Yuri Morales (Viborg) Update.

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    A quick report from Yuri Morales at Viborg.

He played in a couple of matches early, but then his team 1) got a key striker back from injury and 2) changed formations to a one-striker system, meaning less opportunity for Yuri to play.

However, he was listed as a sub for last weekend's match -- against near-bottom Randers -- which was, unfortunately for him, postponed due to field conditions. He is in the team, however, and hopes to get on the field tomorrow in the rescheduled contest.

I believe Yuri's on a short-term contract and hopes to stay at Viborg. Obviously, some good minutes tomorrow would help. If not, he has an agent who is looking for other options in Europe.

Good luck tomorrow, Yuri!

http://www.vff.dk/

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Re: Yuri Morales (Viborg) Update. [R]

Yuri DNP in Viborg's 2-2 draw with Randers, in which the team twice gave up leads -- he warmed up but was never inserted. He hopes for some minutes in Viborg's next (and last) match.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Some good and bad news for Yuri.

First the bad: His contract will not be extended at Viborg.

However, he's been told he will start tomorrow in his team's last 2004 match.

Hopefully he gets in a good performance he can parlay into a contract or trials elsewhere during the transfer window.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    More good news to add to the previous: Yuri scored!

He started and went the full 90, notching in the 75th to put his team up 2-1. He also assisted on the 1-1 equalizer in the first half. Unfortunately, Viborg gave up two late scores and lost...

Here's to Yuri building off this performance and finding another job soon.

5. Beppe

Beppe BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2004
    Milano
    Why doesn't he try out with Chivas USA?

6. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    I have nothing against the MLS but I really like European football. I plan on coming back to Denmark in January. I will most likely go on trials in Denmark and maybe Belgium depending on what my agent set up for me. I am from Santa Cruz, California... about 30 minutes drive to San Jose. If the Quakes stay in San Jose I would love to play there. It's my home town team and I've been a Quakes fan since the Clash days. So if I were to come back to the MLS one day I would like to play in San Jose. Otherwise, I think I'll stay in Europe.

7. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    chicks dig american soccer players yuri...

8. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Thanks for the update. Congrats on the goal / sorry the team couldn't hold on. Good luck with the trials. Please come back and tell us where you're looking.

And we'll give Alexi Lalas your e-mail, just in case.