Youth Yanks Abroad, '01-'04 YOBs (and Younger): 2018/19 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    btlove and Luksarus repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    sakibomb523, btlove, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Highlights of Booth from @ShaftBrewer. He doesn't look to have lost his sharpness with the 1.5 seasons off between leaving RSL and playing for Bayern Munich.

1131716270846611457 is not a valid tweet id

btlove, don Lamb, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't confirm that most of these players are American, so take it for what its worth, but here are some names that haven't been talked about much that I've found in the Football-Talents database with an American listing.

Silas Burke ('01): Winger/striker at VFL Osnabruck U-19. The first team was promoted to the second division this season. He played 915 minutes in the U-19 Bundesliga this season with 3G, 0A. He has another year of U-19 eligibility.

Titouan Guillou ('01): GK at Auxerre II. The Auxerre first team plays in Ligue Two. He was on the bench three times this season. I can't find stats for the U-19 team, but I suspect he played mostly at that level this season. He's one of the youngest players listed with the second team. Football-Talents thinks he's American and Algerian. He likely also has French nationality, if he's playing for Auxerre. The reason that Football-Talents might list him as American could be that he listed New York, NY on a Facebook page that seemed to be his, but the link is no longer active.

Jeff Keil ('01): GK at Hertha Berlin U-19. He only played one game this season, but he's in the first of the two years for the U-19 team. He split back up duty with another '01, so we'll see which of the two (if either do) takes the starting role with the regular starter aging out from the U-19 division. There was never any confirmation that he's American, but some German websites do list him as a dual-national.

Noah Kai Banks ('06): I've seen his name written as Noahkai, so that might be an alternative spelling. The Augsburg website lists him as a dual-national, so thats confirmation. Football Talents lists him as a Left Midfielder.

ShaftBrewer and Winoman repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've seen mention that Silas Burke is German American for over a year.

While for Keil, they got 2 other 01 GKs but the 02s jump to U19 next season as well so that adds another 2 options.

6. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010

7. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles

TarHeels17 and ielag repped this.
  8. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles

9. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were college age, I'd strongly consider taking a path to become a soccer agent and specialize in getting our youth overseas.

The market for yanks is going to explode in the coming years.

Pegasus, KUSA77, Thundering165 and 2 others repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I wonder if they’ll use him as a LB or LW.

Luksarus repped this.
  11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  12. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  13. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get the source and all but I'd still be surprised. No one jumps straight into first team practice, except Sargent, who was promptly sent back down to the U23s.

Stupid_American and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It's "Some Tiny Detail About Preseason Means This American Teenager Might Get First Team Action" season!

Grumpy in LA, TarHeels17, KUSA77 and 6 others repped this.
  15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    One of four 01's in the squad today, and the youngest player in the squad. Two of those 01's are extremely highly rated players on the world stage (Batista Meier and Zirkzee). If Booth can keep the same company as this group of players, he must be very highly rated at Bayern.

KUSA77, ielag, ShaftBrewer and 3 others repped this.
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1142430570603061248 is not a valid tweet id

17. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

USSoccerNova, ussoccer97531 and Luksarus repped this.
  18. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Two kids from the same age group in a non-MLS academy now at two good academies in Germany. I’d like to see Sacramento be one of the next MLS expansion teams because they have a good academy. Clubs like Cincinnati, Minnesota, Nashville have no track record with an academy or being an area that has produced a lot of talent.

USSoccerNova and TarHeels17 repped this.
  20. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's why I want Charlotte as well. Too many good players in that area who just end up moving. Busio, Lindsey, Manny Perez, and Adam Armour are all recent guys who didn't have a NC team to go to. That and they're just as big a market as anyone else should make them a shoe in if the new owner wants it, but of course that's not how it works.

It's hard to see a place like Nashville or Austin moving the needle with youth players.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don’t mind those two as much as Cincinnati or Minnesota. There are so many talented players in Texas that Austin could produce talent and the South has enough talented players to have another MLS academy.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  22. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    San Antonio FC is doing some good things. Will be interesting to see if Austin FC recruits heavily.

23. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Raleigh and the Triangle has a much better soccer culture than Charlotte. If they can get the downtown stadium (announcement supposedly coming this week) they should be favored for the team over Charlotte. The academy is already a lot stronger than anything Charlotte can offer.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  24. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in the triangle and I just don't believe in the fans. The Hurricanes are year over year among the worst supported teams in the league. You can point to the Durham Bulls, but the Charlotte Knights are just as well supported.

Charlotte's just a bigger place and has more money. It also gives the South Carolina soccer fans a team. In a perfect world both areas get a team, but likely that's not going to happen. Maybe if Raleigh got some better financial backing it'd make sense, but to me it's just too small a market with not enough upside. If it joined MLS right now it'd be the smallest (except for when Austin joins, but Austin is also the fastest growing by a landslide over 500k people).