 2013) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    After we lost the Coppa Italia final, Lazio fans 'buried' our club. And then something happend that nobody could have foreseen. Rudi Garcia showed up and brought us back to life. We defeated Lazio and are having the best start ever in the history of Roma. The first thing that comes to my mind is the resurrection of Lazarus in John chapter 11. Rudi is our savior.

[​IMG]

1. Roma 24
    2. Napoli 19
    3. Juventus 19
    4. Hellas Verona 16
    5. Inter 15

Goals scored: 22
    Goals conceded: 1
    Average possession: 56%
    Passing accuracy: 85.9%

We play against Udinese next week. They were horrible yesterday against Milan. They couldn't do anything against their poor defense. We shouldn't underestimate them though because Udinese are very strong in their own stadium. However, I'm very confident that we will beat them. Let's hope Totti and Gervinho aren't badly injured.

If someone told me last summer that Roma would be 1st after 8 games with 24 points, 5 points above Juventus and Napoli, I would have sent him to a psychiatric hospital. All of us have been through a hell during the last two dissapointing seasons. No one deserves these results more than us. We have every right to be optimistic and dream of achieving great things. We have a great group of players who are willing to fight for eachother, that's why we don't concede so many goals. Nothing is impossible when heart and mind are put towards it, and hopefully our players realise that. I however do not want to say the S-word that shall not be named. Not yet. We have to stay humble.

Before the match versus Inter everyone said that ''Roma hadn't been tested yet'' because they only played against small clubs. (Everyone suddenly forgot how we always drop points against small clubs) Now we have beaten Inter and Napoli and now they have new excuses, saying the players are temporarily in good form and sooner or later Roma will fall apart and will be mediocre again. Let's prove them wrong again.

[​IMG]

It's been a great week for Pjanic. First he qualified for the World Cup with Bosnia and then he scored 2 goals against Napoli. I hope he signs a new contract soon and I think he will. I can't imagine Miralem wanting to leave now since Roma are doing well. He's growing under Rudi Garcia and is starting to show his potential. We all knew from the first day he arrived that Miralem was very talented, but the coaches we hired couldn't bring the best out of him.

2. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    andreas the wizard! gr8 post. totti likely to miss the game due to injury but nothing official yet.

Andreas and ASRomaUSA repped this.
  3. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Great thread Andreas. I agree with what you have said. Nobody deserves this more than us. When the owners came out with the new season ticket campaign, they entitled it with the slogan "Nessuno ha piu fame di noi." . That name was subject of irony and jokes by many, especially after the Lamela sale. "Hungry for money." - nearly everyone was saying.

As it turns out, we were all wrong. VERY wrong. This team is hungrier than anyone else in Serie A and has played with unmatched confidence, character and dedication to the cause. I am so very proud of this Roma. I always believed in Pallotta, even if the last mercato was questionable, with all the sales and changes. People complained. "Yankee, go home." Those same people are now silent.

We have finally witnessed the true beginning of this new era, and I hope it can stay this way for much longer. Udinese are much better at home, but they don't look impressive either way. I'm confident now, but in a week's time I will be shaking in anxiety. Rooting for us, to continue the march.

Nothing quite makes you feel the same way like this team does when they are winning. Forza Roma.

Prepare for the battle.

Andreas and ASRomaUSA repped this.
  4. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Totti is going to be out for a few games who do we play in his place? I figure we have 3 options, either move Florenzi to the midfield and put Pjanic in the false 9 role with Ljajic and Gervinho on the wings. Keep things the same except put Ljajic in Totti's spot or go with a regular 4-3-3 with Borriello up top. I kind of wouldn't mind seeing Pjanic in the false 9 however I think the best option may be to just put Borriello in.

5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd do an interchangeable front three of Gervinho-Ljajic-Florenzi for Udinese. Then start Borriello against Chievo so he can hopefully get his first goal.

I'm not sure if Pjanic has the hold up play to be a slot in for Totti.

6. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I don't want Pjanic to play as false 9, let him stay where he is and build confidence in his current role. It's best not to mess him around.

Let Borriello start. I think it would be good for the team chemistry for him to play, as all of the boys are dying for him to score.

wm72 repped this.
  7. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Nice post Andreas btw :thumbsup: keep up the great work

Andreas repped this.
  8. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    --------------Morgan
    Maicon-Benatia-Castan-Balza
    -Strootman-De Rossi-Pjanic
    Adem Ljajic-Borriello-Florenzi

Florenzi and Ljajic could swap positions.

9. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah I agree that Llajic should play. His attacking inside forward play and fluidity will be key to unlock the Udinese defence with the absence of Totti. Especially if Borriello plays as prima punta.

10. BadReD

BadReD New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    why not try either Burdiso, Romagnoli or even Jedvaj with Benatia, he knows well Di Natale and Udinse players so he can advice well team mates, and next match switch Benatia and Castan... I worry if both Benatia and Castan have 4th yellow card in same match, so the next match will be with completely new defense.

It's risky to keep playing Benatia and Castan together since they both have 3 yellow cards, one of them should always be in the field until they are done with this 4th card i think.
    The same thing about Di Rossi, i hope Bradely is fit; Benatia,Castan and De Rossi are the key of our Wall with De Sanctis of course, true all teh etam fight together but the 11+3 gladiators but i still think we can't deal easy without more than one of the three (Ben-Cas-DDR).

well! wizard rudi know better and it seems he have plan for any situation!! without Totti and Gervinho we won!! so i keep faith and cross fingers.

Forza Roma

wm72 repped this.
  11. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Udinese away is not the time to make experiments. Same line-up as against Napoli without the injured players. Simple.

12. BadReD

BadReD New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hmm maybe you are right,Udinese isn't so easy away, so maybe it's better to experiment against Chievo - Sassuolo - Cagliari next three matchs at home i think with Torino and Atalanta away.
    anyway let's go for another win or in worse case, a draw with another clean sheet.
    still can't believe, 8/8 - 22/1 that's simply incredible but true!!

13. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I even need to say it anymore but I will. 3-0 Roma, easy. BANK IT!!!

14. Gianluca511

Gianluca511 Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This. Roma is the biggest priority in life, they have taught me that passion and heart gets you everything you want. That is why I love this team, this city, this lifestyle. I don't want big time players and big time money. I want actual fans that play for the shirt, for the colors, with the hearts and with passion. My life is at a peak right now just because of the amazing start to this season. I had to ask my Dad, who is a big calcio fan and knows I am a diehard Roma fan, if they is all true. Forza Roma, sempre!

ASRomaUSA repped this.
  15. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    - Udinese are still undefeated at home since god knows when. Their last Serie A home loss was over a year ago (September 2nd, 2012 against Juve). This won't be a walk in the park, far from it.

- Any attempt to tinker with our midfield trio that worked so well so far is simply insane. We finally found the perfect rule for Pjanic and we want to experiment with him again? I hope not.

- Same with the defence. Suspensions are after 5th yellows, so we have a nice cushion there. Big NO to any tinkering of any sort there.

- Borriello should play in Totti's place, while hoping he puts a performance similar to that against Napoli. I'd like to believe Ljajic can replace Totti as false 9 but he showed against Napoli he still lacks many things, chemistry with his teammates is the obvious thing.

16. BadReD

BadReD New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Udinese had great defense last years, that's so true, they even been best defense 2 years ago but i think they are missing little the big Ben this season, right? lol
    we will win with the gladiators we have, too many "captains" in the field, DDR, Benatia, Strootman,Maicon, De Sanctis.......... all are beasts.

- I thought in Italy suspensions are after first 4 yellows cards! then next 4, next 4,next 3,next 2 then each yellow card.
    5 yellow cards is in EPL

17. BadReD

BadReD New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ahhhh germany and spain are about 5 yellow too but italy is only 4 as i remember!!

need to confirm by someone else, is there an italian referee here? hehehe

18. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think you're right, I stand corrected. It is after the 4th yellow. Castan and Mehdi should be careful.

Still I won't rest either in Udinese. It is the hardest game we have in the next month or so.

19. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I actually think Benatia and Castan should do their suspensions during the 3 easy matches after Udinese. Best would be for one of them to get booked vs Udinese, and the other vs Chievo.

20. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Is suspension mandatory if some1 gets 4 yellow card in a season?iS there any way to neutralize it? Like getting 3 YC in 10 Matches then no card for next few matches ,will it neutralize then and avoid suspension?

21. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
  22. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Totti is officially out for 10-30 days. Hamstring injury.

23. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hope Totti is back in time for the Fiorentina game early December - I got tickets!

ASRomaUSA repped this.
  24. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i hope so too!

otherwise, my plane ride in your luggage will be for nothing!

Capitano_10 repped this.
  25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Judging by Garcia's substitutions, it will be Borriello who takes up centravanti