Zidane to America?

Discussion in 'France' started by eubh223, Feb 9, 2007.

1. eubh223

eubh223 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    I have seen it on a few sites now, the rumor is starting to gain momentum. http://www.themlszone.blogspot.com

I think it would be great to see Zidane this fall. I have season tickets for the Los Angeles Galaxy this year and would love to see Zidane vs. Beckham!

2. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    It would be an enormous surprise, considering how much he's spoken about settling down in Spain either long term or permanently. Are these american sites that you are reading these rumors on? Zidane to Marseille! Whohoo!

Personally, he is my hero, fav player, blahblah, but if he goes to new york or los angeles to play, then I would lose a little respect for him. This, of course, said with no disrepect intended towards the MLS.

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's a rumor dated 1 month ago ! Fake of course.

4. NYC10

NYC10 New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Northeast USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Sports has linked him with the Red Bulls... He was seen at the Knicks game two nights ago (he said he was there to watch the Knicks, kind of doubtful considering how they are playing). If he signs with New York it will be awesome.

5. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    VERY doubtful because Zidane will play a friendly futsal match on 25th March
    with Dugarry, Laurent Blanc and Papin.

6. from the plaines

from the plaines New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Plaines

He was in New York to work with Adidas on something. One of the players on the Fire is a good freind with his brother. Zidane's brother said that he spoke to Zidane about playing in America. And Zidane said he would not be coming to America to play. But than again Beckham said a few months ago he wanted to finish his playing days in Madrid so you never know.

7. Iplayedforchelsea

Iplayedforchelsea New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Athens, GA USA
    I know a dude that goes to www.bigsoccer.com alot, and he says that Zizzou isdefinitely coming here..................

8. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    It's just the yanks blowing a lot of water for nothing
    It's good to dream, but this reminds me of those stalkers who believe some movie star loves them.

But, I just thought about it... how about we start a rumour that he will go to the Nevada Smiths bar this sunday to watch the Bordeaux-OM game with the famous OM nyc supporters club?
    I will bet dozens would show up believing it :D

9. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    I can't believe people actually think that this will happen.

10. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    Zidane should join Marseille if he ever decides to come out of retirement.

11. Akhenaton

Akhenaton Red Card

Feb 10, 2007
    Marseille/Melbourne
    I second that :p! Very unlikely to happen though.

Now, Zizou to America? Now you can't be serious.;)

12. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Welcome to BigSoccer.

13. Akhenaton

Akhenaton Red Card

Feb 10, 2007
    Marseille/Melbourne
    Thank you :)

14. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Platini and Zico to drop retirement to play at Red Bull for 200 millon each!!! Great news!!

15. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    as long as it ain't Tin Delgado.:D

16. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    that jerk never showed up!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

17. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    was he really supposed to show up...? good publicity for the om club :)

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    meet the great zizou and win an ericsson portable phone!:p

19. from the plaines

from the plaines New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Plaines
  20. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    when does Ronaldo take the field for the Red Bulls? i cant wait to take advantage of my new season tickets.

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that's a crisp one... :p

22. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
  23. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Zidane retired, and he retired after a very tough World Cup loss.What makes you so confident that Zidane will come out of retirement to play football again and for MLS, of all leagues?!

24. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    It makes a lot of sense. Remember he retired from the French team once before, then chose to come back and play again so this isn't unheard of. 2nd, it's gotta irk him that his last play ever was getting red carded. 3rd, he apparently wants to stay away from the Euro press and paparazzi.Fourth, his friendship with Beckham will convince him that MLS isn't a joke, and finally, god knows AEG will be able to pay him as much as any Euro team could.

Of course, if he wanted to, he could still play for anyone, just don't say that there aren't very good reasons why it won't be MLS. When you have all the options, there are lots of good reasons everywhere. He could play in England and say he always dreamed of doing that. He could play in France and say he always wanted to retire at his original clubs of either cannes or bordeaux. He could go back to italy or spain and say he missed life there etc. He has lots of good reasons everywhere, but he also has lots of good reasons to come to MLS.