Youth Yanks Abroad (1997s or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    ielag, Peretz48, butters59 and 2 others repped this.
  2. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    ielag, Peretz48, Patrick167 and 2 others repped this.
  3. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Winoman repped this.
  4. Timm

Timm Member

Fc Barcelona
    United States
    Oct 6, 2017
    Hi all. Need some help with compiling a list of players that have gone from USSDA or MLS academies to top European clubs in the last 7 years. I’m not looking for guys that were born in Europe. Only USSDA or MLS to Europe. This is what I can think of so far:

Pulisic to Dortmund (2014)
    Matt Miazga to Chelsea (2015)
    Josh Pynadath to Ajax (2015)
    Timothy Weah to PSG (2016)
    Weston Mckennie to Schalke (2017)
    Erik Palmer Brown to Manchester City (2017)
    Keaton Parks to Benfica (2017)
    Shaft Brewer to RB Leipzig (2017)
    Josh Sargent to Werner Bremen (2017)
    Taylor Booth to Bayern Munich (2018)

Who am I missing?

5. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really know what you're looking for in big clubs, so I'm just gonna go with at team playing in a top 5 league when they moved there.

Yedlin, Hyndman, Shaq Moore (they are now), Gooch, Stanko, Brek Shea, Ream indirectly, Taitague, Zyen Jones, Haji, Isaiah Young, Geoff Cameron, Akale, Klinsmann (moved to US at 1 and lived here the large majority of the time after that), Steffen (Freiburg went down the year he went there, then came back up after he left), Josh Perez, McKinze Gaines, LDLT (Fulham went down that year), Olosunde, Fossey, Trevor Zwetsloot, Brady Scott, Omidiji, Kevin Kelley, and I'm sure I'm missing more than I can't think of.

Lookingforleftbacks and Patrick167 repped this.
  6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Winoman and TarHeels17 repped this.
  8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    As of midnight, it is now Josh Sargent Can Sign In Europe Day.

9. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017
    Thanks for reminding me since I totally hadn't marked this day on my soccer calendar about a month in advance...:)

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Winoman repped this.
  11. Maitreya

Maitreya Member+

Apr 30, 2007
    Providence, RI
    When will those morons at Schalke realize they should be signing tiny Californians with no speed or physique? Over-emphasis on physical traits is really ruining German soccer. ;)

Pegasus repped this.
  12. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    966025614095298560 is not a valid tweet id

bballshawn and Starman* repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  14. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Yeah, the HUGE part is odd as I wouldn’t say there’s a big name youth player in MLS/DA at the moment. Reyna probably makes the most sense with the potential Euro passport

15. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carleton? Didn’t say he has a passport, just that it’ll be announced soon.

16. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Could always be Adams to RB Leipzig. I figure that’s going to happen eventually.

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #2592 Clint Eastwood, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Could be the Taylor Booth news becoming official. Perhaps a move we've known about for awhile, but hasn't trickled to the masses. I just have a hunch that's not it, though.

Two players we also know have been in Germany recently have been Gloster and Richards. When I read that Ian Joy tweet it seemed to me he put huge in quotes to imply double meaning. Maybe that was just me. In other words the kid is actually huge, not just that the news is huge. Chris Richards must be 6'3" or something at this point? He's kind of gangly right now, but he's going to be a big boy when he fills out.

I've been thinking quite a bit after Dan Hunts comments recently. There's been a lot of rumblings behind the scenes that Bayern was impressed with the FCD kids that went over in December.

You know who else just turned 18 this month? Chris Durkin. We know there's been a lot of interest in Durkin for quite a while from Europe. And DCU doesn't need Durkin. They can sell him and be fine in their midfield. Could have been the plan all along.

18. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it would be Booth. The only reason he's anything close to mainstream, as mainstream goes for u20 MNT prospects, is because of his move to Bayern. Calling him a huge player while pretending he knows something others don't would be cheating.

Also, doubt it's Adams because he specifically said a youth national team player.

Considering he says it'll be announced in a couple weeks, I'm assuming it's a player who has yet to have a pro contract. Could be Gloster, Acosta, Richards, or Reyna, but Reyna doesn't even turn 16 until November, so that seems a little early.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    An uber-nerdy YNT/US Soccer calendar is the over-the-top shared Google document idea someone was waiting for. (Not me, I swear.)

Lookingforleftbacks and TarHeels17 repped this.
  20. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for telling me how to spend my afternoon, @Dave Marino-Nachison.

21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The context of "huge" and "YNT" matters, but we don't know the context. What quantifies as huge? Is it just players like Carleton, Durkin, Reyna, etc who get a lot of publicity? Or does it include some lesser talked about players like Las, Araujo, Richards who are not as mainstream but they deserve to be in the top tier?

And YNT might eliminate Adams, Glad and Acosta. We don't know. If it doesn't, one of those players could be on the move to the Bundesliga in the next transfer window.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  22. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I can’t recall any information with Ian Paul Joy about USYNT stuff. He looks like he knows things about soccer by looking at his twitter, and he does have clout on twitter so I trust him. But because I’ve not seen him talk about USYNT I think we can assume it’s a player that the media talks about a lot. I think of he means “huge” it’s probably like Reyna, Carleton, or Durkin. But maybe he’s got an inside scoop to an agent and he’s uncharacteristic calling this a huge player for twitter points.

23. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zyen Jones?

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012