Zac MacMath to Everton?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 30, 2010.

1. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not going to deny that the Howard signing has some degree of marketing behind it but you are dead wrong about MacMath getting screwed. Dead wrong. As a Rapids season ticket holder, I have seen every single one of his home performances. While I don't think he is horrible, he is on the lower tier of GK's in the league. The Rapids have two loses this season. Both loses were the result of astocious matches by MacMath and in both matches late game blunders occurred. Statistically MacMath is performing well but he makes and has made every single Rapids fan nervous. He has an above average shot stopping ability but he is pretty poor coming on his line for crosses and has a propensity to fumble and flub his fair share. He has been bailed by his CB's time and time again who have either marked exceptionally well or headed the ball out of danger. Additionally, his distribution is poor and he has a tendency to want to be Rimando with the ball at his feet. MacMath just doesn't command his backline well. The Rapids defensive success this season is a byproduct of Mastroeni's system not MacMath's play. believe me. I saw more in Howard's 90 mins last night, in person mind you, than I've seen in MacMath all season. It was pretty damn apparent he was the right choice. GK was our weak link. You will not find many, if any, Rapids fans sad to see MacMath on the bench or argue he got screwed. The writing is on the wall. MacMath's days are numbered. John Berner, on loan in the USL, performed very well in his three starts last season for the Rapids. He's more than capable as a #2 and his upside is higher than MacMath. Plus, hard to justify $350K paid to MacMath as a #2. Hopefully MacMath lands somewhere. I think it will be great for him and his development.

tomásbernal, MHaifa1913 and Winoman repped this.
  2. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great insight. Thanks for taking the time to share this!

The Irish Rover repped this.
  3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    LouisianaViking07/09 and Winoman repped this.
  5. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gavin Beavers, while just 18, is poised to be RSL’s #1 sooner than later so if I’m MacMath why not take an opportunity to head to Maccabi Tel Aviv?

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    who comes up with these surnames says the guy who's mother's maiden name is Badger :p

m vann repped this.
  7. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yes exactly. The only reason I care about a move is because of the potential of Beavers.

8. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to let Beavers build a body of work?

9. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Beavers stuck in sticks?

10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I read "move" as "movie" the first time ... still works.

Winoman and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Zac MaccabiMath?

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.