Youth Yanks Abroad (1997s or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't imagine there's much of any way he'd get a professional contract with Schalke, he's a one trick pony, but just like with Akinola, I certainly don't mind if good teams want to give our young players a chance.

2. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goddamn, I love him already.

Hate Mexico talking smack about how we're not good at soccer, or don't play it the "right way", or how all our good kids are fool's gold...

...And yet they try and get as many Mexican-Americans as they can get their hands on.

Not to mention, he gives me a reason to see Monterrey games at my favorite Mexican place, which means more burritos for me!:D

TheFalseNine and Starman* repped this.
  3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Winoman repped this.
  4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Consider the source, but we'll probably start seeing a lot of Adams transfer rumors..................

Tactical Hipster and TxEx repped this.
  5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    In the first action after the latest international break...

Antonee Robinson 90 for Bolton in a 0-0 tie with Preston North End.

Cameron Carter-Vickers 90 for Sheffield Wednesday with an assist in a 3-1 win over Burton Albion.

Emmanuel Sabib started and went 90 for Hobro in a 1-0 win over Helsingor.

Christian Pulisic not in the 18 for Dortmund in its 2-1 loss to Stuttgart.

Haji Wright in the 18 but DNP for Sandhausen in a 2-1 win over Darmstadt. McKinzie Gaines didn't dress for Darmstadt.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haji is concerning

onefineesq repped this.
  7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #1983 ussoccer97531, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    I'm not concerned. His team can't create any attacking chances. He's one of their best attacking players, when he plays, but the team's players under contract with the team are always going to get more of a leash.

Not playing one game isn't a big deal. And also, it doesn't help that his biggest competition for minutes (who isn't actually good) has decided these few weeks he's going to play very well.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His playing time has been decreasing and he's not producing anything when he does play.

9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    For the first part, as I mentioned, his competition for minutes is playing well of late. I don't think we should judge his minutes the exact few weeks his competition for minutes is in his top form. These swings in playing time happen for just about all footballers during the course of a season. It also happens more often for young footballers

I think the second part of that is very cynical. He has played 459 minutes, 1 goal, thats the equivalent of like 5 full games. Thats not great, but its not awful, nor is it enough minutes to really judge much. If he has a goal or assist in his next appearance, would he then be productive? Also, his team has 9 goals in their last 11 games. They can't create any goal scoring chances.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can't create them but he's also not helping them create them.

11. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Check out @DMVsoccer96’s Tweet:

KUSA77, Starman*, ielag and 2 others repped this.
  12. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Some good development going on in Richmond

13. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Why would you sub on another striker when you are protecting a lead? Game script, as they say in the NFL.

14. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jonathan Gonzalez currently playing in Monterrey's game against Tigres.

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly I think we may be looking at the future of the best US midfield ever.

Pulisic, McKennie and Gonzalez have the potential to be the kind of quality that can hold it's own vs the best in the world.

TheFalseNine and Patrick167 repped this.
  16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been posting in his personal thread during the 1st half, but I will back @Real Corona here. JoGo is having a masterclass against Tigres right now. He has just jumped off the page to me, and he has me looking at him in an entirely different way.

Patrick167 repped this.
  17. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don’t forget Keaton Parks. He took a big leap forward today

18. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I think we just need a player on the opposite wing to pulisic and we're good. Nick, carleton, or maybe paxton?

19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Also worth mentioning that Luca de la Torre got into the game for Fulham yesterday, and got good reviews based on his play. I personally see his long term future in central midfield as he doesn't have the pace to be a winger.

I also think that by this time next year we're going to be talking about the national team futures of Durkin, Pomykol, and Cam Lindley.

I personally haven't given up on Gedion Zelalem.

Suffice it to say we have a lot of prospects in centrall midfield and centerback right now in the pool. We need to identify and provide opportunities for more wingers, forwards, and fullbacks.

Patrick167 repped this.
  20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too hard to project how Zelalem will come back from that injury until we see him on the field.

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Undoubtedly. And he wasn't exactly lighting it up prior to the injury in club football. Still......................there was a reason he was so highly thought of in the first place. His strengths were his vision, dribbling, creativity, etc. His weaknesses were strength, aggression, maybe finishing, etc. The weaknesses were aspects I thought he could grow into and improve upon. I mean he was really, REALLY hyped. And not just by the hype-prone American soccer media. So we'll just have to see what happens with him after his return from injury. One must assume Arsenal will cut him loose.............................

IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Gedion Zelalem, the young Arsenal midfielder who 'dribbles like Iniesta and passes like Xavi'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...niesta-passes-like-Xavi-IN-THE-SPOTLIGHT.html

Real Corona repped this.
  22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McKennie starting for Schalke

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McKennie must be just riding that adrenaline high from scoring because he's having the best game of his career going forward more.

He and Gonzalez really look like they could compliment each other really well.

I'm getting way too excited about them

Patrick167, Winoman, ielag and 2 others repped this.
  24. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not over yet, but since I can't think of many new surprises until after the winter break, I have to say, what a year for this forum.

Guys like EPB and CCV have gotten it back on track. Sargent has rode his momentum into a senior camp callup, which regardless of your opinion of how justified that is, is remarkable considering how he was viewed before last year's Nike Friendlies. Keaton and JoGo have come out of pretty much nowhere to become top level prospects. CP and Weston have exceeded expectations. Even guys like Antonee Robinson and McKinze Gaines look like they could be more than useful at the next level.

I mean, even Jonathan ******* Klinsmann made the bench for Hertha.

Patrick167 repped this.