Zlatan: "Arsenal will pay in Amsterdam"

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by AFCA, Feb 25, 2003.

1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In an interview with the English newspaper 'The News Of The World" Ajax's Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has talked about how he felt insulted at being offered a trial at Arsenal and has vowed to make Arsenal pay for it this Tuesday. When Arsene Wenger invited Ibrahimovic to Arsenal for a trial the lethal striker told him 'I don't do trials. You know who I am." Although Ibrahimovic was not able to impress during Ajax's 1-1 draw at Highbury last Tuesday, the striker has still something up his sleeve to show Arsenal this Wednesday during the return. "You can expect a lot from me in Amsterdam. I'd like to show them what they missed."

Van der Vaart isn't fit in time for the game. JOB was on the bench last sunday in Utrecht. So who knows?

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im happy to see he is up for it and hope the rest of the team will be. (better not come out like juventus did today)

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    man i hope so! id love to see Z get us on the board early - seriously tho, i am so nervous/excited for this match i cant sleep - i have great belief in the boys, but i just wish it was starting now - ill feel better when they kick off - ok i need to go register at arsenal's site so i can hear the radio call - GO AJAX!!!

4. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm quite positive. But I think that if we lose (which is ofcourse very possible) we might get a good kicking.

Hope not though.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i am positive, because i think that even i f we lose well still go through (i predict that AJAX and arsenal will each win their final 2 matches)

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    nothing really to add. i agree with bluedaddy though, i think we definately win our last two matches. i see another 1-1 tie today.

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    2 1/2 hours and i cant sit still!

8. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Reasonable result. Terrible in offense IMO. Should have grabbed 3 points today.

We need a win in two weeks against Valencia... that won't be easy.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    if we win and arsenal wins next matchday , thats it - a very reasonable outcome - personally i think valencia waved goodbye yesterday

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'd like both Valencia and Ajax to make it out of this group, also because Valencia is Spanish, but mostly because I can't stand Arsenal. :D

It can still happen.

11. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    Ajax only need this to advance:

Ajax – Valencia == draw
    Arsenal – Roma== Arsenal

Roma – Ajax == lose
    Valencia – Arsenal== Arsenal

Arsenal must win against Roma and Valencia
    Ajax loses with 1 goal difference and at least scored 2 goals in Rome.

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i wouldnt hold your breath oscar my friend - in any event, soccertv.com says that the AJAX/valencia contest will be the espn2 telecast on march 11th

13. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm very sceptical about our chances. A more experienced side would have won at Valencia and would have won against Arsenal at home.

Of course a victory against Valencia is possible... but a draw seems more likely to me.

14. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Damn, if only AJAX/Arsenal was in the QF, or operating on next year's rules. That would have meant Ajax would have won on away goals! :eek:

15. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    Yeah but the good news is they still have :)
    Unlike in any other competition, ranking in the champions league groups is first based on points and secondly on arragation.
    Thus when Ajax and Arsenal (and Valencia after a 0-0 draw In A'dam) have at the end of the run the same amount of points Ajax advances.