Youth tournament in China

Discussion in 'China' started by Kamran, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    There is no Iranian coach's comment saying the players are 17-18 years in the article I posted before this ( http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510211 )

By the way, except I and another guy called Ata, all the Iranians at the PFDC board said the Iranian team which came to this tournament was U-20. Below are 3 threads discussing the topic.

http://persianfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48572

http://persianfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48440&page=2

http://persianfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48509

If you insist this Iranian team is U-18, please post at least one article in English stating that.

2. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    The “Pakhtakor” (which means “Cotton Picker”) football club

http://www.esectorsolutions.com/projects/index.php/browse/.esp.website/view/.103/

3. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The coach is not Iranian and I got the comment from the Iranian news paper "Iran Varzeshi" that ran a daily story on the team... I don't insist on anything but PFDC is not a source... I get all I need to know about the Iranian team from daily Persian newspaper such as:

www.iran-varzeshi.com
    www.khabars.net

or official news agencies like:

www.isna.ir
    www.farsnews.com

They are not in English because they are not supposed to as they are targeting Iranian readers... if the coach calls them 17-18 yos then they must be... Iran's official U-20 team has some famous players namely (e.g. top scorer Amraee)... anyways I still don't know why we are even having this conversation?!!

4. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Matchday 4:

China 1 - 1 Korea
    Iran 2 - 0 Uzbekistan
    Australia 5 - 3 Shandong

1. Australia - 9 points
    2. China - 8 points
    3. Iran - 6 points
    4. Uzbekistan - 6 points
    5. Shandong - 4 points
    6. Korea - 1 point

5. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    This thread is about the Six-Nation U-18 Tournament so discussing Iran which is one of the participants is not off-topic. Actually you are the one who started telling about the Iranian team.

One of the link you provided (www.farsnews.com) has English version but unfortunately that agency does not post sports news. First, I believe this Iranian team is U-18 but after those guys at PFDC insisted it was U-20 and after one of them posted the article in English stating it was U-20, I tend to believe it is U-20 because this is kinda invitation tournament so the organizing committee must not check the dates of birth of the players.

6. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Dae Han Min Guk
    Da Han Min Guo
    Dai Kan Min Koku
    :)

7. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I think Han City is a better name because Han River flows through the center of that city. Besides Chinese people must tend to like the name of "Han City" because it gives an impression as if it is a city in the Han Dynasty :D

As to Shou Er, I just don't know how to translate it into English.

8. Greatwallcup

Greatwallcup New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There is an annual International Youth Tournament held in Beijing...

The Great Wall Cup
    www.thegreatwallcup.com

During its 2011 competition, the tournament welcomed 14 international teams to play against 16 domestic Chinese teams.

International Teams included:
    • Zico Soccer School (Brazil)
    • Manilla Soccer Academy (Phillippines)
    • Deportivo De Mexico (Mexico)
    • New Energy (Russia)
    • Balcatta Soccer Club (Australia)
    • Bowen Soccer Academy (Australia)
    • Jinju Middle School (S.Korea)
    The level of competition at The Great Wall Cup is high and domestic teams included Beijing Guoan Youth team and Shanxi Chanba Youth teams. The tournament is aimed at optimising football to promote cultural exchange. International Teams participating can have the chance to visit historical Chinese relics and attend "China Touch" workshop.

The Tournament's success was also reflected by the amount of media attention both within CHina and globally. CCTV-News Channel reported on the opening ceremony of the tournament and newspapers in Brazil, Sweden and several other countries made reports regarding benefit this tournament has on Youth Football in China and globally.

For more information please check out www.thegreatwallcup.com:)

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ^ dude your link isn't even working.
    nice epic thread bump btw.

10. Greatwallcup

Greatwallcup New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ^ dude your link isn't even working.
    nice epic thread bump btw.

Thanks for the heads up.
    We are in the process of fixing the problem. Should be back up soon.

11. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    In Beijing in the 1990s N Korea was just Chaoxian and S Korea was Hanguo.

Seoul should be called Hancheng. I mean Tokyo is still Dongjing isn't it? Why the change?

12. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Dude what? Dongjing is 東京 read in Chinese. Hancheng isn't 서울 read in Chinese. You can't just make up your own name for another nation's city.

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the sock got a point
    pointless to debate on something four years ago since the original posters and co. arent around here anymore.
    thread closed - open a new youth thread if needed.