Youth Yanks Abroad, '01-'04 YOBs (and Younger): 2018/19 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This was about Jake LaCava. LaCava's an '01 winger.

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pl@ymaker, sakibomb523, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  3. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker and xbhaskarx repped this.
  4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CCR and California?

Winoman and TheFalseNine repped this.
  5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #280 xbhaskarx, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Weird to see both Pynadath and Lederman in the spotlight on the same day... slightly different tones though.

'We sacrificed our lives for this': How U.S. prodigy Ben Lederman's career was almost ruined at Barcelona

Where else if not California? Specifically Northern California, all around the bay area, which is where Joshua Pynadath is from (Los Altos is near San Jose)...

All four members of CCR were born in the bay area (the Fogerty brothers in Berkeley), and they met in junior high school in El Cerrito.

"Lodi" is about Lodi, CA.
    "Green River" (used in this video) is about Putah Creek near Winters, CA.

Oakland CA:
    [​IMG]
    Other album covers are in Berkeley (Cosmo's Factory) and Tilden Park near Berkeley (Green River)...

A google search turned this up, someone did a lot of research into it...
    http://www.popspotsnyc.com/creedence/

TheFalseNine, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, roasted.

TheFalseNine and DHC1 repped this.
  7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you taught me something I didn't know. Always thought they were from Louisiana. Still they play swamp rock using the guitar to make a shimmering sound reminiscent of being in the bayou. So you're correct that they chose a California band it's just that it's one that doesn't play a California sound.

TheFalseNine and Winoman repped this.
  8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #283 ChuckMe92, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsTSNSIFlqY/

The player on the far left who has a bit of resemblance to Gianluca Busio is Lucas Tamarez, an '04 midfielder for Hoffenheim U15s. You can see that Hoffenheim's verified account tagged his personal, private account which displays a US flag emoji, which could well mean he has US nationality. Transfermarkt lists him with German and Italian nationalities.

9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hype train inbound for '01 US U18 forward Charlie Kelman, who scored his first League One goal today for Southend United.

10. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kelman has scored his first professional goal, and in dramatic fashion no less, before any of the other England-based 2001s who have been called up by England U18s. This includes the ones who are with smaller Championship or League One clubs.

11. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Is it too early to consider him for the U-20s with the WC coming up?

12. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not, IMO. Getting all three or even two of Sargent, Weah, Soto is unlikely. Ferreira could be in if he gets citizenship in time, hopefully, but that's not assured. Then you've got Rennicks and Akinola, then after that we're calling in the likes of Perry (who isn't even playing for Cologne's reserves) and Becher. Kelman should get a look in a U20 camp.

13. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Provisionally cap tying him wouldn’t be a terrible idea, but why would Southend release him if he’s playing first team minutes?

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't see why Ferreira wouldn't get it in time. Same process that Jones and Zelalem undertook. They got it in time.

I think we can get Soto, Ferreira and Rennicks released. Thats a nice mix of types of strikers. Weah and Sargent are unlikely, although they shouldn't be unlikely. Werder's season ends the 18th and the U-20 WC starts the 25th. Plenty of time for Sargent to join the U-20 team. The Scottish Cup final is the day the tournament starts, but even then, lets say Weah misses one game, I still think he's worth adding to the roster. The roster of strikers should be Sargent, Soto, Weah and maybe Ferreira.

In the event that Soto isn't released (or Ferreira doesn't get citizenship in time), there should be an '01 striker whose been integrated into the program, and could be called in for the final striker spot. Kelman, Stojanovic and Diaz would all be good options for that.

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Well, maybe because the federal government is shut down.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    not good enough. alot of talented depth in that age group

ielag repped this.
  17. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Interesting that on the back of the fact coming out FCD missed on Chris Richards they also missed on this kid. Kelman will be in the Premiere League before long.

STANDFAST repped this.
  18. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not right now.

largegarlic and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no idea if he's American but I know he was called up to a German U15 Camp. These U15 camps are mostly filtering as there are usually 2 friendly games in May and they call up a ton of players throughout the season. Although not making U15 is not indicative of your U16-onwards chances either.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  21. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But they didn't miss on Ferreira and Pepi. Can't pick everyone and whichever you don't pick may still be really good. Just shows how many good players there are in N. Texas. Now we need the rest of the country to step up.

Stupid_American and ielag repped this.
  22. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It might make sense for them to get their player some exposure above league one. That might help his resale value.

xbhaskarx and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    No kidding.

I mean...……………..I have no reason not to like Charlie Kelman. I'm rooting for him. I hope he develops into Lionel Messi. But he didn't score a goal for Barcelona against Real Madrid. He scored a goal for Southend against a team in the relegation zone of English League One. What is that supposed to mean vis-a-vi FCD's evaluation of him? I don't think it really means anything.

Clubs always have difficult decisions to make with young players. You can't invest in everyone. FCD chose youngsters like Ferreira, Pomykal, Roberts, Servania, etc. as opposed to Kelman. And Kelman scoring a goal against effing Plymouth does nothing to indicate their evaluation was faulty.

To be fair as well, we don't know the story here. We don't even know if FCD had an opportunity with Kelman. Maybe he made it clear he wanted to head to England, and so FCD didn't invest in him.

24. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Tell me how they missed on Richards and Kelman again.

25. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Didn’t Kelman’s family move back to England for non-footballing reasons?