Zenit - AC Milan [R] 10/3/12 - CL Group C (Game 2/6)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    damn! i missed the game. i just assumed it would be at 2:45 like always, forgot russian games are played earlier. can't complain though, milan got THREE POINTS!!!

2. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That game was a gift. Zenit probably deserved to win if we're being fair. Hulk is a ********ing beast, I wish we had a striker with his ability.

That brings me to my next point: granted we're not a world class team, our midfield is average and our defense is mediocre by European standards - but if we had a real budding star to play with SES, we could at least pretend that our forward line is top class. I'm not talking about a Bojan or a Robinho, I'm talking about a player you can bounce one-two passes off of while having the ability to strike fear with a viscous counter attack.

That type of player I'm thinking of could really make a world of difference by keeping our opponents on their toes so they're more afraid to come forward.

Right now its obvious no one fears this Milan team and you can see it in practically every game. We're losing our pedigree and respect and the exposure is setting in.

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Maybe if Robinho and Pato recover and Pato atually does something, we might get some of our zest back, but for now, with all the Ibra mouthing off talks, and our inability to win, every team will look at us as just another mid-table Italian team

4. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mid table is a bit of an exaggeration, but if we're being totally honest - when you match up our roster against Napoli and Roma etc. I'd say we're dead even which is pretty poor seeing as how we still have the highest payroll.

5. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    True, except we need to climb out of the lower half mid-table first ;)

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    hulk is ok, he certainly isnt a £40 million beast though, i didnt see anything out of the ordinary from him in this game

7. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    HUge 3pts! I was expecting a draw to be lucky as history has shown that Zenit is TOUGH at home. First half we came out brilliant. SES is on fire. Everyone else played well too, but Abbiati came up huge and was MOTM. The goal to Hulk before half was disappointing as was the set piece goal to tie it up, but we fought back and got the OG game winner. Pazzini's pressure and our attack was nice to see us trying for 3pts rather than slow, possession, relaxing game. I know we aren't winning CL but putting together a nice victory will help boost morale. A win vs Inter this weekend can help the team on the right track. I liked the offensive formation and hope we continue with it. Hopefully when Pato comes back he can be our deadly striker alongside SES. I would love a SES/Pato/Robinho trident and Pazzini as supersub. Enjoy this win Milanistas. We deserve it!

Rossonero23 repped this.
  8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sounds like you're talking about Cassano.

9. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Im thinking more along the lines of Balotelli. Id trade all of our forwards except SES for Balotelli. Give me SES/Balotelli for the next 5years and Id buy a new Milan jersey every year. He'll Id join whatever club they want and give them my money!

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think Strootman and Balotelli are going to be at Milan in a few years, and for some reason Alonso too.

11. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Id gladly take Alonso or Khedira on loans. Sure, youth players built for future are nice like Strootman BUT adding guys like Alonso who are WC but on last legs provide good transitions. Look how mVB did. Balotelli is all but ready to come to Milan. I really thought an Ibra-Balotelli swap was in store for summer...

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  12. sheva07

sheva07 Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    http://sulia.com/source/S-7200611/f/da937074-d2d4-48ea-9a2b-862abe3a6a7b/

Van Boss [​IMG] True Milanista [​IMG]
    Should have gotten him back then in 2001 not that Overrate POS Pirlo [​IMG]
    With Van Boss we would have won 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007 and would have equalized Madrid's 5 UCL in a Row Record [​IMG]

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think Madrid is going to have to downsize in a year or two to meet FFP requirements. With Khedira the younger of the two, I see Alonso leaving. He'd be a perfect fit at Milan :)

gcstorm9 repped this.
  14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Group C (Game 2/6)
    RECAP -> Zenit 2 - AC Milan 3
    Goals:​
    0-1 Emanuelson @ 13"​
    0-2 El Shaarawy @ 16" (Assist Boateng)​
    1-2 Hulk @ 45"​
    2-2 Shirokov @ 49"​
    2-3 Hubocan @ 75" (o.g)​