Youth Yanks Abroad (93s or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 17, 2012.

1. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    I think it makes sense to try to carve out mins for both (even if some of those mins come at expense of the better prospect) if you think that both can contribute next season. Clearly they can win with either one of them in the lineup

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    From what I've read, the Porto fans really seem to like his play. They say after the first game where he made an error he's been very good. They are right now starting a kid the same age as EPB at CB for the first team after they've had problems at the position all season, so if he continues to play well he could be playing with the first team soon enough.

Also this

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Does Porto have an option to buy EPB built into his loan agreement? I can't recall................................

I don't really know what the point would be from Porto's perspective if they don't.

4. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If memory serves me they do and they have to exercise that by the end of 2016.

5. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm reading a different Porto forum that I didn't even know about, the comments on this forum are even more complimentary of EPB's play. Maybe someone can post these in his YA thread as I currently can't with my YA ban.
    Here is the link to the Porto forum, in case anyone wants to view it on their own. http://www.fcporto.ws/index.php?topic=18063.0

Here are some of the posts.

Commenter 1:

I liked what I have seen.

It's going on three consecutive holder and begins to show its (huge) potential.

Sereno, good technically, fast, good reading of the game, good in anticipating and strong in shock.It has class.It may prove to be a key to gender Otamendi.

With it, Verdasca, Chidozie (much like him to MD) and Diogo Queirós the future in the medium term, this particular location has everything to be assured!

Commenter 2:

Today another great game.

It is the youngest player in the team but I predict it will be the first to take the leap, when slightly improve the position will be huge.

It has a physique that's scary, it's very fast and very strong in the air.

Today, as happened in other games we won everything, the ground, the air, in speed, in 1x1, won everything.

Even quarreled a bit with colleagues, it is normal to top when they speak to him in Portuguese, still on the topic of the game I said this situation, give you directions in Portuguese and the boy occasionally walk a little lost, but pays well.

Another great game.

We are buying it, this is worth it.Spare us Maregas and spend these, worth.

It's no surprise that Juventus walk behind him, is very good

Commenter 3:

I was very impressed with this player.It was the first game I saw it - and I'd rather see a few more before giving me a final decision on their acquisition - but seems to have fantastic conditions to be a great center.

Commenter 4:

Of those who entered in January the player with the most potential, but without any doubt.

Commenter 5:

This confirms what we had seen in MLS.Central very complete, just need to improve the positions but it is being purchased game by game

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    "Erik-Palmer-Brown is a young central defender, 18yo, player from the US that came from Sporting Kansas City on loan. He's a central defender with a large margin for potential, fast and strong with his ability to anticipate (read game).

He is a U20 international that played for the US in the world cup of 2015."

"I like what I saw. He's started in last 3 games, and is stsarting to show his enormus potential. Calm, good technical side, fast, communicates well (?), great anticipation and strong in the air (?). He has class. He can prove to be a stud, compares him to Otamendi. With him, Verdasca, Chidozie, Diogo Queiros the future at medio prazo(?) (unfamiliar with this term), this spot in general, he has everything to be a 'sure thing'. "

"Today, another big game by him! He's the youngest player on the team, but he cuold be the first to make the jump to the first team, if he can continue to improve at his position, he could be huge. He has the frame/body that scares players, he's very fast, strong in the air. Today, like in other games he won every duel, in the air, on the ground, at speed, 1v1, he won it all. He fought some with his teammates, but that's normal, at times when they talk to him in portuguese, some gets lost in translation (?), he'll get some instructions in portuguese and he'll look a bit lost out there, but he's getting better (?). Another great player. I hope we buy him, because he seems worth it. We still have Maregas. We shouldn't be scared (?) Juventus are after him, it's a good thing."

"I was very impressed with this player. It was the first game I saw of his--but I prefer to see a bit more before I make a decision about his move to our side--but he appears to have fantastic abilities with potential to be a great centerback."

"This confirms what we saw in MLS. A very complete centerback, he only needs to work on his positioning, but he's getting better game by game."

"He also has to be careful with outside runners/passes (?) because he runs a huge risk in that sense, but he's young and has a lot of time to work on the 'weak points' of his game. Does anyone know how long of an option we have on him? He came on loan for a year and a half, right? We should purchase this kid ASAP!"

"He's on loan until 12/31/2016"

With players from America, it's better to not risk too much (Freddy Adu....). Americans don't live soccer and the players have trouble getting accustomed to Portuguese culture (Imbula....). So I think the loan until the end of the year makes sense. You invest a little, but it's more than enough time to see if he can adapt to his new reality."

