Youth Yanks Abroad 2011/12 Update

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  2. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKvh-GHEWeA"]Sean Cunningham har signert for verdens nydeligste klubb - YouTube[/ame]

3. bisbee

bisbee Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Very interesting. I live in Phoenix and had nothing to do so went to the HS finals and watched that game. No idea who any of the players were but in that game the Lennon kid was a solid player but nothing spectacular. I know that you can't make any judgements based on a single game........

4. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thing Juan Pablo Ocegueda chose the USA.;)

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew he had played there before but not that he thought it was his primary position.

7. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    He prefers centerback but will likely play LB for the national team. I doubt his position is even set with Stabaek yet.

8. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I caught this in one of the articles about last night's U14NT game (camp running concurrently with the U15s) against the Galaxy U14s:

Zendejas unselfishly laid off a pass to Joshua Perez on his right, but the Chivas USA Academy product suffered from some tired legs and could not beat the keeper.

Other than that mishap though, Perez was solid as a two-way midfielder while playing for his uncle Hugo Perez.

"I treat him like everyone," U14 national team head coach Hugo Perez told TopDrawerSoccer.com about coaching his nephew. "This is a good step for him being here, and now going back [to ACF Fiorentina] will be a good step too."

Hugo Perez said Joshua will be returning to Fiorentina in two weeks for another trial and added that "it is getting serious now" about the Italian club signing the young American to a contract. Joshua Perez spent extended periods of 2011 with the Serie A club.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/play...3922/Elijah-Rice-nets-late-winner-for-U14-BNT

9. bisbee

bisbee Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Precisely why a kids ability to "get noticed" has alot to do with connections and why Europe is really out of reach for most Americans regardless of ability.

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Former US U17/20 Alex Nimo has signed on with JK Tammeka Tartu in Estonia. He's still only 21.

11. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "21"

12. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh?

13. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Estonia!! thats like being banished to Siberia. I would play USL before going there

14. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    he did play in USL in 2009 ... he wasn't very good there either ... thus the even further step down to Estonia :D

15. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Interview with Boyd, who scored the team's second goal in a 2-0 win over first-place club Sportfreunde Lotte on Tuesday night. It was their sixth win in a row.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noa87lPRJyQ"]BVB II - Lotte 2-0 Stimmung Stimmen Borussia Dortmund Mitch Langerak - YouTube[/ame]

Here is a rough translation:
    "It's always great to score. Great cross by Rico. Nothing I could do wrong there, he basically shot me at the leg. There were a few emotions in that match and I had to be calm during the second half to not collect the second yellow. My debut for the US team was a dream come true. It was fantastic that it did happen. I think I have some chances of making it to the Olympics. I am currently forward number two in that team, coming from the bench mostly. With the qualifiers coming up at the end of this month, I think we have a good enough squad to qualify. I'll have to find out how much time on the pitch I will get. Time will tell. But I believe, the Olympics could happen. Let's find out."

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boyd thinks he's number 2 eh?

17. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is trying not to be cocky :D we all know he is number 1.

18. Peoresnada

Peoresnada Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Well I might be wrong but with Porter playing a 4-3-3 and he being a pure poacher number 9 like player, he cannot play the wings of the upper three formation like Gyau, Shea or Adu have been...Agudelo can I guess but he is better suited to be in the middle like in the Mexican game...I guess that's what's been happening in the camps? Dont know...

19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he talking about the Olympic qualifying (Agudelo?) or the Olympic team (Altidore)?

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like qualifying to me

21. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. I also think Agudelo can be the perfect #10 in this team but I doubt we will see this change in the qualifiers. For Boyd being an excellent poucher, he does have one major flaw...he collects yellow cards like Jones.

22. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Bobby Wood has returned from injury and was back in the 18 for the first time since early November.

23. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Conor Doyle unfortunately torn his hamstring just as he was looking set to break into the Derby squad. He will be out 4-6 weeks.

Nigel Clough was planning to hand the 20-year-old games between now and the end of the season. "It is a blow for Conor and bad timing because as soon as we got to the safety mark, points-wise, we were going to take a look at him on the right side of midfield," said the manager.

"With right-back John Brayford out and Paul Green probably having to stay at right-back, it was an ideal chance to take a look at Conor, once we had sufficient points in the bag. He has done ever so well in training but now he is likely to be out for most of the rest of the season."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/B...idfield-role/story-15519597-detail/story.html

24. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Terrence Boyd and Villyan Bijev both scored in a 3-3 draw earlier today

25. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Alfredo Morales has committed two fouls on Ribery inside the box today, both PK's were converted. 6-0 Bayern