Youth Yanks Abroad, ‘01-‘04 YOBs (and younger): 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 20, 2019.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    am i crazy to think chris richards would probably be playing for ajax by now?

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Ruben Hernandez ('02) now has 16 goals this season in the Mexican U-20 league. 6 ahead of second place in the league.

3. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #303 Peretz48, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually probably not as central defense is the one spot Ajax has well thought of veteran players.

5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It seems like this guy is the penalty taker in his age group at Barcelona. Thats usually not a bad thing. Usually one of the better players on the team has that role. I believe he's a #10, but I'm not sure.

6. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles

SCSAutism, Pl@ymaker, butters59 and 4 others repped this.
  7. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    ussoccer97531 and Peretz48 repped this.
  8. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    ussoccer97531 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    There are two MLS teams that are owned by European clubs. Those two clubs regularly sell Americans to Europe. The other 22 clubs...don't.

People who only watched the team at the U17WC are wondering what BM is doing. "Why pay all that for him?" Credit to @ussoccer97531 for being constant that Scally was a big prospect.

ussoccer97531 and Winoman repped this.
  10. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    What other Americans has NYCFC sold?

And many people were foolishly mad at that other European owned team known for selling for not selling Aaron Long for $3-$4 million.

11. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    NYCFC sold Mix and let Reyna walk. They don't have a USL team and their academy is pretty new. But having sold one, puts them in elite company in MLS! I guess you can add FCD in, although they have not been willing to sell established MLS talent, but they did sell Richards. I still have my doubts that they will sell Pomykal or anyone else they have on a HG deal that plays minutes for them.

Long seemed depressed that he didn't move and is probably looking to move in January.

12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The highest profile USYNT/USMNTer that FCD sold was Brek Shea. Drafted him as a 16 year old and sold him to the Premier League for 3 millionish. Good business on their part. Corey Gibbs to Feyenoord, Kenny Cooper to 1860 Munich. Plenty of other examples.

There's zero evidence that they won't sell Pomykal, Cannon, and company if a good transfer offer comes in. They've sold homegrowns like Richard Sanchez (to Tigres), Alejandro Zendejas (to Chivas), Chris Richards (to Bayern), etc. in the past.

There's no credible source indicating FCD has ever received transfer offers for Pomykal. So its kind of a moot point for the moment.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1195005807982776320 is not a valid tweet id

USSoccerNova, butters59 and bballshawn repped this.
  15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Ah yes...............more evidence. Reynolds started. Roberts and Cerrillo (twitterverse says Carrillo is a typo) on the bench. Also note the Tillmans on the bench.

Pl@ymaker and Luksarus repped this.
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    don Lamb and bballshawn repped this.
  18. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Reynolds' all touch video was brutal. Thomas Roberts was a very good one. Cerillo's was meh

19. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Reynolds getting his pocket picked and then causing a PK. Giving the ball away like it was candy. Roberts was decent. Cerillo is the new Ulloa at FCD (The Crab) always going side to side or backwards. I saw one forward pass where he gave it away.

Would be surprised if any of these guys are at Bayern anytime soon if this is consistent with how they have been playing there.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  20. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    I don't have any concrete facts, but hearing from the scouting community that a Pepi to Bayern deal, similar to the Scally deal, could be a possibility. I agree with you, all are good players, but outside of Pepi, none are at a European level currently.

21. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    wouldn't Pepi have to wait until he was 18? That's two more years at FCD at least, correct?

22. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    Yes, he would have to wait. Still a pretty good investment if they could get him now, for a price that is surely lower than it could be in a couple more years.

23. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    that would set an interesting precedence if a team from Europe could buy a player in the US at age 16 that can't come over until 18. Lock in his rights and store him away in the States for a few years.

24. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    isn't that exactly what happened with scally?

Patrick167 repped this.
  25. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    That’s literally just what Gladbach did with Scally yesterday. Bayern bought Davies before he turned 18 as well.

DHC1 repped this.