Zidane or Henry?

Discussion in 'France' started by ZZ10, Nov 29, 2003.

1. ZZ10

ZZ10 New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    PARIS
    so 2 out of the 3 players shortlisted for the FIFA player of the year award are French. Who would you pick between TH and ZZ. Personnaly I would go without an hesitation for Thierry Henry who has really been the best (most consistent, most efficient, most spectacular) player for the last 12 months.
    Give the award to Titi and give him the Ballon d'or as well. Thanks.

2. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.
    Agreed.
    TH has just been brilliant for the past year, he
    deserves it.

3. Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou New Member

May 24, 2002
    Metro Fan in Boston
    Also, what's Ronaldo done in the past year to warrant consideration? (I'm asking this seriously because I can't think of anything but I know he must have some statistics that stand out.)
    I hope its not based on reputation.

Has Ruud's lack of production this fall overwhelmed his output from last spring?

Zidane's inclusion always makes sense and he shouldn't be judged by goals scored because that's not his job.

Titi wins for me.
    Zizou second.

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Ronaldo was outstanding in last year's CL, especially the Old Trafford game against man u. So i think he inclusion is right.

Henry just pips it from zidane for me. The guy's just a joy to watch, no doubt about it, he IS the best player in the world right now

5. Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou New Member

May 24, 2002
    Metro Fan in Boston
    So Zizou took it from Titi with Ronaldo taking 3rd.

Kind of surprising the distance between Zizou and Henry and Ronaldo. 264 to 186 to 176.

6. ZZ10

ZZ10 New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    PARIS
    Yes - I am glad for Zizou but in all fairness Thierry deserved it much more on his achievements over the last 12 months. Also let us not forget that from a player perspective the one and only award that really matters in the ballon d'or.

7. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Frankly i'm tired of players outside of Europe getting ignored for this award. I love Zizou though (but not Henry).

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah EPL or Bundelsiga players never get this award it always goes to a Serie A or La Liga guy.