Zlatan Ibrahimovic: We can win World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by SectionX, Jun 2, 2005.

1. gscott12

gscott12 New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    I think sweden is in with a big chance. Henrik will be back and sweet to go- he has come back from worse injuries than this.. anyone remember his horrific shinbone snap? Sweden has a great balance between defense and attack- i predict they'll go far

2. portuguesefan

portuguesefan New Member

May 6, 2005
    Leiria, Portugal
    Well, I guess that's almost impossible, but they can be on the final 8 teams, but that's it, they don't have still the experience and techniche. I think that is going to be Argentina to win the WC or maybe France, Brazil , Check Republic, Portugal, Spain or England. We will see, in about 10 years I think that Sweden can win a WC but not now.

3. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I have that video at home. Looks horrific. A guy who can survive that, can survive anything.

I don't fancy Sweden too much. They are not too filled up with talents. They have a few brilliant players, but that's not enough for a big result.

4. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California
    Swedens main problem is the depth of the squad. The starting 11 are a great team, capable of beating any team on a good day. But - If there are suspensions or injuries of key players we could be in big trouble.

5. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sweden does lack depth but to say that they are a great team is an overstatement. Aside from Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Allback, Ljungberg and Lucic, there aren't many other players who are considered as vital to the Swedish team.

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sweden does lack depth but to say that they are a great team is an overstatement. Aside from Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Allback, Ljungberg and Lucic, there aren't many other players who are considered as vital to the Swedish team.

7. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California
    I'd add Mellberg, Edman, and Isaksson as well - Great players irreplacable at this point.

8. socaroo202

socaroo202 New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    London
    Well the one quality he doesn't lack is optimism I am afraid however that he is also delusional, and that is his quality that seems to come in abundance.

:rolleyes:

9. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    My opinion is that those players have their limits. They are good, but not world class good. And if they are irreplacable then Sweden isn't that impressive at all.

10. ddw31089

ddw31089 New Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    His point was that on their day, Sweden can beat anyone in the world. But after their starting 11 the depth is thin. It was not to say that Mellberg and Isaakson are world class players.

And besides, judging by their results in the last few major tournaments I think nearly every country in the world would disagree with your statement.

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They're not irreplacable compared to the players I've mentioned.

12. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California
    A team does not need world-class players at every position to win the cup. Football/Soccer is still a team sport.

No, they mey not be the on the same level, but even that strengthens the point I was trying to make about the relative thin-ness of the squad, does it not?

13. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    We beat Sweden in Sweden two times in the last couple of years. All I can tell you is that I watched those matches closely and wasn't impressed at all.

It's true Sweden did well on clast couple of tournaments. But are you aware that they won only two matches (Nigeria and Bulgaria)?

14. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Look at your own team and then look at our team. :) I was disappointed by Croatia, last time we met you played some ugly, boring :yawns: football.

15. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    The topic isn't "Compare your team to Sweden", it is only about he,he Sweden winning the World cup.

And it appears that this boring style doesn't suit you. We'll make sure we play the same in October. I just hope it won't be fireworks in front of our keeper like in Goteborg. :rolleyes:

16. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Ibrahimovic and Larsson up top. It could happen