Zak Whitbread

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by teskicks, Aug 6, 2015.

1. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 teskicks, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    29 games since the end of 2012. Guy has been injury plagued thru most of his career. Playing on the wonderful turf here is a recipe for disaster. That said this does show the Revs are "trying" so I will give them credit there

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this in the other thread, but it says that they are "past the 'hello' stage but not yet at the 'make an offer' stage." If the Revs are serious, they need to move quickly on this. Oh, if he's a free agent they can wait until just before they think someone else will invite him into camp.

Not saying they should sign this guy or not (injury history worries me), but you have to look at any CD signing now not as someone who will be the final piece of the puzzle, but as JoGo's replacement for next year. TBH, I dunno if this is the right guy for that role. The German guy who will prolly sign with Hertha or Bolton seemed like a better fit.

4. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Worked with Davies, might work with Whitbread. However I agree that this would be a "post-Jogo" signing, not a "help us win the MLS Cup in 2015" signing.

RevsLiverpool repped this.