Zak W To Go On Loan For Certain

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jägermeister, Nov 20, 2005.

1. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=252352

We pretty much knew it, but all involved say it here.

Good move. I have seen Zak play about a half dozen times, and I don't see him playing P'ship ball at this stage of his career. Small sample of matches, but enough IMO to see he isn't special right now. Needs time on the pitch and experience.

Get an everyday job son. Best of luck to you.

2. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Agreed, good news as long as he doesn't go anywhere below the ColaShip. That article stating the interest that D1 team had in him is terrible move, hope thats not his only option.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    What teams in the Championship could use some help in the back? I dunno their lineups or their depth charts, but based solely on goals-allowed, these teams might have an interest in Zak.

Luton (currently 7th) – 27 goals in 19 games
    Stoke (currently 8th) – 26 goals in 19 games
    QPR (currently 13th) – 26 goals in 19 games
    Ipswich (currently 14th) – 28 goals in 19 games
    Crewe (currently 19th) – 34 goals in 19 games
    Derby (currently 20th) – 31 goals in 19 games
    Coventry (currently 21st) – 29 goals in 19 games
    Brighton (currently 23rd) – 28 goals in 19 games
    Millwall (currently 24th) – 32 goals in 19 games

Obviously, I’d prefer to see Zak go to a team closer to the top of this list than the bottom, but if he gets regular playing time I can live with him going to a bad team for this season.

4. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    I think regular playing time is the only thing that should matter to him right now. The only thing.

5. UChicagoSoccer

UChicagoSoccer New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Well, I hear Benny's team is in need of defending... HSV II. :rolleyes:

6. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    I don't get you? Comparing a kid just signed to one who has been in the system for several years, whose team was short of defenders for a while, and was still passed over for the most part.

DId I miss something?

7. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    I don't think he's comparing them..just saying Zak may have a spot on Hamburg II, that's all...

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Anyone think Zak could land a spot where he can play on an EPL team with a floundering defense like Sunderland, Plymouth or Villa? Or should Zak only be looking at the Colaship?

9. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    I think Plymouth will be overjoyed to take Zak, if that means they get to play in the Premiership....

10. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Personally I think it's great that Whitbread gets out of Liverpool. The current manager seems as though he won't be satisfied with anything less than a roster full of Spanish/fringe Spanish internationals.

However, as Liverpool continues to obtain mediocre results, his time will be limited and IMO he can only live off the Champions League miracle for so long.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Doh! Suffice to say, I meant Portsmouth. Get those two confused a lot.

12. UChicagoSoccer

UChicagoSoccer New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Yes, you missed something. You stated that regular playing time was the only thing that mattered. The team matters quite a bit as well... because playing for Benny's HSV II (in the 3rd division I believe) is the same thing as playing for the reserves. Thus, Zak playing in the third division of England might not be the best thing for him. The team one plays for should play a role in determining whether or not he should be loaned out.

13. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    OK, I assumed at least Colaship level, but I never wrote it.

Dubious smile noted.

Clear more must be.

14. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    I don't think Luton would be a bad move. Did'nt they lose that 18 year old to West Brom?

And I don't think Milwall based off the Carling Cup incidents last year.