Zack Shiposh at FSV Erlangen-Bruck

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by prowazekii, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Not bad for an almost-20-year-old. Looks like he's moved up a level with this club, from sixth to fifth.

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Since Braunschweig got promoted he would have played at this level either way (though since he studies at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg now, his new club is slightly closer to home :p).

Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  4. Lampard08

Lampard08 New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Nürnberg
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Difficult to say. The highest level I played at in the US was with the FC Delco U-18 Academy squad and the SUM Cup Philly Union U-17 team. I've talked to quite a few Germans who have studied/played in the US that say they can compare the USL to the 5th/6th leagues here (one that I talked to played for the Long Island Rough Riders awhile back). The problem with his comparison though is that he played for them years ago and since then, there's probably been development in terms of level of play.

All in all, I'm just seeing where this road will take me. If I could make a living off of this it'd be a fantastic achievement but like I said in that article posted above, I'm a bit more realistic about it. I'm still chasing the dream but I realize that "Plan B" will eventually have to come into effect sooner or later.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good luck.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  6. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Hey, I totally missed you posted here. So, I must ask you then - do you own a Landon Donovan jersey? If so, we actually ran past each other on occasion ;). If not this must have been the other US soccer fan in the Östliche Ringgebiet (not sure how many there are :p).

8. Lampard08

Lampard08 New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Nürnberg
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope I don't have one. I've got a blue Charlie Davies jersey from 2010 with the nice white stripe on front, but chances are that we've run past each other a few times. I had an apartment there in the Wabestraße ;)
    Injured now though until Winter.

9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    #35 Alex_K, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Definitely was someone else then - he wore a 2010 US Donovan away kit. As a long time BigSoccer member this was kinda weird to see in real life :D (and I am absolutely sure it was Donovan - as strange as it is that you have the same kit from another player).

But anyway, I am sure we crossed paths, I have lived within a 1km radius of Prinzenpark for almost my entire life. One of my ancestors was actually chairman of Freie Turner! Didn't see a game while you were there, though - but I am planning to do it more often this season. Jumping on the bandwaggon, I guess - since the season is going so well so far. Not sure if the club would accept promotion to the Regionalliga due to the finances needed - but it would be epic.

Wish you a speedy recovery and all, then.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get well Z.

11. Lampard08

Lampard08 New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Nürnberg
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be a shame if they turned it down. The team is amazing, both as players and as people, as are the ones behind the scenes doing the business work. I can only wish them the best and be thankful because of all they've taught and done for me. I'll be forever grateful to them.

Thank you also for the nice wishes!

Tom Collingsworth, Testudo and panicfc repped this.
  12. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Herbstmeister now!

A few days ago FT stated they want to decide during the winter break what to do.

13. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Not directly Zack-related, but... for the first time in club history FT Braunschweig qualify for the 2015 German Cup with a 1:0 home win over former 2. Bundesliga club VfB Oldenburg! The game probably also marked a new attendance record for the club, with 6,500 people in the stadium.

What about a return next season, Zack? Just to kick Bayern's ass in the cup :D

14. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Zack is back in Braunschweig - he has joined Rot-Weiß Volkmarode of the 9th-tier Kreisliga Braunschweig (Volkmarode is a district of Braunschweig http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkmarode ).

Trivia: my dad played for Volkmarode in the 1960s.

With 4 players at 4 clubs this season, I am also declaring Braunschweig YA Capital of the World.

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Zack scored 4 goals in a 6-0 win this weekend, currently he's the league's top scorer with 9 goals after 9 games. Not that surprisng, though, since he played at a significantly higher level before.

16. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    According to the paper, Zack is training with FT Braunschweig again, although it isn't clear yet if he will rejoin them.

17. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bungadiri repped this.
  18. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a premonition you were going to say that! :)

19. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't always have to be me :D

Winoman repped this.
  20. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Zack has officially rejoined FT Braunschweig. Thread title, @bungadiri ? Wanted to do try this as well, now :D.

He also scored a brace in a friendly against 7th division side Salder last week (game was won 8-2).

21. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Winoman repped this.