Gadaffi falls?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Naughtius Maximus, Aug 21, 2011.

1. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Why not both?

2. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    whats there to be confused about? let me guess...You are so used to generalizing people that is unheard of for there to be a person that is in favor of the gold standard and is not a Ron Paul supporter

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    The status quo is pretty good. Seriously, the world has never been more prosperous and peaceful than it is now. How is that a bad thing? Besides which, all systems are inherently somewhat corrupt, and I think ours doesn't do so badly. I've experienced truly corrupt political and economic systems, and I'll take this one any day.
    Meanwhile, you didn't actually respond to any of my points. It's not enough to say "you support the status quo", that's not an argument. The status quo is pretty good. If you want to replace it with something, convince me that something is better. The gold standard days of the US economy featured consistent panics, consistent bank runs and bank failures (which shouldn't happen under the gold standard according to you) and relied on private individuals to rescue the economy in times of crisis (see the crisis of 1907).
    Furthermore, purchasing things by gold being illegal is irrelevant. Gold is a commodity - you can index your contracts to the value of gold all you want. As for the "seizure of gold" - how many prosecutions were there under that executive order? It was a very round number!

4. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You say you are in favor of the gold standard and then brought up two examples of 'atrocities against the people' while we were under the gold standard...

5. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    The status quo is good
    Approximately 10% unemployment (going by official numbers which are flawed)
    Approximately 46% unemployment for people aged between 18-34 (going by official numbers which are flawed)
    National Debt at its highest point in the history of the country- 15trillion dollars which is 4trillion more than the entire EU
    Illegal wars of attrition as well as covert wars on Iran,Iraq,Afghanistan,Pakistan,Somalia,Yemen,Syria,Libya
    GDP output decreasing yearly while national debt increases
    Average credit card debt per household $16,000
    College tuition rising yearly globally, in the US college debt is around 1 Trillion dollars
    US officials caught selling American Military grade weapons to Mexican drug cartels

Yea things are looking good alright, keep supporting your puppet politicians and living in denial, things are not OK they are not going to get better at least not until we realize we are being played and we begin to hold these corrupt evil men accountable.

6. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    the "atrocities" you are speaking off were carried out by the government against the people in an attempt (successful) to control the trade of gold and turn the market in their favor.

7. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yup, things are looking pretty good. The vast majority of Americans are safe, employed and nearly 100% have enough food to eat. This despite the worst economic experience in 80 years. Shortly health care will be expanded to nearly all adults in the US.
    What's your alternative? The gold standard that contributed so much to the Great Depression?

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if we return to the gold standard, unless we destroy all government these atrocities can still continue...

9. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    The vast majority of Americans are safe? I am not sure if you are now doing this to antagonize me or if you really are in la la land.
    How are we safe when the government has passed laws that permit them to null and void the constitution? NDAA (prison with no trial) EEA (Strip US Citizens of their citizenship) Fast and Furious (Attorney General under Obama's supervision providing m4's, m16's etc. to Zetas gang) and in case you dont know CRIME STATISTICS AND HOMELESSNESS ARE ON THE RISE NATIONWIDE.
    I just gave you the un-employment numbers so for you to say majority of Americans are employed is just sheer ignorance.
    Obamacare? What a joke, since when is it ok for a "democratic and free" government to force it citizens to buy a product. I sure hope your next post has some more substance to it.

10. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    does that sound logical to you?o_O

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    So you're saying the majority of Americans are unemployed?

12. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    im saying there are more unemployed people than you are making them out to be, and more than what we are being told. Take in to account that job growth is less than the jobs being lost. Here's one for you, if you go 4 weeks or more you are no calculated on to the unemployment statistic.
    The status quo is NOT good America is in decline whether you want to believe me or not, unless you are part of the bourgeoisie that is... in that case I can see why you support a banker puppet like Obama

13. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but I don't believe anything you have stated above. SOunds like you made this all up. Can you prove otherwise?

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    So we agree the vast majority of people are employed? As I said, that's the case.
    As for America being in decline - it has been in decline for centuries if you believe what's been written every year. The truth is, the US is a decade away from budget surpluses and fantastic economic performance. Times have gotten tougher - they'll get better. I believe in America, after all. It's OK if you don't, but there's nothing preventing you from moving to a place that's not in decline. China awaits you eagerly!

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And factual.

GiuseppeSignori and Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  16. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    I get it... to you if there was 51% of the population employed while 49% were unemployed the majority would still be employed and in that case the status quo would be "good" as long as you are part of the employed bracket. It seems that you, small heath, and the loser from chicago are not even using your minds anymore. So are you guys debating me to show your viewpoint or to simply show your ignorance?

17. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP

18. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah insults. The truest way to know when the other guy has lost the argument and has nothing more to say. I love how you can't back up anything you say here.

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    First, you don't understand what the word "majority" means. Second, you don't understand what the word "vast" means. Third, you haven't suggested how to fix any of the problems. But other than that, yeah - burn it all down man! Down with the bourgeoisie!

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  20. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    my view on majority differs from yours that doesnt mean i dont understand it.
    vast- V A S T; Nicephoras posts show he has a vast amount of ignorance, and i never said to burn anything down...and since you asked for it. End all illegal wars and occupations (would bring back 87% of federal tax dollars back home) stop the export of american jobs abroad, return to the gold standard, end NAFTA, reinstate glass steagall, balance tax difference between rich and poor, re-invest in education and american companies. If you see any terms you dont understand just ask, except for Mr. Conspiracy i plain just dont like him.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    ROFLMFAO more than 50% is more than 50%. That's what majority means.

The 87% number is ludicrous, the export of American jobs abroad means protectionism, the gold standard would cripple our fiscal options, repealing NAFTA would hurt us, Glass Steagall is pointless by now, "re-invest in American companies" isn't a government function.

So, basically, you're a 1920s style protectionist goldbug. Yes, the last time we tried that it all went swimmingly!

22. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    ok.

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I'm glad we agree your policy prescriptions are what resulted in the great depression :)

24. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    not that, i've run out of patience trying to explain to you. Keep supporting the "good" status quo.

25. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then can you explain to me why the gold standard is a good thing even though the government has a history of stealing gold from its citizenry.