Yuri Morales

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by gerby, Jan 26, 2005.

1. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Can someone give me informations about this guy ?
    Has he played in MLS ?
    What I know it's that he is native from Puerto Rico and is a forward.He played in a brazilian third division club and was playing in Denmark at Viborg last season.He is passing a test this week at La Louviere (Goosh Onyewu former club) in Belgium.
    Thanks.

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Glad to hear that this has come off, as I had heard that Yuri was heading to Belgium.

Yuri is an attacking player from California. He played at the University of Massachusetts. After college he played (mostly training and test matches) for a lower-division Rio de Janeiro club and an amateur team in California, after which he packed his bags and went looking for work across Europe.

He eventually caught on at Viborg but they didn't extend his contract after the end of the season (despite getting a start in the last match and notching a goal and an assist). Now he's looking for work. I'm not sure but RAAL may be his first trial since Viborg.

3. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Thanks Dave.
    How old is he ?

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

He was born in 1981 I believe.

5. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Didn't Yuri use to post here?

6. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Yes, I remember him posting in this forum not too long ago. I'm pretty sure it was in a thread started by someone asking how to go about trying to get trials with clubs in Europe. Maybe he'll resurface...

7. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Yeah, I'm still around. I like to check up on the other Yanks abroad and see what's going on. I am now in Denmark again. My trial in Belgium was unsuccessful although I felt I played fairly well. But fairly well isn't good enough and for this I'm a bit disappointed with myself. But sometimes it just doesn't work out...

I'm here in Odense, Denmark on trial with a 2nd division club named B1913. Some years ago they were a big club in the top league but they were relegated and are now battling another relegation. I scored in a training match last night and we'll just have to wait and see what happens. The transfer window in Scandinavia doesn't close until Feb 31 so I have some time to figure out my situation.

I am also proud to anounce another new potential YA. Jeff Deren. We played at UMass together and he scored a **** load of goals there. For the past 2 years he has been playing and scoring goals for the Western Mass Pioneers of the USL. He is here on trial with me at B1913 and he also scored a goal last night. We both only played the first half of the game.

8. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Thanks for posting, Yuri. Good luck with your trial in Denmark! And let us know how things work out for you. :)

9. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    Best wishes and keep us posted on your progress.

Most everyone who frequents these boards will be rooting for you. We like to see new American faces making it as professional players - no matter where they can find a spot.

10. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Yuri - Do you look for and develop these opportunities yourself, or do you have an agent or some other helpful figure who prospects for you?

11. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004

Yes, now I have an agent. When I came to Europe in June I was on my own.

12. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    much props to you man. that's got to be scary/fun!!!

13. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep your head up.

Good luck to you.

14. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Good Luck Yuri from Corpus Christi, TX!!!

We'll be rooting for you man!!

15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Doesn't look like Yuri will be signing with B1913, but there should nevertheless be some good news coming out of the Morales camp soon.

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to hearing about the moves.

17. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Yup, good news. I've signed with a 1st division club in Denmark. The name of the club is Ølstykke FC. Don't even try to pronounce it. The contract is until this summer. The 1st division in Denmark is the 2nd highest level below the super league. The club is in Copenhagen so it will be nice to be in the city after being in the small town of Viborg. The football in this league is not as mainstream as the super league was (no TV, big sponsors, etc) but there are so many clubs in Copenhagen that people are always watching. It is a big chance for me to show what I can do. I appreciate the support and I'll keep y'all updated as much as possible. The 2nd half of the season doesn't start for another month so until then... later.

18. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Good luck!

Anyone know if there is a site where we can get scarves?

Sachin

19. EyesOnBall

EyesOnBall Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Congrats!!!...and good luck!! thanks for posting and will look forward to updates.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's one of Derk Droze's old clubs. Congrats Yuri, and good luck.

21. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Here's the club website for those who want to follow Yuri (in Danish):

http://www.olstykke-fodbold.dk/

Doesn't look like they've announced the signing, though -- Yuri's scooped his own club!

Congratulations and good luck to you.

22. hootie

hootie New Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Yuri,

Any News on Deren?

23. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Ohl-shteek-eh?

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+