Zlatan Ibrahimovic. A future star?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    What do you guys think of Zlatan?

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    he's not already a star? zlatan's got all the goods if he keeps his ego in check

who voted al fluff? i'd love to hear the reasoning

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This kid is good but nothing spectacular, he wouldn't be as effective in the Big 3 leagues. So he's not Top 20, but he's better than average.

4. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    He is the number one striker on one of the top teams in Europe...he has been a consistent scorer in Holland and in the Champions League. If he is not already a top 20 striker, I have no reason to doubt that he will one day be up there.

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Actually,

the "Dutch" striker that I'd really like to see move abroad and get more attention is Kezman. Utterly phenomenal scoring record, yet I haven't heard the usual cacophony of rejected bids for him. I think he could do very well for a team in a bigger league. He could prove me wrong, of course, but I'd like to see him given that chance!

I haven't really seen enough of Zlatan to accurately gauge his talent/potential. Does have a cool first name though. Its not Zoltan, but its close.

6. ilya123

ilya123 New Member

Aug 21, 2002
  7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  8. ilya123

ilya123 New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    hhmm strange, worked a couple of days ago

well if anybody wants the file just contact me

9. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Arrogant a.s.s.h.o.l.e but. the boy can play! sums it up pretty good for me. Hopefully he'll grow up and get more of a Henrik Larsson-like attitude to life and to the game, then he'll be really great.

10. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Dear Juve, Milan, ManU, all others,

Now listen - Zlatan sucks. He not worth one penny.
    Leave him alone at Ajax. Let him play out his career here in Amsterdam. Go buy Kezman instead! [​IMG]

Yours,
    Ajax supporter

11. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    He's great. I've never heard anything about him having a bad attitude, but I don't really follow Dutch soccer thoroughly.

Didn't Mido stab him with scissors once?

12. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    This is my summation of cleaning detergent striker, Zlatan.

Big fish in a small pond.

He's got flair, charisma, creativity, good positioning instincts, but not lethal enough even in a relatively modest league like the Eredevisie. He's underrated for sure but I don't think his talents would register smoothly with bigger leagues

He won't make any impact in the big leagues if he were to transfer to one. He'd be a flop.

13. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

he's got kind of a smart mouth, but i can relate to that :D - litmanen likes to tell him to shut up

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont see him ever winning a scoring title in a league, but thats not to say i dont think he will be one of the best in the world eventually. you can be a great striker without only scoring, he is an all around good player.