Zinedine Zidane [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by patati, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neldot70

neldot70 New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Spain
    Be worried!

I'm going to find you in RL and pinch your nipple till you say "I'm sorry".:D

2. SugarKane

SugarKane New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Scotland
    Is there any truth in the rumour that Materazzi called Zidane a terrorist?
    I'm told (by admitedly unreliable sources) that lip-readers are saying this is what drove Zidane over the edge. Recall that Zidane is of Algerian extraction ...

Long thread, maybe mentioned already?

3. guyarthur

guyarthur New Member

May 24, 2006
    Germany
    If that's true could someone please post a link to the site where this info can be found?

4. guyarthur

guyarthur New Member

May 24, 2006
    Germany
  5. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    Is this the pic?
    [​IMG]

6. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    Yeah and Zidane called Materazzi "Tax evader"!!!

7. CLEATS

CLEATS New Member

May 2, 2005

You can't kill someone with words but you can with actions.

8. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    AHAHAHAHAH... Houston? AHAHAHAH enlist ang go kill some poor iraqi.
    What is running your country? The oil power which kill millions of people.

9. SugarKane

SugarKane New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Scotland
  10. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    If it's true it is the silliest offence I've ever heard in a football pitch...
    And if Zidane did what he did after this, well he is the dumbest player EVER.
    I'll laugh for a week or maybe even two if that's true...

11. SugarKane

SugarKane New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Scotland
    If I was Zidane I would have followed through after being called that ... by the look on his face it seems as if he wanted to.

12. CLEATS

CLEATS New Member

May 2, 2005
    Even the RED BULLS deserve better.

13. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  14. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    He has not courage. He already shown it many times. He got 5 straight red cards only in seire A for violent play and misconduct.
    But again... "TERRORISTA", ahahahahah.... please someone stop me from laughing.

15. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Zidane ???

Actually, I'm 3rd generation American via German/French decent. But I've been fortunate to spend and live in other areas of the world. "LEARNING ABOUT OTHER CULTURES". My job today, is dealing with these multi cultures as well. And yes, I do support France in football, after the USA.

The point I'm making is, the world is full of different cultures. Some thing's are not acceptable at all. No matter what the issues are. Sport or not.

Many cultures take personal verbal jousting as disrespecting ones Family, Country, and Religion.

I'm not saying what ZZ did was right or acceptable, as an American. But when looking through the eye's of other cultures, if something personal was said, than his actions will be accepted as defending his Family, Country, and Religion. "IF" it is determined Matz. said something along those lines.

France has disapproved of ZZ actions and are calling for his head on a platter!
    Go to L'Equipe.fr and read what they said. If you can't read French, use a translation site. It's highly interesting to read about what they said. Definitely not defending him.

Again, I'm not defending his actions, just looking at things from a different view, which most people, namely Americans, do not do.

Let's not forget the other guy in this incident. What about Matz.? Don't the rules state if a player provokes an incident on the field, they too will be carded? If the the 4th official did see the incident as he says he did, than Matz. should have at least been given a Yellow, if not a Red. Has the saying go, "Words speak louder than actions". In this case, I think both showed unsportmanship.

16. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    Re: Zidane ???

Hey american with french descent do you think that Zidane was not speaking? Both were speaking one of them became violent.

17. Wasted

Wasted New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Louisville
    Zinedine has been one of my favorite players for years. And this ridiculous move on Soccer's biggest stage, just makes him even more awesome in my eyes.

I kind of wished he would have just punched him though. I mean who throws a headbutt to the chest? Weeeird.

18. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    You're funny.

19. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For hypothetics sake, let's say if what was said to Zidane was racist or an ethnic slur, Zidane could have done other things to make a statement i.e. stall the game, like what was done in La Liga or Serie A, or just kept playing. Like a saying goes, if you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything, and Zidane stood up for whatever he thought was right. Only words from him will solve this burning issue.

20. asflagg

asflagg Member

Sep 6, 2003

The name of our country is not America it is the United States. America is the continent, North America to be precise. Its kind of ironic you are calling someone else ignorant even though you are displaying quite a bit of ignorance yourself.

Do you have a link to some statistics that Americans are more racist than Europeans because my expirience has been the opposite. In my country we do not make monkey noises and throw bananas at black players. Even in this tournament I saw fans from Spain and Italy giving the facsist solute.

In point of fact the reason why so many people in the world have a problem with the U.S. is our support of Israel. After arguing with many Europeans on this topic I can never fail to detect an underlining tinge of antisemitism. I guess old habits are hard to break. Maybe Europeans have an "inferiority complex" because of the Jews great history and artistic resourses.

Where are you from, btw? I'm guessing England by your name. Well our President may be a moron but we have yet to reach the magnitude and malevolence of Queen Victoria's empire. You might want to think about that.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it's the United States of America

And yet you conveniently forgot to add American after the Unites States...

You speak of ignorance, but do you know how certain countries salute their flag?

22. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some posts on this and other thread like the one above really make me question the morals of some people on this site... whether your Italian, French or neither, if you are just a fan of the sport or at least an honest and moral individual, there's no way this action can be justified. Sorry, there's no convincing me otherwise.

What a f**king disgrace. Get him off the field, I'm glad hes not playing anymore.

23. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

24. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With your "tactfull" foreign policy you might just end up being wiped off the map by some crazy man who is right now testing a few missiles already

25. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    Well, precisely if you are a fan of the sport, you shouldn't be glad he's not playing anymore.