Youth Yanks Abroad, '97-'00 YOBs: 2018/19 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    1084121470199042048 is not a valid tweet id

2. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Nice interview with Sergino Dest, plus the usual other odds and ends from the Scuffed podcast:

Check out @zlebmada’s Tweet:

Patrick167 and Winoman repped this.
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He was asked about Berhalter, and didn’t want to talk about that topic because he said he’s not ready to play in the NT.

This should give some perspective for the people that want every talented prospect called up to the senior NT.

4. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Also, he's a product of a much more rigorous soccer environment, and he knows how tough it is to make it to Ajax's first team. He's applying that understanding to his readiness for the USMNT.

5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    hes also bright enough to know when to keep his mouth shut

Tom Collingsworth and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

7. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. headerdunce

headerdunce Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Great news about Olosunde. I remain cautiously optimistic. Hope he stays healthy and keeps progressing.

Winoman repped this.
  9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't think we've posted this rumor in here. Its being reported in multiple places. Kinda reminds folks that when MLS clubs miss out on signing youngsters to homegrown deals as teens, it has a knock-on effect. FCD didn't just miss out on a fee to Schalke, but also on future sell-on fees. They have all of this in place now with Chris Richards.
    1085969007092498433 is not a valid tweet id

Also, it looks like his teammate is now officially a first team player. Huzzah! This is a good story. Haji had a failed trial this past summer with Union Berlin in the 2nd Bundesliga!

Pl@ymaker and don Lamb repped this.
  10. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    I think the McKennie thing is just a tabloid that has been getting American clicks with made up Pulisic headlines having to use something different because Pulisic is set. It is as lazy as the next American in the Bundesliga. Oh, and link him to Klopp, since we have the piece written already, just cross out Pulisic and put McKennie.

11. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird timing, finally some Olosunde news, and then a day later Greg Seltzer posts this on mlssoccer:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...ttings-tim-weah-emerson-hyndman-khiry-shelton

Matthew Olosunde
    NY Red Bulls Academy

The word going around town is that Olosunde could be done at Manchester United, with local rumors claiming he's headed to MLS.​

12. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Relevant timing. He's been injured basically all season so far till now. Now he's healthy and obviously not in MU's plans or good enough so showing fitness/health in preparation for a move abroad.

He's an athletic fullback with hopefully a decent technical game. Someone in MLS would be pretty happy to have him I would think.

13. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I liked about Olosunde when he was with the U17s, was his balls skills and vision.

Not sure if he is any better than the younger RBs that we have though.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think he might be better as a CB. Good defensive player and good athlete. Don't see much in his game offensively, although he's not a huge liability in that area. I think he was surpassed by Cannon going back 3.5 years, but he can still be a decent RB/CB who might have NT potential. He might also now be behind Fossey, as I think Fossey has more potential, but Fossey has also dealt with injuries in recent years.

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm not sure its weird at all. Show suitors that he's healthy and fit.

NYRB should still own his homegrown rights. Then again, Kyle Duncan showed he was a promising RB until his injury last season.

MLS could really benefit from some developing domestic right backs. Got Cannon and Lennon last season. [And Duncan until his unfortunate injury.] Other than that, not much for us to be interested in.

This is the kind of player that could come back to MLS and get his first team career on track. I'm with @ussoccer97531 , though. I don't know if right back is the position he'll stay in. He's got a lot of physical tools. If harnessed well, he can be a real asset to an MLS team.

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    There's also Lindsey and Scally, although I doubt Scally gets many minutes this season.

19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Also...………..Tim Weah in the 18 right away for Celtic. He's on the bench for their Scottish Cup game.
    [​IMG]

21. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is the tweeter in quoted in this post so flabbergasted that George Acosta took a penalty for a reserve team? Am I missing something here?

TarHeels17, eliwood and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    For those that haven't seen it elsewhere, here's Weah's goal from yesterday.
    1086699694888230913 is not a valid tweet id

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It wouldn't surprise me...……………….

25. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would surprise me if any player considering Portugal doesn't look at Parks coming to MLS to get playing time and decide to elsewhere. Why go there just to come back?