Zambrano the whiner

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by due time, Aug 3, 2002.

1. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/us/news/2002/08/01/us_glance/

"We need a strong player somewhere, and the mechanisms of this league do not make it available to us," he told the New York Times, referring to the control of all player signings by the league office.

What's this guy smoking? By my count, this year he has only 9 players from last years roster and only 6 that played in the playoffs. Somehow the 'league mechansms' allowed him to bring in 13 new players since last year. And now he's blaming the league because he didn't pick the right 13? Or even pick 5 out of 13 that can help his team?

I'm sorry Frank Yallop did a lot more within the same 'league mechanisms' between 2000 and 2001 than Zambrano can ever dream of. And you didn't hear Frank once complain about the league structure.

Also, he has the same league mechanisms that EVERY other coach has to work within. He only has to outwit 9 other coaches working the same rules (more or less), not the whole world!

2. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    It's easier to make excuses instead of owning up to the fact that bad decisions were made and are still being made.

3. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Zambrano is the worst coach in the league, hands down. I am thoroughly perplexed by his coaching decision. He needs to shut his mouth and right his own sinking ship before he tries to right SEM.

4. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    Any coach that forgets to put his marquee player on the roster and then tries to insert him into the lineup, needs to seriously rethink how he is running the team.

Also, continuosly throwing out Joe Addo and Diop(thank God he is gone) does not help the D. Also, Mr Petke has got to start playing like the Mike Petke of 2000 and 2001. Steve Jolley needs some help from you man!

5. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let us not forget the Metros phenomenal #7 draft pick. Well done OZ!

6. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    ... did someone mention D.J. Countess ?

7. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    What's new?

He probably will be scouting the Real Madrid-Roma game. I am sure he will have a few players in mind that he will like to purchase! :D

8. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

Naw, that's our old GM Charlie Stillitano you're thinking of that did stuff like that. OZ is just your average, run of the mill idiot. :D

JMac

9. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    :D

My memory is not what it used to be!

10. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Well, I can see I really stirred up a hornet's nest of controversy on this one! I thought SOMEBODY would defend him. Doesn't Zambrano have kids using the internet?

Oh, well. A quick thread death on BS.

11. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Only if they're in the late 30s or early 40s

12. DouginSJ

DouginSJ New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    San Jose, CA USA
    Metros fans are a little more realistic. Now, if this thread had been about Fernando Clavijo, you'd have tons of Revs sycophants defending him to his death.

13. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Uh, Doug...

Clavijo got fired about two months ago.

Besides the whole crappy Revs season is just a Kraft conspiracy...