---Z--- Official Retirement.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    This video is making me convert back to Christianity.

2. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    I don't mind Cenk, but he comes across as like an idiot compared to Harris.
    This interview was borderline like having a conversation with a 5 year old for Sam Harris.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    #78 BatatasFritas, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Cenk is a hypocrite. I don't mind watching TYT but he is the cheerleader for the left and always presents his stories in a way to favour his message. I like that one video that Alex Jones trolled him and he lost it. I would like to see Cenk and Ezra Levant duke it out.

I hate anytime these atheists start talking about middle east and wars. They are very smart people but they should stick to the atheist stuff. We need more education.

4. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You're the cancer.

What a stupid comment

verde-rubro repped this.
  5. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cenk does get passionate and ends up raising his voice, but Sam did absolutely nothing to justify what he said about the middle east & Islam. Sam Harris has alot of fans and they always say that Sam gets 'misrepresented' by Cenk but they never elaborate on how. I'm not a die-hard fan of either of them, i just occasionally listen to them both and i think Cenk challenged him and Sam came up empty on the topic.

That TYT vs Infowars video was awesome, Jimmy Dore spat in Alex Jones face when the two sides got in a scrum. Comedic gold.

But at the end of the day TYT has a narrative, Infowars has a narrative, Rebel Media has a narrative. Cenk, Alex & Ezra are all just biased figureheads. I tend to be pretty far left on the political spectrum so i tend to agree with Cenk significantly more, but i can tell when his bias kicks in most of the time.

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    #81 BatatasFritas, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    How the fvck does Z's retirement thread turn into TYT and infowars? Anyways, I'm glad someone actually knows about this stuff.

Watch Sargon of Akkad. It is a little weird but he owns Cenk all the time. He also destroys a lot of the left wing peeps.

I also am left leaning but I always watch both sides of the story and then try to figure out the real story.

7. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah, i've watched some of those. I believe he's responsible for giving Cenk the 'Buffalo' name. I just wish Sargon would criticise other things besides SJW's. He just spends the majority of his time in shallow waters criticizing SJW's. I understand it's what gets him views but i'd like to see him go a bit deeper than that. SJW's are far too easy to pick at.

8. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Atheism-is-unstoppable with the stupid kangaroo is also pretty savage toward the SJW's.

9. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Calling him the same thing doesn't really make sense either.

vilafria and nbstriker8 repped this.
  10. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Can we replace the word 'retirement' with 'return' since he is back?

11. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Him & Sargon seem identical to me, one is just anti-trump and one is pro-trump.

The Amazing Atheist is the reason why i'm an atheist. It took awhile but after years of exploring his knowledge and having him suggest books & series, it eventually changed me. I started watching him not necessarily as a Christian, but as a general theist. People just need to give atheist speakers a shot, they won't change you over-night but it's going to take time to change if you grew up as a believer in a deity like i did. I started watching his videos on atheism because i was curious about the universe and he happened to be who i first encountered.

How people never seem to get to that stage in their life where they become curious as a human being is mind-boggling to me especially with the plethora of information available to us via the internet.

12. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Z is actually really humble right now, he reminds me of Conor McGregor after a loss. But we all know when Sporting gives him a glimmer of hope we will get our Z parade.

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  13. VERDINHO

VERDINHO Member

May 29, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cenk Uygur looks like a Portuguese construction boss.

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're done with the cancer talk

vilafria repped this.
  15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You mean bossa :D

vilafria repped this.
  16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Most people don't really care much for religion. They just kind of go along with the flow. My whole family is catholic (don't go to church) but if you were to ask them about any bible verses, they would be like o_O

Even as a kid that went through the catholic school system, I always thought it was all silly. When i became an adult I officially stopped caring about this religion stuff.

I don't call myself an atheist because I hate that label, I just consider myself a decent person who doesn't give a damn about any religion but respects everyone.

I believe what I see and will never listen to anyone telling me that I should worship something or have faith in wild stories.

vilafria repped this.
  17. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    #92 vaiamerda, Feb 17, 2017
    What's the big deal with term cancer?
    It is used widely as an expression to refer to a problem.
    Such as, 'He's a cancer in the locker room.'
    Get over it.

18. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011

Did we see the same video???
    Cenk is an intellectual wannabe. I don't mind Cenk but he's a lightweight when it comes to these types of discussions.
    During the discussion, Sam was referring to Mathematics more specifically probability and Cenk had no clue what the disussion was about.
    You're right about Sam, he is misrepresented by 'Liberals' all the time. His opinions about Islam and Middle East tend to be bang on, according to my opinion.

19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    What is that , a Canadian thing ?

20. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    American actually. TYT - The Young Turks. Infowars - Alex Jones

vilafria repped this.
  21. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bang on as in, you flirt with a nuclear first strike on the middle east? o_O

I went into that whole debate as a neutral, i gave them both a chance but Sam did an awful job of responding to Cenk's rebuttals. I don't know if Sam responded to that debate in a later podcast in order to add what he wasn't able to during the debate, i would love to hear him out more but as it stands that debate was a cagao for him.

22. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can relate to you 100%

23. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    #98 vaiamerda, Feb 17, 2017

He explains a nuclear first strike in the middle east quite well and in a very rational manner.
    Harris has made it clear that he doesn't take a nuclear strike lightly however when dealing with rouge elements whose sole purpose is to wipe out the West then you might have no choice.
    Cenk is acting like a petulant child in this video.
    Again, it's not only me that thinks Cenk was made to look foolish in the discussion, but you are entitled to your opinion.

24. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    What's wrong with a couple of nuclear bombs dropped on the Middle East ? Worked great in Japan . Look at'em , they're doing great now.