You're the Minority, learn to live with it.

Discussion in 'Elections' started by peledre, Nov 8, 2004.

1. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What a phony. Emerson took a walk half a mile behind his house and pretended it was the Garden of Eden. I'd kick Emerson's ass.

[​IMG]

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thoreau did a fair amount of walking in his day, by New England standards especially. However: John Muir: now there was a walking mother********er!

3. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    If I become an "enlightened" one, will I have such a command of the language as this fellow?

4. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ha- you got retards in the South that can walk further than John Muir. I'd like to see Muir keep up with Benjy Compson on a golf course.

[​IMG]

5. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now come on, don't be disrespectful, it's crystal meth, not crank. Gosh, the gall of some people...

:D

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lets keep the hip-hop artists out of it, ok?

7. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to argentine soccer fan again.

8. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I live in one of the most expensive neighborhoods on the South Side, and that's utter ****************.

9. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much do you pay per sq. ft?

10. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hell if I know, but my apartment more than fits my needs and I pay $500/month. And when I go to my local bar I get beer for ~$3 a pint and a basket of 20 wings for $3 exactly.

11. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Mister, John Muir could walk farther than Dale Earnhardt could drive, and he didn't have Zoolander's Syndrome regarding right turns, either.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: I live in one of the more expensive neighborhoods on Manhattan, and I don't pay that much for my 1 bedroom, or $8 for a tap.
    As my parents said to me when a lawyer friend of mine moved to Nebraska to work and bought a house "you can buy a house in Nebraska too."

Sure, South Dakota is cheaper. Because its ********ing South Dakota.

13. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you all stop confronting his beliefs with your facts? It's distasteful elitism on your part.

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Meanwhile, my NYC apartment is in a quickly gentrifying/hipsterfying neighborhood and paying $777 after a rent increase. I go down the street and pay $1 for 5 dumplings or a cup of soup. I walk to a theater that plays movies that open nationwide next week. My life kicks ass.

15. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Washington DC must be the most goddamned expensive piece of shit hellhole in the whole fucking world. I better move to New York where everything's cheaper.

[​IMG]

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    When I lived in DC I thought it was horribly overpriced, myself.
    That, and Foggy Bottom was insanely boring.

17. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I pay $2200/month for a two bedroom. And the area's not even that hip.

I'm closing on a house next week. You ought to see how tiny that piece of ******** is.

[​IMG]

18. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    DC is a hellhole to live in. Arlington is cheaper, has as many if not more of those restaurants, theaters, parks, and libraries than DC, and is all of five minutes from uppity Georgetown.

19. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I stayed at a friend's studio in DC that was smaller than any home should be. The kitchen was so small that you couldn't open the stove door all the way without hitting the wall.

Before I moved in with the lil' lady, I had a one-bedroom + office in the same hood as C-man. Rent was $700/month and included free (i.e., pirate) cable w/ HBO. On my salary, I could live quite well in Nebraska. But then, I'd be spending my weekends maintaining a lawn and rooms in the house that I didn't actually use, and I would have to drive everywhere. I'd much rather spend my weekends jogging by the lake and to be able to walk to the grocery store or take the train (faster, cheaper, and less stressful than driving) downtown.

20. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont see you for a whole ********ing month and the first ********ing time I forget to put your mother********ing gif in a post, you're on me in five ********ing seconds.

[​IMG]

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Remind me not to bet with you.

I lived in the bay area, and have friends in Palo Alto. Believe me, I can imagine.

22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A friend of mine who moved from the Bay Area used to say that "'Palo Alto' is Spanish for 'high real estate prices.'"

23. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Seattle: The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle ... Liberal latteland -- in fact, we contributed the latte to modern American liberalism.

Want to sell a place in Seattle? OK. Put it on the market, then. Blink. Now you're ready to close on the deal.

Lewis County, just a little over an hour's drive away south on I-5. What? You never heard of it? OK, well, it's red, red, red. 64 percent for Bush last Tuesday.

There are properties that have been on the market in Lewis County for two years. I know someone who recently simply walked away and let the bank foreclose on his old home there rather than try to sell it.

I know I wouldn't mind moving back to Seattle someday, as pricey as it is and as screwed up as things can be there sometimes. But Lewis County? Well, why?

24. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My best friend now goes to school at Western Washington, I'll be heading out to meet up with him during the Spring to do some skiing at Whistler and Mt. Baker and a few other things up in Victoria...

25. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I did my undergrad there. Make sure and hit Lafeen's for donuts. Best I've ever had.