Zidane to play for France in Dublin?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by eirebhoy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. eirebhoy

eirebhoy New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Dublin
    http://www.lequipetv.fr/Football/20050331_193035_01.html
    translated:
    He says it will not be done but I think he is saying that because he doesn't want to make out that he has the right to just walk back into the team. I feel if Domemech wants him back he'll play, although under a lot of pressure.

2. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    A case of buyers' remorse, I think. I'm sure any great/good player, when he retires, always casts his eyes longingly at his successors, figuring he could do better or at least as well. Mind you, France are so crap now, I think Platini would be a good addition. Zidane would definitely add a bite to the French attack, but my guess is that when France roll out in Lansdowne Road next autumn, he'll be in the stands. I'd prefer it that way, but having said that, a win over France with Zidane is more emphatic than a win without. Mind you, the way things are going in this group maybe that should read a draw with France with Zidane is more emphatic than a draw without.

3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Who cares, he is one player. We'll be at home, possibly Croke Park, and we can win there.

4. eirebhoy

eirebhoy New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Dublin
    France would be top of our group by a big margin if Zidane was playing for them.

Domemech:
    "I would welcome him and I would select him with great happiness. I would just like to know that this is a reality."
    "The door is wide open,"
    "Zizou is still one of the best players in the world and if he says he is eligible, I will call him with great joy."

5. eirebhoy

eirebhoy New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Dublin
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com...=11&title=Zidane+return+a+hoax&channel=France

:D

6. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
  7. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Man, that's funny.

8. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    No Father Ted.......What's funny is that your odds on becoming the next Pope have been slashed from 200-1 to 250-1 at Paddy Powers...........Is that white smoke I see coming out of your ears ? :)

9. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I dunno, I would think Father Dougal would get better odds :p