Yuri Morales

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by gerby, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Hahahaha, good effort on the pronounciation. I think Jeff will sign with B1913 of the 2nd division (3rd level)

Ølstykke... ool-stew-guh. The sound of the letter Ø is hard to say because there is no sound like it in English. It sounds like the oo in "too" but the sound comes from your throat. Many languages have some form of the Ø. I think that in German it is Ö or Ü.

The word "Øl" means "beer". And "stykke" means "piece". So maybe it means "a piece of beer"? It think it is open for interpretation. Ok, World Languages 101 is done for today.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff. I had a good idea after Derk played there.

looks like an American invasion of Denmark is taking place.
    Heath Pearce
    Yuri
    Ryan Caugherty
    Jeff Deren.

Good stuff.

3. hootie

hootie New Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Good Luck to all the Yanks in Denmark.....I'll especially be pulling for the UMASS guys. Keep us posted on your results/progress! :)

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    "Piece" is "stück" in German ... that's how I was able to "read" that 1909 stuff.

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Got more on this one?

6. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Dave, I actually just played against him in a training match a couple of days ago. He is a solid left midfielder. He is playing for FC Nordjylland and he started and played all 90 minutes against us. He's strong, quick and is ok with the ball. But that's all I know about him. Where is he from in the states? Where has he played? hmmmm... I think I'll check that out.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    University of Portland. Went to Bradenton for a year or two I think.

8. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Yeah, but what is curious is I can't find him on the FC Nordsjælland website or anywhere in Danish football for that matter. Maybe he is just doing training because usually if a player is on trial they announce it on the website. Hmmmm... maybe it was Herfølge he was playing with.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he signed with Nordsjalland. I spoke to someone in Denmark today and they told me he had signed, and is doing quite well.

My buddy in Denmark also mentioned that you had signed and thought how great it was for Yanks to be coming to Denmark.

10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It is Nordsjælland. He's not listed on the roster page, but if you go to the club's website...

http://www.fcnfodbold.dk/

... and click on "Nyhedsarkiv" and then "Fire hug til HIK" you can get to a match report from today in which he's part of the squad.

11. manutd02

manutd02 Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Re: Heath Pearce

Good to see Heath is doing well. I played with him on the Region IV ODP team a couple years back. At that time they were trying to convert him to a striker from a center back. I then went to Florida and coincidentally he went to the Bradenton Academy presumably to be closer to the US 17's. I know he featured in a few scrimmages with the 17's but was never officially on the roster. He ended up playing for the academy team so I actually played him quite a few times, and then in PDL the 2 years he played for the Academy PDL team.

Solid, solid player. Left footed, fast, great strike of the ball, very intelligent. Really is class. He's best suited as a wing midfielder or wing back. Personally, I'd play him as a back. The way he can get foward would be great from that position and he's a strong defender as well.

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    NordsJ finished 10th in the SAS.

So, Pierce is in a minor major?

13. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Yuri, best of luck! Keep us posted on how it goes!

14. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    I'm moving to Scandinavia. They get 31 days in February! ;)

15. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Ya, but they're 24 hours of darkness. :p

16. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Congrats with the contract Yuri

----

as for the ppl who want to keep track of the latest results from the Danish Viasat Sport Division (1st division) standings/match results/topscorers you can always find it at:

http://www.rmas.dk/version4/medier/srt2000i.asp?turn=DBU000002

Ther are no match results at the moment but ther will be when the league starts up, so keep the link ...

The Danish Superliga you'll find at:
    http://www.rmas.dk/version4/medier/srt2000i.asp?turn=DBU000000

If you find that Danish league club names look a bit strange an impossible to pronounce ... then her is a little transelation :

Å or Aa, sounds much like Oh

AaB Ålborg sounds like Oh-beh Ohl-bor
    Viborg = we-bor
    AGF Aarhus = A-Geh-F Or-hus

Teams with an "Ø" is more difficult to transelate, but the Ø sounds a bit like the "U" in surveillance.

Herfølge = Her-furl-ye :D

Æ is pronounced much like the Canadian word: "Eh?"

17. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004

hehehe, oops! I guess that's where soccer players get the reputation for being stupid. Because we really are! hah

18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    By the way, I posted this on the "All About..." thread but it looks like Yuri's signing is complete, official, and reported on his new team's web site. Congrats!

I'm not 100% sure the current contract status of Caugherty, Deren or Pierce, but I will continue to track...

19. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It only seems like February has 31 days in Scandinavia.

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I think Caugherty has signed with B1909.

B1909 A/S har indgået 2 amatøraftaler her til aften. Det drejer sig om den amerikanske midtbanespiller, Ryan Caugherty, og den stærke angriber Wassim El Banna. Begge aftaler løber frem til sommer.

- Vi er meget glade for aftalen med Wassim. Han vil blive en meget vigtig spiller for holdet, hvilket vi allerede så i kampen mod Fredericia, hvor han både arbejder hårdt og scorer mål. Han kan være manden der sikrer os fri af nedrykning, siger B1909s manager Mikael Skovgaards til B1909 Online.

B1909 har ligeledes lavet en aftale med amerikaneren Ryan Caugherty. Den 22-årige midtbanespiller har fået fuldtidsarbejde ved en af B1909s sponsorer, hvilket har gjort det muligt at beholde Ryan i Danmark og B1909.
    Ryan tager hjem til USA af private årsager, men vender tilbage i midten af næste uge.​

Not sure about Deren. However, he did play 90 minutes for B1913 three days ago in a training match.

B1913 truppen
    Thorbjørn Hermanrud - Morten Andersen, Mads Bartram, Allan Hansen, Peter Halkjær - Ulrik Nielsen, Ken Ragus, Thomas Hansen, Martin Vingaard - Jeff Deren og Martin Andersen.
    Indskiftet: Mads DK Kristiansen, Simon Flindt og Henrik Vingaard ​

Also not yet 100% clear on Pearce. His team, Nordsjælland, won't play again until Saturday. He is a junior in college, by the way, and as long as he is paying his own way can return to college in the fall w/o loss of eligibility.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am pretty sure Pearce has signed.

22. manutd02

manutd02 Member

Oct 23, 2002
    But Pearce has played in a game. I believe that makes you ineligable correct?

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Not sure. I got the impression this is "Spring Training" rather than actual season play so maybe the matches don't count... However, I could be (and often am) wrong.

24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    How does the Danish season work? Put another way, are they in the middle of an 04/05 season, or starting an 05 season? Hope that makes sense.

25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Middle of the year. I think the tables were posted above.