Zlatan makes himself impossible

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 19, 2004.

1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    After kicking Van der Vaart he elbowed Van Bronkhorst and subsquently went after Heitinga and Davids. Both Hofland and Davids gave him a good talking to but that seemed to fire the 'lovely' Zlatan up even more in the Sweden-Holland friendly last night. He behaved like a complete and utter madman, and I really can't understand why especially considering that he did it to his Ajax team mates. Who, according to today's newspapers in Holland, were very upset with him indeed. Van der Vaart in particular, he commented that Zlatan had 'lost the plot'.

What on earth is going on with Zlatan? Is he forcing himself out at Ajax? He's bound to get a good talking to by Koeman today in any case.

2. RedWhiteKnight

RedWhiteKnight New Member

Jul 31, 2004
    I suppose you would prefer that he scored a couple of goals against Sweden instead..... :confused:

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So elbowing opponents and kicking your team mates in a friendly is completely acceptable in your view.

4. RedWhiteKnight

Jul 31, 2004
    Everone does it...sometimes you´re a victim and sometimes the predator. But to simply cry out about it is just unworthy.

5. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    If 'working himself out of Ajax' seems to be the goal I think we should help him vocally and physically. **********ing idiot.

BTW neither the foul on VDV or Heitinga were an accident.

6. RedWhiteKnight

Jul 31, 2004
    So Ajax is the center of the world then? How roman of you. :rolleyes:

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'd be well ticked off if I was an Ajax fan. Again what on earth possessed him?

Apparently he left Nigel de Jong alone because that's 'a mate' of his, according to Van der Vaart.

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    We've become aware of the fact that you have different standards than most people on that other thread RedWhiteKnight. Now please take your wind-ups somewhere else.

9. RedWhiteKnight

Jul 31, 2004
    Bergkamp was the king of elbowing but I never could hear any dutch supporter make any noise about it while he scored goals for you.

Btw, please make a point or simply just keep your prejudice about my person to yourself.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Did Bergkamp ever do an injury to an Arsenal team-mate in a Holland v England friendly? You don't know what you're talking about, you're probably just here out of boredom anyway. Isn't there some Serbian MB you can go to?

11. RedWhiteKnight

Jul 31, 2004
    I have plenty of alternatives on the net John. So would you have if you could comunicate with people in different languages.

Yes, Bergamp did injuries to other players in more important games than friendlies. Also he did it in more mature age than Zlatan is in at present time. For God´s sake quit crying it doesn´t suit you. Or am I just kidding myself here?

12. Herou

Herou New Member

May 23, 2004
    Sweden
    He definately didnt injure Heitinga on purpose. I didnt see the van der Vaart incident, so I dont know about that.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Did Bergkamp ever injure an Arsenal team mate in a Holland v England friendly is the question. Please stop generalising and come up with a detailed reply based on facts.

I speak five languages btw, so don't patronise me.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'll take Van der Vaart's word for it - he's not happy with Zlatan at all.

15. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    zlatan was definitely being a primetime grade A ass out there last night... which is, well... kinda what he does sometimes - i'm not so sure he's trying to force an AJAX exit as i think he is just a surly person by nature

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He looked like someone with a hidden agenda. Are you sure he doesn't want to leave Ajax?

Anyway Voetbal International says Van der Vaart might be out for two weeks with an ankle injury. What he (Rafael) objects to the most is that Zlatan didn't even apologise to him apparently.

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

oh i'm not sure by any means, and the thought immediately occured to me after he threw heitinga to the pitch... but as i said, it's highly possible that zlatan is just a bit of a rude boy

18. RedWhiteKnight

Jul 31, 2004

Who is the patronising part here, John? You told me to get lost to serbian MB. Remember You told me to take my "wind-ups" somewhere else? Who the hell do you think you are? I speak 5 languages as well and coach junior football the last 10 years. The whole point of my replies is that you are patronising whenever you open your trap. If someone doesn´t share your point of view or knows something that you even don´t even bother to find out then you acuse them of being patronising, racist or simular (you will recognise your own shortcomings better). Btw, I was at the game last night...

19. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    VDV and Zlatan had a fight a couple of years ago, during the winter stop. Koeman put them together in one hotel room and since then their relation is better, but it looks like they are still not big friends if you saw the the Holland-Sweden match!

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Whatever.

21. RedWhiteKnight

Jul 31, 2004
    One "whatever" among plenty of others in different expression and form doesn´t do it.

Thank you for a lovely conversation, John & good luck with your future complain-agenda.

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

are you related to galvatron? i freely beg to differ with JN... but you seem to be in outer space with your ideas, denying things that are not even a matter of opinion

23. Shichinin

Shichinin New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Sweden
    I missed the beginning of the first half (it's only a friendly so who cares, right?), including the first goal, but I watched the clips posted in the other thread. Just before Jonson scores to 1-0, Zlatan is battling a couple of Dutch players to do what he does best, hold on to the ball in close situations. He reaches for the ball with his right leg to rein it in, while his left leg stays put. In doing so, he loses his balance with his left leg and falls down on his knee. Simultaneously, to regain balance he stretches his right leg which is covering the ball from an incoming Dutch leg. But because he stretches it, his foot hits the Dutch player and injures him. It was an unfortunate accident.

The elbow on van Bronckhorst was bad and probably avoidable, and there's no reason for Zlatan to try so hard at the Dutch player. I don't think he meant to hit with the elbow that high and if you watch the clip, his arm is indeed close into his body for the actual hit, indicating he didn't mean to harm. It was still serious though and should justly have been a yellow card.

The thing with Heitinga was nothing. Heitinga slips on a banana peel, drags Zlatan down with him and Zlatan falls on him. Generally, there were several similar sequences when Dutch players very overtly held on to Swedish players to prevent them from exploiting mistakes.

I don't think you can fairly expect Zlatan to take it easy on Holland just because he belongs to Ajax. That would be unprofessional. On the other hand he clearly was overly hot last night (which was unprofessional in another way) and perhaps he gets like that because of the opponents. He wasn't a "madman" though and Van der Vaart's comments after the match are exceedingly silly.

Even before the match I had a bad feeling about Sweden playing Holland exactly because of the possibility of stupid things like this. Anyway, in general I feel like I watched a pretty poor display. The play and the chances were about equal, but Sweden should've gotten a penalty when one of the Dutch players handballs completely openly in the second half. :)

24. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes it is.

BTW, stop trolling.

25. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002