You're the Minority, learn to live with it.

Discussion in 'Elections' started by peledre, Nov 8, 2004.

1. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attention Liberals, you're now thoroughly entrenched as the Minority Party in the US Political Sphere. Learn to live with it, Republicans had to for about 40 consecutive years in the 20th Century, and we weren't talking about secession and cursing our more numerous opponents.

Sorry, the moaning and groaning around here is starting to get to me.

2. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I have not yet begun to fight! Civil war baby, it's coming ;)

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Its amazing how the Democrats see a 51-49 loss as a puddle whereas the Republicans see that same margin as the Mississippi.

4. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed! The liberal carping about sour grapes is too much and becoming unpatriotic! Everyone get in line and support our President!

IntheNet

"Historically, the best way to convert liberals is to have them move out of their parent's home, get a job, and start paying taxes. But if this doesn't work, you might have to actually argue with a liberal."
    How To Talk To A Liberal, Ann Coulter

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    "Historically, the best way to convert liberals is to have them move out of their parent's home, get a job, and start paying taxes. But if this doesn't work, you might have to actually argue with a liberal."

I love Ann Coulter. Liberal states subsidize red states with taxes, because we pay more of them per capita.

6. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comment on the Coulter quote:

I'd wager good money that the "liberals" around here on average make more money than the "conservatives" do. Apart from Nutmeg, I can't think of a single one of them that seems even educated. The "tax" argument is so ridiculous. <---- look, I know how to spell the word.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is Right. We are all a bunch of poor, uneducated, supersticious idiots who cannot even spell, and we should allow ourselves to be ruled by our smarter, wiser, superior brethren like chad. People like chad know what is good for us better than we do.

What were the founding fathers thinking when they allowed our vote to count? That was the first of many ignorant ideas which led to this mess which we call the United States of America.
    :D

8. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually agree with everything you said.

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I thought this thread was addressed to men, not liberals.

But now that you mention it, based on the election, the proportion of "conservative/liberal" is roughly the same as "female/male." So if men have learned to live with their alleged minority status, I'm fairly certain "liberals" will be able to pull it off, too.

10. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    That might be because the conservatives tend to be down-to-earth working people, while liberals tend to be an effete corps of impudent snobs.

Did you learn that "I've got more money than you" argument from reading Kierkegaard?

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, you are in good company. Socrates believed just as you do. But we all know how he ended up.

:D

12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apparently, he is right.

And no, you weren't trying to be funny.

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Vindicated by history?

;)

14. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And don't forget ugly!

15. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about you, but I feel pretty good knowing that I'm smarter than 51% of the population.

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, owing somebody some cocks and unable to pay. :D

17. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Uh, depending on your property, gender, or race, they probably didn't allow your vote to count.

18. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Sorry to do two posts in a row, but this might not be the board, sport or nation to claim that majority trumps everything.

19. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LEARN to live with it? Dude, I woke up (and wake up here) everyday living with it. Being a minority is not the issue.

And what are you submitting with that? That the majority is,m by definition, right?

How much history, how much change, fostered by various minorities can you sh!t on in one thread launch?

20. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My standardized test scores already told me I'm starter than 99% of college bound high school seniors so being told that I'm starter than 51% of the nation is a bit underwhelming ;).

21. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Ann Coulter owes it to herself to satisfy her twisted fetishes in one gratuitous snuff film.

22. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conservative never stopped bitching and moaning about the 'liberal elite' and our evil schemes. Now that they have the White House, the Supreme Court, and both houses of Congress, do you really think they'll stop, what with Dan Rather and all those ivory-tower academics still on the loose?

And if the moaning and groaning is getting to you, well, we had to put up with all that and much worse for years. Tell your peeps to shut the ******** up and get to work.

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'd feel better about being smarter if my state wasn't giving handouts to the red states. Can we have a state version of No Child Left Behind and cut off the underperforming states?

24. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I remember learning in high school that only male, white, land-owners were allowed to vote and that a free black man's vote was only worth 3/5 of a white man's. I also slept a lot in high school so if some one could clarify this I would appreciate it.

25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    It was great when the college students tried to nail her with pies a couple of wks. ago. Even when she wasn't expecting it, the evil scarecrow was somehow able to dodge food.