Zipcar

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Matt in the Hat, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else a "Zipster". I just joined the service after hearng great things from a buddy of mine. Does anyone have horror stories or know of another similar service?

http://www.zipcar.com/index

2. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, I Googled "Zipcar forum" and this thread came up on the first page.

I was in Zipcar in 2002-03 when I lived in Hoboken, and probably will be joining up again when I move to NYC in March. Other than the cars having the "Zipcar" logo on the side, I love it, especially that gas & insurance are included in the rates. Unless you use your car for daily commuting, in the NYC metro area it's much cheaper than driving.

I am concerned about how clean people keep the cars now that it's become more popular.

3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never had a problem with cleanliness

4. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the DC metro area we have Zip and Flexcar. I don't drive at all (haven't since '91) so can't comment on either's services but both keep adding cars so seem to be very popular.

K

5. Cabster22

Cabster22 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Washington, DC
    I've never used it but my university had a zipcar. In that respect, it seems like a great idea being able to give students (who likely dont have a car on campus) the opportunity to "rent" one if they needed. I'm not surprised that they are doing well, but their prices looked a little high.