Yuri Morales

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by gerby, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Update from Yuri: His team has fought off relegation and he has contributed to a recent 3-0-1 run with two goals in three matches. I believe his contract is over after the season ends but this should hopefully help him find his next paycheck at Ølstykke or wherever. Congratualtions and best of luck as always.

2. K-Town

K-Town New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Hey Yuri Morales , how are you doing?

I have got some information abaout Heath Pearce.
    Some articles in the www are reporting that Pearce is going to sign a contract in Germany.
    Today some Fans in Kaiserslautern saw a new player while the team was training.

Perhaps it was Pearce. But he hasnt signed yet.

Does anybody have some more information on that?

@ Yuri
    Cant you just phone Heath to tell him he should sign immediately :)

3. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Yeah, but what is the hot chick-to-attendance ratio there? Gotta be in the upper echelon of European leagues (highest?) :)

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Yuri gets a write-up in his hometown newspaper:

Not all of the players on the Salinas Valley Samba semi-pro soccer team dream about playing professionally. But those who do are encouraged by the success of former Samba star Yuri Morales. The 24-year-old Harbor High of Santa Cruz and University of Massachusetts product is about to finish up his second season in Denmark with Division 1 side Ølstykke, after spending part of last year with Danish top flight squad Viborg.​

Here's the link:
    http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/12022234.htm

5. filthat

filthat New Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Denmark
    He has just signed a new contract with Ølstykke for the rest of the year, likely with an option to extend further than 31.Dec 2005 if he does well.

6. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yuri keep doing what you do best cant wait to hear more about yur progress, we are all behind you down in the island its good to see some good Boricua players are out there. It gives our kids hope, keep it up.

7. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    O and its no longer the A-League its the USL 1st Division and the players move alot from the MSL to USL and the other way to, PR Islanders has lost quite a bach of good players because of it, a relegation system would be nice, also i have been trying to get my hands on a jesey from your team could you help me with that?

8. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to an article in the Washington Examiner (see bottom of article), Morales is on trial with DC United this week.

9. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yuri Morales has singed a contract to play with the Portland Timbers.

10. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm... maybe we can snag him for next season?

11. rebel77fl

rebel77fl Member

Dec 19, 2003
  12. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Yup, That's me. Beach soccer is so much fun. A friend of mine from my home town of Santa Cruz, CA recommended me for the team. It was the first time I have ever played beach soccer so I was bit nervous to play at such a high level but it went well. Off to the Beach Soccer World Cup in Rio de Janeiro (nov 2). We are in the same group with brazil who we play in the last match of the group stage. Thats going to be like a dream-come-true for me... I'd rather it was the real World Cup but I'll take what I can get!

P.S. - I'm leaving for brazil next week. I'm going to stay down there and train for 3 months. I have contacts wn there with Flamengo, Vasco de Gama, America, and other 1st and 2nd division clubs... I'll post again if I sign anywhere... but I seriously doubt it. Brazil = Great Futebol, no money.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck on your adventure to Brazil and we will all be rooting for you in Beach World Cup. I envy you. Win yourself a contract and keep us posted Yuri!

14. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Good Luck!

15. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yuri, has been anounce in the PR Islanders FC roster for the upcoming CFU Champions Cup, finaly we got you here! Lets see if your gona stay with us for the 2007 season, alot of Islanders fan are cheering for you!

16. hootie

hootie New Member

Feb 18, 2005
  17. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  18. cristoforo7

cristoforo7 New Member

May 14, 2003
    Well done, Yuri. And I think Puerto Rico qualifies for Yank Abroad status-- maybe not literally, but certainly in spirit, especially given that Puerto Rico is its own nation as far as CONCACAF is concerned.

19. hura

hura Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Bayamón, Puerto Rico
    Hi Yuri, best wishes in the new year and will look forward to see in Puerto Rico again.

What are your plans for 2007… Are planning to stay in the USL.

20. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    I certainly hope Yuri stays in PR for a while because I think it would be good for the game there. I remember growing up in PR all I played was baseball and basketball. It wasn't till I moved to Germany because my dad was in the Army, that I was introduced to the beautifull game. When we returned to PR I attended Antilles Middle School and Antilles High School on Fort Buchanan, where we played soccer with gringo kids that played when they lived stateside. What I'm getting at is that One, I'm glad that the Islanders are there and that there appears to be a renaissance of sorts when it comes to futbol. Two, I think that a player with Yuri's skill will increase the chances of the Islanders advancing further in the play-offs thus creating a bigger buzz for the game. And Three, Yuri being Puerto Rican would definetely make him a celebrity there and can put a face to the game in PR. He really has a chance to contribute to the game on our Island and I hope that's the route he takes. then again I would love for him to go up the ranks and maybe even earn a roster spot on the USMNT! that would definetley bring some attention to the game in PR!!! Oh well I can dream right!

Feliz Navidad to all!

21. Jeffrey S.

Jeffrey S. New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Spain
    Morales is playing for California Victory in San Francisco, the new USL Div 1 team, though I am not sure their roster is closed yet. They play Galaxy next week, on the 30th.

22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Yuri fans, here is an update:

A little less than a month ago, Yuri Morales scored the first goal ever for the upstart California Victory soccer club.

A week before that, though, wearing slacks, a collared shirt, and sitting at a desk, Morales scored perhaps a more crucial first for the Victory.

He secured the team's first sponsor.

"They felt equally amazing," said Morales of the two accomplishments.​

Link:
    http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2007/April/15/sport/stories/02sport.htm

23. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    I think Yuri is amazing. I'm a fellow Boricua who ALSO lived a big chunk of my life near the bay area (Salinas, Monterey, Fort Ord) I went to Salinas High, but I graduated in 1990. I'm too old to have seen him play in high school. I wish him all the luck in the world. My only regret is that he's not with the Islanders. California is pretty lucky to have him.