Youth tournament in China

Discussion in 'China' started by Kamran, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I heard there is gonna be a youth tournament in China with Australia, Iran, Korea, China and some other teams participating starting next week (or maybe already started)... anybody has more info? results? webcast?

2. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It's actually China, Japan, North Korea, and Botswana's U23 teams.

3. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    well I am talking more of an U-17 lvl... The Iranian team left for China yesterday...

4. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
  5. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Sohu.com gives us wrong schedule! It says China vs Iran today but what I saw at the highlights of the CCTV News tonight was China beat Uzbekistan 2 - 1. China started the game with heavy attacks just like the NT team against Iran in Asian Cup, one shot hit the cross bar many just a little bit wide. China later scored but was equalized by Uzbekistan. China scored the winner in the injury time to seal the match 2 - 1.

6. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    Iran lost 1:2 to Shandong U-18 and I think Korea lost against Australia 0:1.

7. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Second day results:

China - Shandong Luneng: 1 - 1
    Iran - Australia: 1 - 4
    Korea - Uzbekistan: 2 - 3

8. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Is it N.Korea or S. Korea?

9. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    Dae Han Ming Guk

10. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Dae Han Min Guk

11. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Doesn't Dae Han Min Guk mean People's Republic of Big Korea?

It looks a bit arrogant. :eek:

12. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    It is South Korea. Usually we mention South Korea as Korea and North Korea as Korea DPR though the official name of South Korea is Korea Republic or Dae Han Min Guk (in Korean).

13. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Then how do we call Korea DPR in Korean?

14. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    大韓民國 / 대한민국 :)

15. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    조선민주주의인민공화국 is DPR Korea. We call ourself 한국 (Korea), they call themselves 조선 (Joseon). We also refer to them as 북한 (North Korea) and ourself 남한 (South Korea), but they refer themselves 북조선 (North Joseon) and us as 남조선 (South Joseon).

I think. :confused::)

16. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Yes. In FIFA, we are known as Korea Republic and our code is KOR. North Korea is known as Korea DPR and their code is PRK.

17. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Latest Results:

China 1 - 0 Australia
    Uzbekistan 2 - 0 Shandong
    Korea 0 - 2 Iran

18. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I just read that Iran is missing 6 main squad players(4 starters and 2 subs) because their respective club (Sepahan Isfahan) is refusing to let them go for this tourney as they are preparing for their games in ACL... Although I am happy that like always some of our clubs actually give a chance to the youth players but it is kind of sad that these guys are denied some international exposure...

19. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    In China we used to refer North Korea as Bei Chao Xian(Noth Joseon) and South Korea as Nan Chao Xian(South Joseon).
    But after Beijing dumped North Korea and established diplomatic relationship with South Korea, they had to call the south part Han Guo(Han Guk)

We haved always called Seoul "Han Cheng"(Han City) until 2 years ago we changed its Chinese translation to Shou Er(Seoul)

20. jdlrioss

jdlrioss New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Anybody Knows The Historial Of Goals Of Chen Tao Along His Career?

21. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Sepahan Isfahan is a big club in Iran which will play against Kawasaki Frontale of Japan on September 19, 2007 in the quarter finals of The 2007 AFC Champions League. Isn't it strange that such a famous club depends on 6 players of U-18 for its games against Kawasaki Frontale?

And I became more confused to read that the team which came to China is U-20 instead. :eek: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=17499&sectionid=3510211

And those people at the PFDC (Persian Football Discussion Community) Forum all said the Iranian team which came to China is the U-20 team.

22. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Now I read that Uzbekistan's forward player San'at Shikhin(18years old) is leading among the scorers with his 5 goals.
    By the way, today he was transferred to 'Pakhtakor', which is the most popular team in Uzbekistan.

23. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    He scored a hat trick against the Koreans.

I doubt the Cotton pickers would be his final destination. He told journalist he wants to play for Inter.

24. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    well it is Iran and you see strange things... one of the best scorers during last edition of IPL was Amraee (who played for Iran's Olympic squad as well) and he is only 17 (was 16 last year)... Kaebi started his TM appearance when he was 16... but yeah Sepahan is using these 6 players in the reserve team and basically as an opponent in preparation they tend to keep their 32 man squad for preparations...
    That is rubbish in the coach's words "we are here to achieve something greater than wins with these 18-17 years olds"... I was following the team in the papers from a week before going to China and the team is being prepared for 2012 Olympics..

25. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    No, actually he didn't told to journalist that he wants to play to Inter. Journalists asked him if he knew about that the selectioners of Inter Milan were interesting with him, in which he answered that he didn't know about that.
    What do mean by 'Cotton pickers'?