Zhou Haibin

Discussion in 'China' started by ruazn2, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/g/2009-09-10/10374580395.shtml

In case you can't read the article, basically says Zhou Haibin was very out of form for the friendly against Senegal. In fact, his ability probably dropped due to the lack of first team playing time at PSV.

I knew from the minute that he signed for PSV that it was a mistake! I mean seriously, did he really think he was going to get any playing time there? Have they not learned anything from Dong Fangzhuo? The best thing to do is go for a second tier team or a team in an inferior division, at least that way they can get some playing time. I mean Zhou Haibin is probably going to be another Dong Fangzhuo! No wonder Chinese soccer is going no where, even when they get the chance to play abroad, they consistently get worse!!! They are no where near Japanese or Korean players playing in Europe!

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Yes, I think he did. Just like I think Zheng Zhi legitimately thinks he'll play at Celtic. Both PSV and Celtic have already tried Chinese players, so unlike some clubs, these clubs should have no illusions that signing a Chinese player will even sell 1 extra shirt or make them marketable in China. Isn't PSV a "second tier team"? If a Chinese player can't make it in Holland's top flight, he has no business leaving China.

Comparisons to Dong are unjust, Dong wasn't signed based on footballing talent, plus, (though I hate saying it) he was signed by one of the world's top clubs.

3. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zhou Haibin is pretty much unproven, I don't know what he was thinking that he will be able to play first team football at PSV. I mean at least Zheng Zhi had a few good seasons at Charlton, so we know he can do something! As for Mr Dong, he was doing fine in Belgium. It's when he went back to Man Utd that he started to suck. If he had stayed in Belgium, I think he would be in much better shape now. And no, I don't think PSV is second tier team in Europe. Sure its second tier compared to the bigger teams like RM, Barca, Man Utd, etc but its still a very competitive team. I think Chinese players needs to prove themselves somewhere even lower, like what Zheng Zhi did or what Shao Jiayi is doing, except they need to do that in their early 20s not like late 20s. Unless Zhou go somewhere else quick, he probably won't even make the next few NT.