CD Chivas....

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by firefan2001, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they not paying or don't have any money to spend? They didn't put up the down size traps and the LED board were off last night.

Something has to happen with this team. Either they have to be moved/relocated or just flat out FOLD them.

2. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah! finally a new and unique topic to discuss!

3. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they seriously didn't think Bocanegra was going to draw a significant difference.

4. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If CD Guadalajara sent de Nigris to CUSA I could see a slight attendance bump happening. Marco Fabian and Miguel Ponce (USA citizen as well) would also be smart summer loans I would think, but what do I know.

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps CD Chivas USA finally got tired of constantly having to release those who got caught in those down size traps. ;)

-G

6. Mstars96

Mstars96 Member

Jul 13, 2003
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me that topic will never get old, chivas must go.

7. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The tarp situation, both supporter groups are on the south side. One on the South East corner flag and the other behind the goal. The one in corner flag was approached and given the option to move behind the goal where they usually put the tarps. Didn't happen on the spot but it might be a possibility in the future.

8. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as the LED board, it was on all game. Don't know what you're talking about. About the money to spend situation, owner has money but is spending nothing. I guess the owner is starting to give a crap though. Acquiring Bocanegra and Torres (as well as sending us one of our youth academy products back after kidnapping him and becoming captain of the u20 guad team) is showing that maybe there's a glimmer of hope that he could possibly start giving a crap. That answers all your questions. Can we close this and move on now?

Shopping Cart Man repped this.
  9. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the highlights they are not on, they have stand a loan boards in front of the LED boards.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2013-07-17-CHV-v-TOR/highlights

10. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, that's what you meant. I'm assuming they don't have enough sponsors for the LED boards to be scrolling through them and such? Who cares, they're ads, ignore them.

11. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saying, it's not putting up the tarps, not using the LED boards when they are already on the field (just have to plug them in). What's next having everybody (not that there are them many anyways) seat on one of the stadium. Trust me I know about a owner that doesn't want to spend money on his team, we have one of those.

12. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
  13. trevor_daniles

Aug 19, 2007
    Believe it or not, LED boards cost money in the electric bill. Reminds me of this bar i used to go to. They would close early despite there being 10 people. I'd ask the owner why and he said its cheaper that they close than stay open because of the electric bill. Thinking that is the same case here.

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States