"Yea, of course, he writes on twitter in Portugese and posts pictures of Porto. It looks like he's really enjoying living here. I also am aware that soccer is evolving, all MLS teams have the best training grounds/equipment (?) of the highest level, with fantastic amenities and their U20 NT, is very good. His growth as a player shows. Plus, their market is pretty cheap to buy players. Same can be said of the American players to the ones from Cental America and South America."

"Also, there's still university soccer. Soccer isn't super popular, it's starting to and there's a lot of sufficiently good young players too. MLS could be a market that could explode."

"Yes, with the inflated prices in other regions like Brasil, Argentina and Colombia, to put a couple of examples out there, MLS could be a potential market that could explode. But what I like the most about the player market in the US is the ability to find high quality players for very cheap."

"We'll see how he progresses. Honestly, I don't know. I saw some MLS (few) and I think I don't think I saw this kid play one minute. If I did watch his team play, he never was given 1 min. MLS is evolving, but is still far away from being a top league. But in defense of the player, it's his defense that's his strength. I don't see "magic" in American players but when it comes to defense, that's not important. Oxalis of a pearl(?) The last defender I found interesting was Yedlin. The kid was purchased by Tottenham but is with Sunderland right now. He's not bad, but he's an outside back not centerback."

May have butchered some of these, but screw it. :p Enjoy.

8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    So within a 10-day span Duke University loses two of its top recruits, Olosunde and Will Pulisic, to European clubs. Has to hurt.

9. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015

According to United, Olosunde signed his contract on Jan. 29th. I don't think he has to tell them immediately if he's signed a pro deal but I would think they had some idea before we did.

10. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeremy Ebobisse took off for several trials and looked really good in the Dallas Cup for the u20s. Tough for Duke, but good for the YA Forum.

Tom Collingsworth and USAMEX10 repped this.
  11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    This is the kind of thing schools like UCLA encounter every year now...........................

They'll lose at least McKinze Gaines from this year's class.

12. joseph_beq

joseph_beq Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's he trialing with?

13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We had heard Hoffenheim.........................

14. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    With him, Verdasca, Chidozie, and Diogo Queiros the future in the medium term for this specific position in general has everything to be a 'sure thing'. "

Hopefully he is a pearl.

Tom Collingsworth and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    A member of the US U-18 team Nebiyou Perry got into a friendly for the AIK first team yesterday. He replaced another player in the 32nd minute, and played the rest of the game. They seemed to be using a lot of starters and back ups, so it didn't seem like just a reserve side.

Perry was born in October of 1999, he's not even 16.5 years old. If he debuts in the Allsvenskan (the league AIK plays and finished third in last season, qualifying for Europa League qualifying) in the next few months, he'd be one of the ten youngest players to be used in the Allsvenskan since transfermarkt started tracking the youngest players in that league in 2005. Just for comparisons sake, its been nearly five years since anyone his age debuted in MLS. The recent youngest players (Zendejas and EPB) both debuted after they turned 17. For Perry that won't be until October. Debuting soon for Perry would be Pfeffer, Fagundez, McBean territory.

Sup Bro repped this.
  17. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    How do we know that these weren't all your posts?

Giggsy1986, Gorky, GoingGoaling and 3 others repped this.
  18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Junior Flores is starting to get more playing time recently, FWIW. He's played in three straight games.

19. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    15 minutes a game though.. sad story.

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree. Time to move on so he can get playing time.

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We had heard of interest from MLS clubs trying to get him on loan. I really wish that had happened.........................

He's not a 16 year old prospect anymore. He's 20. Time to seek first team playing time, whatever level that may be.
    [Same obviously goes for Julian Green, who's a year older than Flores.]

FlipsLikeAPancake and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  22. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

At 20 he doesnt need first team... he just needs 90 minutes a week.

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Its certainly not as urgent of a case as say.................Mario Rodriguez. He'll be 22 in about a month and has never played a first team game.

He's now been in Germany for almost 4 years.

At some point a starter for the US U23s needs to be a first team player. Right?

FlipsLikeAPancake and SUDano repped this.
  24. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What league does Borussia II play in?

25. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Bobby Wood and Charlie Davies are two players that I will sugget as players who needed time to develop. I wouldn't mind seeing Mario and or Junior headed to Scandanavia or Holland.