You've Reached Your Destination - Transfer Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 11, 2018.

1. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect we'll be seeing the midfield we saw against City in the remaining big games this year, even if Hendo is fit. At least we should be seeing it. Even with Keita coming in, Can will still be getting his minutes. Hendo, Milner and Lallana will get their minutes against the weaker teams, but they are the ones who should be worried about getting eased out.

I think any player is going to listen to Juve offers, especially when they are negotiating a new deal. He's 24, so its a big decision for him, so you can't really fault him for considering his options. Games like City and home nights in the CL are they type of games he thrives in and he's not really going to get that atmosphere at Juve, regardless of how much winning they do.

My theory is that he wants to stay, but after seeing the difficulty players who didn't have release clauses (VVD, Phil, Sanchez, Keita) had forcing moves this summer, him and his agent decided they need to get some protection for him built into his contract moving forward. I suspect their position may have (or will) soften on this now that those players for the most part eventually got the move. Players can get their move if the buying club does things right and puts the right money on the table, at the right time.

If he was truly keen on the Juve switch, he'd have signed by now. You can't fault his commitment and he's said he's not signing anything until the summer. So as long as we show him some love as fans, he gets important minutes, and we have a strong second half with good cup runs, I think there is every chance he resigns with Liverpool.

Wingtips1, ryered, imasyko and 1 other person repped this.
  2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good take.

dcc134 repped this.
  3. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad Klopp has finally decided to bin Mignolet. He simply isn't good enough and we need to move on. I'd sell him in January, make Ward #2 and promote Grabara to #3.

I 100% agree that Karius doesn't seem to be up for the job in the long term. He just isn't quick enough and he doesn't appear to be able to jump very well. Does he improve with a decent run in the team? I don't know, perhaps he does.

Despite Karius having "smoke hands" I believe the stats say we are a better side with him in goal. It's at least basically a wash. So it make sense to give Karius a run, to see if he can raise his game enough to keep around as a #2.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gruijic has been loaned to Cardiff. He needs to play.

dcc134 repped this.
  5. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joyce report Inter is pursuing Sturridge.

Surely this only get sanctioned if we have someone coming in.

Grujic going on loan to Cardiff and Woodburn to Sunderland is back on apparently. Also a bit surprised at these as well as we get thin pretty quickly in midfield and up front with a couple injuries.

6. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He does, but a couple injuries and you'd expect he be in the mix. Unless of course, Klopp doesn't think he's close enough.

7. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    + a sprinkling of youth players ..........

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I hope that all pans out ..... thumbs up from me on it ....

10. canucksh

canucksh Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Doubt it. We still have Solanke and Ings

11. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ings may be a target of some bottom feeder clubs for loan. Solanke hasn't shown me that he's ready for prime time.

usscouse repped this.
  12. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I think he'll get there. Him sitting on the bench definitely doesn't get him there.

13. canucksh

canucksh Member

Jun 2, 2015
    We haven't been able to use Sturridge for two years now so if we can get any money for him it will be a miracle.

If Sturridge is sold I doubt the club would let Ings go on loan.

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Solanke as 3rd choice and Ings as a option to save legs in a game we have already won against a team in the bottom half.

I don't want either of them as an option off the bench in a CL match where we need to get a goal and Salah is injured.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  16. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But that means you want to bring in a first class striker for a boatload of $$$ to sit and wait for limited chances? Better letting the young guy get his feet wet periodically, IMO.

delaynomo repped this.
  17. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before we let Sturridge go, I'd want us to bring in another front 3 player that matches his level who would allow us to rotate the front 3 effectively and not have the drop in level with currently have with Solanke/Ings.

Right now our options for Mane and Salah are to play 2 up front, Firmino wide with Sturridge in the middle, play Ox in a front 3, Lallana, Woodburn, Ings, Trent (?). You take Sturridge out of that mix and options declined in quality and expected production pretty quickly.

18. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ings was a proven asset when he was acquired. He's been nicked up for ages. I would play him b4 Solanke when the Reds are jammed up.

I do agree that Sturridge is a better choice.

19. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If I'm Can I'm doing the math an I'm thinking, hmmm

3 midfield spots.

Sure I've been playing this year but due to Henderson and Lallana the team picks itself.

1. Keita arrives this summer.

2. We bought Ox.

3. Hendo is the captain.

4. Lallana is returning to health.

5. Wiji is rated by Klopp.

6. Klopp has an eye for Woodburn.

7. Lemar rumours.

Am I in the side every week so I can play for Germany?

I bet I am at Juve.

20. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Central - Firmino, Salah, Mane, Solanke, Ings + kids

Out wide - Salah, Mane, Firmino, Lallana, OxC, Milner + kids

Options are decent even without Sturridge. In fact, Sturridge doesn't really add much as Salah is a better option through the middle anyway (and there are others who can fill in out wide).

21. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Except Can is mainly used as the DCM. The only one (possibly, not definitely) ahead of him in that position is Henderson who is often injured. Can has every chance to make the position his own.

22. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who does Can replace at Juve?

23. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only real competition is Henderson and he's highly injury prone. Team performs far better with Can playing 6. I expect we are going to see Can making that position his own over the next 6 months and Hendo getting eased out over the next 18 months.

24. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Except Pep now sees him as the perfect replacement for the aging Fernandinho...

25. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC