Youth Yanks Abroad, '01-'04 YOBs (and Younger): 2018/19 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    They’ve specifically targeted areas that don’t belong to any club’s HG territory such as North Carolina.

If MLS ever gets rid of the dumb territory rule, SKC will no doubt be recruiting everywhere.

2. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    IIRC, this kid is from Boston. I would think that is NE territory. Maybe they have traded some GAM behind the scenes.

3. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you talking about Patrick Leal? He signed for a team in Lisbon.

eliwood repped this.
  4. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Haha, too much time on too many different threads! Also, dumb copy cat MLS names. Never would have read that wrong if they were still called the Wiz.

Belenese to Sporting is obviously a step up.

5. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    I guess 18 yr old Americans to Germany is now officially a wave. Mendez to Frieberg, Llanez and Edwards to Wolfsburg in the last day.

Didn't Ledezma get the memo? ;)

Interesting that Tyler Adams hasn't caused anyone to go his route. These kids just want to go over there. Brave.

Another question, why are they all so spread out? Dortmund, Munich, Schalke, Freiberg, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Hannover, Darmstadt, G. Furth, Hertha, Karlsruher, and maybe a couple I've missed. It seems every German team wants Americans (free and young).

6. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS academies are losing a lot of good prospects, but it's not like the number of kids signing MLS/USL deals has dried up. Seattle alone signed a half-dozen 01s and 02s to USL contracts in the last six months.

Quite a few U17s are under contract in MLS or USL including some pretty prominent ones: Bello, Busio, Fuentes, Scally, Ocampo-Chavez, Serrano, Lopez.

7. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    One thing about the 3+2 HG contract is that it keeps the clubs from really churning those spots. So, if you sign a bunch of '99s, there might not be any room for '02s because you still have the '99s. I think the development ranks in Europe are much more cutthroat. A whole roster of U19 will graduate but only a few will be kept.

There might be a transition where most of the HG kids are 18-22 to a point 3 years from now where they are mostly 15-18. Since limited roster sizes in MLS has forced some HG kids to get minutes here and there, we might see more and more 16-17 yr olds getting spot appearances like Bello.

8. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Check out @FutureUsmnt’s Tweet:
    1053289285384880128 is not a valid tweet id

I was wondering what became of Xuxuh, who at one time was perhaps the most hyped '01. Well, let's see how his trial goes.

9. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still don’t think I’ve ever seen him play and remain skeptical of his existence

Peretz48 repped this.
  10. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen him play and I dont think he is anything special.

11. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Saw him play at Dallas Cup a few years back to see what all the internet buzz was about on him. He looked good but definitely benefited from being bigger, faster and physically dominate over the kids he was playing with. Hope he gets on in Europe somewhere.

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  13. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember watching him about a year ago with the U16s and having no prior experience watching him and being extremely impressed. He played right back but was clearly extremely two footed, was great defensively, and moved really well on the ball. That's a lot more than I can say for most of our fullback prospects.

That, and yeah, he was still a tremendous athlete at that point in terms of both speed and acceleration, which is quite useful for a fullback.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Offensively, he plays some like Bello with a touch less pace. Looked a little better defensively than Bello. He can play both sides, but does better on the right because it allows him to attack better as an inverted fullback. His speed didn't look to be a problem, but he doesn't motor past players whenever he wants. He's better cutting in than running the line.

Patrick167 repped this.
  15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I'm pretty sure he's the Lennay Kukuah of soccer.

16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  17. SCSAutism

SCSAutism Member

United States
    May 9, 2017
    Konrad scored today.

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The other highlights are more impressive than the goal.

If Barcelona releases him, he needs to be on the U-20 WC team.

19. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    He was #11 on the right wing, right? If so, he had some filthy moves on runs not connected to his goal.

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, #11.

largegarlic repped this.
  21. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another goal for Arce for Morelia. Believe that puts him up to 6 goals for this Apertura so far, which would presumably be among the most in U17 Liga MX. And he's done it in less than 400 minutes; he's been in and out of their lineup presumably because of being away for international duty. In last season's Clausura he was the third-leading scorer in U15 Liga MX.
    1054061679498145792 is not a valid tweet id

xbhaskarx, sakibomb523, don Lamb and 5 others repped this.
  22. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #147 ChuckMe92, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    '01 California-born striker Jordan Adebayo-Smith was on the bench for the first time in EFL League Two, after being on the bench a couple of times for cup matches. His team Lincoln City are the League Two leaders and possibly more of a League One-caliber side, so this is impressive. Hope he is on the USSF's radar.

23. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I believe this one is "safe" -- his birthplace has been reliably listed as in the U.S.

25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Do we know if he has Spain YNT caps? If not, why the hold up in calling him into the '03 age group?