Zlatan Ibrahimovic likley to miss rest of World Cup

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by SectionX, Jun 15, 2006.

1. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Swedish paper says Ibrahimovic is likley to miss rest of world cup because of a nagging groin injury :(

2. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Re: Zlatan Ibrahimvic likley to miss rest of World Cup

Allbäck ain't exactly crap. Good pace and plays well together with Larsson. It's Larsson who is my main worry.

3. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden

Allbäck missed 2 clear chances, and should had scored. imo he is not good enough for World Cup.

4. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden

Zlatan's scoring form hasn't exactly been golden either. Allbäck atleast is in the right spot at ther right time and HOPEFULLY he can start hitting the net.

Elmander look good in the right wing, a much more physical presence then Wilhelmsson who can't hit a proper cross for his life.

+ You never know. It's to early to truely know the extent of Zlatans injury this early. I'm enjoying the victory and I'll start worrying tommorow.

5. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California

I hope its not too bad... Because Allbäck is missing chances left and right! :mad: (today and against T&T).

I'd like to see Larsson paired with Elmander or Rosenberg vs. England.

6. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Allbäck did good, he had bad luck with the referee. Give allbäck a break. He'll score goals for us.

7. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  8. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry... didn't realize it that he was playing in the first place. ;)

9. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    He did look sluggish today, not pressuring PAR defenders when they were on the ball, nor running after the midfielders when they were just few feet away from him...I thought he was just a lazy superstar;)
    Hope he gets better for England

10. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    Considering the way he's been playing for the past two games, with the exception of a few flashes of his former self, he could do with some rest.

11. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California
    He said in an interview that he started feeling some pain during the warm-up.

It would certainly explain why he was standing still so much, and failed to get any decent shot off when he was free with the keeper. (Zlatan even in his current poor form should have buried that in the net)

12. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    Zlatans injury can actually be a blessing in disguise.
    The poor form he has showed for Juventus all season has evolved to even worse for the national team at the moment. Yet there is no way Lagerbäck who already has frosty relations to the Swedish media would have the guts to bench the team’s biggest star and having to face a potential outrage from the media and the public.
    Zlatans injury makes way for Marcus Allbäck who at the moment looks like the best striker in the team (Henrik Larsson has been almost as invisible as Zlatan so far). Allbäck has missed a lot but he did a brilliant set up for Ljungbergs goal and at least he get in position to miss chances, with less playing time he alone has had more then twice as many scoring opportunities as Ibrahimovic and Larsson combined so far.
    It should be noted that I am not saying Allbäck is a better player then Zlatan because he surely is not, but right now is he a better alternative to partner Larsson then an injured/out of form Ibrahimovic.

13. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    why are people saying allbäck is better than zlatan? Right now Allbäck hasn't scored a single goal despite many many chances.

14. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    who is to replace Ibrahimovic ?

Henrik Larsson 91 caps, 35 goals
    Marcus Allbäck 58 caps, 23 goals
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic 40 caps, 18 goals
    Johan Elmander, 19 caps, 7 goals
    Markus Rosenberg 8 caps, 3 goals

My vote goes to Allbäck.... He may have missed some opportunities, but unlike Larsson, then Allbäck seem to be in the right place at the right time to get the opportunity to score the goals needed... He simply look like the most dangerous of the Swedish forwards at the moment...and then his goal ratio for Sweden is really not bad at all...

Johan Elmander is more of an attacking midfielder than a striker, but he did look good the minutes he got to play, also providing the cross to Allbäck's assist. as for Rosenberg then he is simply not experienced enough at this level, in my opinion..

15. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    But at least he puts himself in scoring positions and does not give up trying despite his misses. If Allbäck keeps on going like he does at the moment the goals will come.
    Zlatan and Larsson on the other hand does not even get to scoring opportunities. Larsson at least works hard and creates room for other players but Zlatan has contributed very little in the games he has played so far.
    It is not a question who is a better player because everyone knows that Zlatan is a class above Allbäck but form beats class and Zlatan is not even close to his best at the moment.
    Sweden is not Brazil who can carry a passenger for the opening games and hope he finds his form.

It should be noted that a lot of Allbäcks caps has been games where he has come on as a sub (and a lot of those substitions has been very late ones).
    If one would look to goals/minutes played Allbäcks statistics would look a lot better.

16. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    My choice was Allbäck to begin with if Zlatan could not play. Ceres, No question Henke is one reason why we control the game. He win everything in the air. Something Zlatan and Allbäck(to some extent) can't do. He creates very much. And it will get better as times goes by. Larssons Freekicks are really dangerous. He gets them on goal every time now and i don't think anyone else could do them better on our team.

Markus Rosenberg is not going to play one minute, he doesnt bring anything that we dont already have.

Allbäck is a clear favorite. He has experience and work very well with Larsson. He is powerful infront of goal and thats what we need. Im truly pissed that the referee called for offside when he was free. He would have left the game as the hero.

17. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Allbäck would be our best goal scorer if measured by goals per minutes by far.

18. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    How about Elmander ?... (19 caps, 7 goals) also a rather good goals per minutes ratio I'm sure ...

19. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    He runs more and work harder than Zlatan but he also misses open goal equally as much.

20. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Doctor said it was just a minor injury. Will probably miss England match but should be able to play in the next round if Sweden qualify.

21. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    source? The swe papers just said he will miss england game, how is that a minor injury?

22. k_nico

k_nico New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    I am very dissapointed of the Swedish participation! Since DK didn't qualify I had really hoped to see some good football by Sweden! Lagerbäck should be thrown out and they should get a man that can control this team... they've been playing the worst football at WC in comparison to other teams at this level.
    I thought the bad results over the last year by Sweden was just bad luck. This is waste of Zlatan and Henke

23. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Bad result? What are you talking about???????????????We've qualified for 4 straight competitions and also qualified from the group 3 times in a row. Also we got compliments from both T&T and Paraguy saying we played better than England. If you look how strong Germany is you would not call us dissapointing....no other team could have beaten Germany..not even Argentina......

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Agree with you completely. Sweden is much much better than England. I think that you guys should've won Group B. Had that happened England would've been sent packing by Germany and you would still be in the tournament today.:cool:

25. k_nico

k_nico New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    I am not judging Sweden! I'm just saying that the results are very dissappointing. A T&T draw, a small win over Paraguay and a tie with England at their worst? And you can't say Sweden has been playing well.
    Germany played very very well against Sweden and the 2-0 result lies, but still- Argentina was a better team than Germany but the Germans were a bit more lucky.
    The main reason I'm saying this is just that Sweden usually gets good results at WC.

And when I'm saying that you've had bad results over the last year I don't mean at the last WCs. I mean this:

Sweden - Chile 1:1

Sweden - Finland 0:0

Sweden - Ireland 0:3

Sweden - Jordan 0:0

Sweden - Saudi A. 1:1

Sweden - Korea 2:2