Youth Yanks Abroad, '01-'04 YOBs (and Younger): 2018/19 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The two Cameron Harpers started against each other yesterday in the Scottish Youth Cup. The Harper in the tweet above is our Cameron Harper......

While the one in this tweet is the '01 left back who plays for ICT.

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    That is some excellent follow-up work right there. (And, since I didn't point it out the first time, I should note that they are both apparently born in November '01, though not on the same day. Ours, however, shares a birthday with a particularly handsome and intelligent BigSoccer poster who is far too humble to allow me to discuss it here.)

Though I believe the correct plural is "Camerons Harper."

;)

gunnerfan7, Winoman, Pl@ymaker and 2 others repped this.
  3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    1073255810694873088 is not a valid tweet id

4. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stay tuned, but '01 Roberto Hategan has flown out to Nuremberg and is already there.

sakibomb523, KUSA77, Peretz48 and 7 others repped this.
  5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    fun highlights. soft feet and nice turns. definitely a not insignificant amount of swag too

TheFalseNine repped this.
  6. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Interesting to see how long his contract with Sacramento is, but if they’re willing to pay a transfer fee for him, that’d be a pretty big deal for a USL academy.

ChuckMe92 and Sup Bro repped this.
  7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    At the time of signing, it was reported to be a two-year contract with a club option for the third year. The club said in November that it exercised Hategan's option, so it would appear that he'd need to be bought.

https://www.sacrepublicfc.com/news_article/show/972875

KUSA77, ChuckMe92, TarHeels17 and 3 others repped this.
  8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    '05 former NYCFC academy player Ibuki Matsushita is now with the academy of JEF Chiba of the second tier in Japan. He had a productive 2017-18 season for NYCFC U13s with 23 starts and 10 goals, and briefly played with the U14s. His DA profile lists his hometown as Riverside, Connecticut, but his nationality as Japan, so he may or may not be US-eligible.

Tactical Hipster and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #234 ChuckMe92, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Here's the fruit of some serious detective work. '05 1860 Munich U15 player Mansour Ouro-Tagba is American, according to his Instagram and according to a FuPa article. Appears to be a big #9. He's playing up a year in their academy.

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/mansouryy9/
    With 1860's U15s for this season, pictured in the far right of the top row:
    https://www.tsv1860muenchen.org/jun...8-junioren-teams/juniorenteams-2018-2019.html
    Translated excerpt of a FuPa article from a couple years ago:
    https://www.fupa.net/berichte/tsv-1...-die-wunschspieler-der-jungloewen-705203.html
    Optimism as a basic virtue - that's how it must be at 1860. Bayern fan? Mansour, the tall U 11 striker, smiles and clears his throat......"Sure, I would like to see 1860 win more often," says the American. "But Bayern, a championship celebration after another - that's boring."​

10. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ussoccer97531 and Winoman repped this.
  11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Take it for what its worth, but this "rumor mill" says he also has offers from those clubs:

12. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  13. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'd rather see him go to a smaller club like Atalana or Genoa.

14. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1077293367841771520 is not a valid tweet id

15. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #240 ChuckMe92, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    One of those clubs is Manchester United. It wouldn't surprise me if he left, from what I heard.

The question is whether or not he can leave yet or he has to wait until he turns 16. I think the rule is that he has to be 16 to move to Europe with an EU passport (18 without one) or he has to move with a parent to Europe, if he goes before 16.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  17. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Chicago Fire keepers, has Damian Las expressed any interest in playing in Europe?

18. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He ends every IG picture with #RoadToEurope

19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and TheFalseNine repped this.
  20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Well, who doesn't?

STANDFAST, Winoman and TheFalseNine repped this.
  21. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will any teams start dropping players who show zero interest in signing for them? If they won't sign a HG contract at 15-16 would a team say why waste more time and resources on them sort of like the rumor of Pulisic not being a starter because he won't sign an extension.

22. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    I think retaining their rights is a decent incentive. Far from an ideal outcome for the MLS club, but the path back to MLS from Europe is far from untraveled. As much as these kids dream of going to Europe, MLS has shown a huge desire to bring them back, whether it's after a long career filled with glory or a short span ruined by injury. I think it's fairly likely that just about all of these guys will end up back in MLS at SOME point, whether it's two years or 12 years.

Winoman, USSoccerNova, xbhaskarx and 2 others repped this.
  23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Let's try it! Next time this happens with a 16-year-old superstar at the club you run, the club I run will gladly take him for the next two years to see if we can come up with a better offer.

STANDFAST and TheFalseNine repped this.
  24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your money to run it or someone else's? I usually prefer to spend others money but so far no one has let me.

I thought about a player moving but teams should make it pretty easy for players to move to Europe when they get offers. Maybe low buyout amounts with bigger cuts of sell on fees. It is a business after all and not a charity.

25. Kombucha

Kombucha Member+

Jul 1, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    I would think the potential long-terms gains of keeping a player in the fold outweighs the fairly limited per-player costs.

1) Retain Rights. Zach Steffen is a perfect example. A fraction of a Zach Steffen pays for keeping 100 guys who want to go to Europe on the roster.

2) Marketing. It helps recruit and put the academy on the map to have a player getting called in to big camps and leaving for Europe.

3) If MLS ever adopts any sort of solidarity or training compensation.

4) They also likely have no other real prospect on the roster that is being held back developmentally by keeping this type of prospect. The academy is already paying for dozens of players that have almost no hope of every doing anything for pro team. You are already paying for them and they are not going to help you, so why not keep a player you will probably lose, but is worth a lot more than a second string defender who might play DIII.

DHC1, TxEx, xbhaskarx and 3 others repped this.